Broncos' Great Stats in 2012 Season.....Please Add To The List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos' Great Stats in 2012 Season.....Please Add To The List

It's all about winning and going for The Ring, but lets take a few minutes to review all the great stats that we accumulated during the 2012 season:

Team

- 11 straight victories, resulting in #1 Seed in The AFC
    - 4th in O and 2nd in D, based on total yards
    - 2nd in O Scoring and 4th in D Scoring Against
    - Most 2nd Half Scoring in History (sorry, don't have the details yet, but heard it yesterday)
    - Tied for 1st in Sacks with 52 (tied with St. Lou)
    - Oline rated 2nd overall based on an NFL Measurement (behind The Giants)
    - Oline 1st in QB Hits against (just 45, whereas the next lowest is 53 by The Giants)
    - Oline 2nd in QB Sacks against (just 21, one behind The Giants)

Individual

- Peyton Manning 2nd in QB Rating at 105.8 (behind Rodgers at 108.0)
    - Von Miller 3rd in Sacks with 18.5 (behind Watt - 20.5 and A Smith - 19.5)
    - Decker 2nd in Receiving TDs with 13 (behind James Jones - 14)
    - DT 4th in Receiving Yards with 1,434

I am sure you can fill in the many gaps I've left. These stats by no means reflect the career advances made by Peyton, as he continues to climb the All Time list. Then again, Peyton Manning accomplishments are a thread of their own.....

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    It's all about winning and going for The Ring, but lets take a few minutes to review all the great stats that we accumulated during the 2012 season:

Team

- 11 straight victories, resulting in #1 Seed in The AFC
    - 4th in O and 2nd in D, based on total yards
    - 2nd in O Scoring and 4th in D Scoring Against
    - Most 2nd Half Scoring in History (sorry, don't have the details yet, but heard it yesterday)
    - Tied for 1st in Sacks with 52 (tied with St. Lou)
    - Oline rated 2nd overall based on an NFL Measurement (behind The Giants)
    - Oline 1st in QB Hits against (just 45, whereas the next lowest is 53 by The Giants)
    - Oline 2nd in QB Sacks against (just 21, one behind The Giants)

Individual

- Peyton Manning 2nd in QB Rating at 105.8 (behind Rodgers at 108.0)
    - Von Miller 3rd in Sacks with 18.5 (behind Watt - 20.5 and A Smith - 19.5)
    - Decker 2nd in Receiving TDs with 13 (behind James Jones - 14)
    - DT 4th in Receiving Yards with 1,434

I am sure you can fill in the many gaps I've left. These stats by no means reflect the career advances made by Peyton, as he continues to climb the All Time list. Then again, Peyton Manning accomplishments are a thread of their own.....
    All impressive, but the one in bold caught my eye yesterday as well. Was gonna post it but couldn't find the source.
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosDivision View Post
      All impressive, but the one in bold caught my eye yesterday as well. Was gonna post it but couldn't find the source.
      I feel better knowing two of us are "hearing things"!!!

I'm sure Someone will help us verify it.

Comment

Doom and Elvis set franchise record for most by 2 Denver teammates @ 29.5.
        Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
          Doom and Elvis set franchise record for most by 2 Denver teammates @ 29.5.
          Think you meant Von in there, but thanks for the stat! I believe Von broke The Broncos' record with 18.5.

Comment

- Most 2nd Half Scoring in History (sorry, don't have the details yet, but heard it yesterday

We averaged 18.7 points scored in the second half over the season. That is the most any team has ever avgd:thumb:
            My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

We also outscored oppennents by 144 in 2nd half which is 2nd best since merger in 1970

Comment

35 points scored in second half...Most comeback points scored in Monday Night Football History (Broncos vs. Chargers game)
                Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

I would like to take this time to personally thank the chargers for helping us pad the 2nd half stats, Its nice to play them

Comment

Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
                    - Most 2nd Half Scoring in History (sorry, don't have the details yet, but heard it yesterday

We averaged 18.7 points scored in the second half over the season. That is the most any team has ever avgd:thumb:
                    Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
                    We also outscored oppennents by 144 in 2nd half which is 2nd best since merger in 1970
                    Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                    35 points scored in second half...Most comeback points scored in Monday Night Football History (Broncos vs. Chargers game)
                    Thx for all the stats!!!

~~~~~~

That San Diego game might end up as one of the most pivotal games in Broncos' history......

Comment

During the win streak our D only allowed 77.9 rushing yards per game and just once allowed an opponent to go over 100 yards!

Comment

One more....

Only one team has won more consecutive games, all by 7 or more points......we had 11 (as did the '42 Bears), while guess who, Peyton led the '05 Colts to 13 straight!!!

Comment

The 13 victories have made John Fox a 100 game winner as a Head Coach. I know this was meant to be a single season thread, but had to get the coach in there somewhere.:thumb:

Then again, so far this is his best regular season, and lets hope he also beats his best playoff run as well, with a SB victory!
                          Last edited by CanDB; 01-01-2013, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosDivision View Post
                            Here you are, sir.
                            Last edited by peterk; 01-01-2013, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Allot of great stats!

The two that made me the most happy

7-1 at home (hopefully end season 9-1!!)
                              52 sacks by 12 different players. We have our the elite pair of VonDoom plus Wolfe is getting there but we can bring allot of players who can finish the job!
                              Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Working...
                              X