Why I Believe The Broncos Will Win The SB This Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why I Believe The Broncos Will Win The SB This Year

I will try to be as objective as possible, because it's easy to make such predictions all wrapped up in emotion and subjectivity. To be honest, I don't like making such predictions, for fear I will anger the "odds gods".....but what the heck, I'm feelin it. And if we don't, that's life. And the great news, no matter what happens, we will be contenders next season as well.

Anyway, here's my rationale:

1) Many of us knew that if we landed Peyton Manning, we'd be a solid team again. And this without even seeing him throw a pass, after his serious injury. Which leads us to...
    2) Many of us knew with more assuredness that if Peyton was quite healthy and regaining most of his old form, we'd be a serious contender, having just come off a playoff year behind a passionate but green QB, who lacked the gift of the pass game. If you can go 8 and 8 and win a playoff game with him, we have to be able to win at least 10 games with a legend.
    3) Many of us also knew that it would take time for Peyton to get comfortable here, and as well, for the rest of the team to get comfortable with him. Without doubt, that would be an early season issue....and it was, though we were never really out of a game this season, until near end. And based on the comebacks we were witnessing, even in losses, it was clear how good this team could be when firing on all cylinders.
    4) Many of us also knew that JDR was going to make an impact on a D that showed some real positive signs in the previous year. But again, some time was needed. Systems and player assessments and roster management take time.
    5) And it some point, most of us could see a team coming together, and growing each week. In fact, we have become the best and most balanced team in the league by most experts' accounts. Second in O and D, and solid in STs!!!
    6) It doesn't matter who you beat if you win 11 in a row to close a season, but winning each game by at least 7 points shows consistent dominance, and in the process while beating 2 other playoff teams. None of those games were barn burners in the end.
    7) Players are emerging, which tells me we still haven't reached our plateau. DT and Deck never looked better. Miller is crazy good. Harris keeps making plays. Our Oline was rated 2nd in the league by one NFL measurement, and with Kuper will be hard to beat. We have a decent set of backs, and might get McGahee into the lineup by the AFC Final. Wolfe and Vick are giving us some up the middle strength. Woody is making a case for Pro Bowl next year. Moore is giving evidence at to why he was the best Safety in his class. Champ is still Champ. And Manning keeps on leading. I can go on with this item...
    8) Home field til the SB!
    9) No matter who we play, we will be ready and confident, knowing those first 5 games were just practice for the rest of the season. It might be The Pats in the final with us, but whatever, they caught us in the growing stage. No team has played better over the last 11 weeks! And they not only lost a messy game recently, but nearly lost the week after against a dismal Jax squad.
    10) This is not factual whatsoever, but there's a good feeling going on here, when all the right things come together for a team. We are beginning to really gel, we have the best balance in football, we have been fortunate with injuries, we have the smartest guy in the room running our O (wearing 18), we have a really top calibre coaching staff, and we have confidence that comes when you keep winning and keep getting better.

I have a few more, but I will stop. I believe this is a team of destiny.......and hey, if we don't win it all, it's not for lack of opportunity. There are breaks that can change the plan. But right now, I believe we lead the pack.

The Broncos are as balanced as any team in the playoffs.

Of course, any given Sunday, etc, etc, etc, but I really like our chances. JRD and PFM have really delivered on expectations.

Comment

We shall win because of my u relenting feelings toward Manning, lol! It's actually funny. He will just keep haunting me. I said something like 7 years ago about "don't stop believeing" to my wife and that song has haunted me since. Literally! So I know Manning will continue to haunt me and if it leads to a trophy..........it's all good!
      #swapping

Comment

I believe because I have waited since 98 for my Wildcats to win another NCAA title and they won it this past season in New Orleans. I have also waited since 98 for my Broncos to win it all, and the Super Bowl will be in New Orleans!! Oh Snap!!
        KENTUCKY WILDCATS/DENVER BRONCOS

Comment

Three reasons:

Offense = run the ball;

Defense = stop the run;

Special Teams = optimum FP
          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

I think we will win the Super Bowl because well we haven't loss since my daughter has been born so I don't see us losing ever again...

Adopted Broncos:
            (2011-2013) Eric Decker
            (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
            (2019-Current) Drew Lock
            Adopted posters:
            Everyone

Comment

Can you are wordy......... I think they are going to win cause.......Peyton Manning. It is that simple. We have him and no one else has the answer
              Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

I'm sorry but I just can't see anybody beating New England.. Two GOATs at HC and QB, two best TEs in football, Great running game, 5 appearances, 3 Championship Trophies, and a Belicheck pedigree defense now that can defend against anybody..

Comment

Originally posted by Technique View Post
                  I'm sorry but I just can't see anybody beating New England.. Two GOATs at HC and QB, two best TEs in football, Great running game, 5 appearances, 3 Championship Trophies, and a Belicheck pedigree defense now that can defend against anybody..
                  Except you know the 49ers and their 2nd year QB in the Patriots house....

Adopted Broncos:
                  (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                  (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                  (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                  Adopted posters:
                  Everyone

Comment

I sense a Patsie fan........
                    #swapping

Comment

Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
                      Except you know the 49ers and their 2nd year QB in the Patriots house....
                      LOL ( do we really need this 10 characters limit )

Comment

Oh shut up already
                        KENTUCKY WILDCATS/DENVER BRONCOS

Comment

Originally posted by flosstein View Post
                          Just stating the facts that's all..

Comment

Originally posted by IhateURface View Post
                            Oh shut up already
                            It's true.. I don't understand now people jump on bandwagons and automatically forget who has been there, done that and had the most success..

Comment

Originally posted by flosstein View Post
                              Definitely a Pats fan. He thinks he needs to sign up for our boards to try and "prove" how great his team is, just because he is scared of the Denver Broncos.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X