Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's Give A Hand to the Colts...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Let's Give A Hand to the Colts...

    1. For John Elway
    2. For Peyton Manning
    3. For beating the Houston Texans

    Thank you Baltimore/Indy Colts....we want to thank you for all you have given us. 'preciate that':thumb:
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

  • #2
    Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    1. For John Elway
    2. For Peyton Manning
    3. For beating the Houston Texans

    Thank you Baltimore/Indy Colts....we want to thank you for all you have given us. 'preciate that':thumb:
    It's appreciated but let's make sure that doesn't come back to bite us in the rear in the playoffs first.
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      Agreed DenverBlood, let's not get too cocky. We still have games to play. Save posts like this until after the superbowl.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
        It's appreciated but let's make sure that doesn't come back to bite us in the rear in the playoffs first.
        She just thanked, she didn't say we are winning superbowl.

        Not sure, whats cocky in it and biting us in the rear.

        Ofcourse, your opinion is respected.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by ManningForLife View Post
          She just thanked, she didn't say we are winning superbowl.

          Not sure, whats cocky in it and biting us in the rear.

          Ofcourse, your opinion is respected.
          Well for one thing I didn't say cocky or anything about the Super Bowl. I think maybe you meant to quote Cham&Dreallday?

          For another I said you don't want thanking them to bite you in the rear as in if they go further in the playoffs than us.
          That would for this season anyway make Bill Polian correct in his decision to dump Manning for Luck.

          Now if the Colts lose this weekend then start thanking them all you want. I already have in the past anyway. I'm just saying be careful because he could still be right in his decision.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            We very well could face them again soon, they're back to being the enemy.

            Remember 2005, we all thanked the Steelers for beating the Colts and making our road to the Super Bowl as easy as pie... that ended up not working out so well.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
              It's appreciated but let's make sure that doesn't come back to bite us in the rear in the playoffs first.
              I was just thinking about all the uncanny connections between our two teams this morning. Nothing more, nothing less and was feeling grateful that we received such great players from them. And of course, without them beating Houston (and of course, us beating KC), we wouldn't be sitting in the #1 seed spot. That's all.
              Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                I was just thinking about all the uncanny connections between our two teams this morning. Nothing more, nothing less and was feeling grateful that we received such great players from them. And of course, without them beating Houston (and of course, us beating KC), we wouldn't be sitting in the #1 seed spot. That's all.
                I agree and that's why I said it's appreciated. Don't let that part pass you by. I wasn't attacking you.

                Just stating we need to be cautious.
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                  I agree and that's why I said it's appreciated. Don't let that part pass you by. I wasn't attacking you.

                  Just stating we need to be cautious.
                  I hear ya. It's all good
                  Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                    Well for one thing I didn't say cocky or anything about the Super Bowl. I think maybe you meant to quote Cham&Dreallday?

                    For another I said you don't want thanking them to bite you in the rear as in if they go further in the playoffs than us.
                    That would for this season anyway make Bill Polian correct in his decision to dump Manning for Luck.

                    Now if the Colts lose this weekend then start thanking them all you want. I already have in the past anyway. I'm just saying be careful because he could still be right in his decision.
                    It was Irsay, not Polian, who "dumped" Manning for Luck.

                    Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
                    We very well could face them again soon, they're back to being the enemy.

                    Remember 2005, we all thanked the Steelers for beating the Colts and making our road to the Super Bowl as easy as pie... that ended up not working out so well.
                    That's the reason the Broncos couldn't beat the Steelers... because their fans thanked them before the game.

                    Seriously, people. This whole, "let's not look ahead...bler bloo blee blah..." is ridiculous. Why do you get to tell people what they should or shouldn't think? It's not going to affect the game. It's not going to be egg on their face for reacting to an emotional high they feel after 11 straight weeks of success. Everybody's acting like the fans are playing the game; like there needs to be some fan acting as a coach that keeps the rest of us focused. IT DOESN'T MATTER what the fan's focus is right now.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                      I agree and that's why I said it's appreciated. Don't let that part pass you by. I wasn't attacking you.

                      Just stating we need to be cautious.
                      We as fans don't need to be anything....nothing we can do as a fan is really going to bite the team in the butt...just sayin....It's not like we are going to cause the team to get too cocky and think they can do anything fans attitudes about it don't factor into the players attitudes.
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                        We as fans don't need to be anything....nothing we can do as a fan is really going to bite the team in the butt...just sayin....It's not like we are going to cause the team to get too cocky and think they can do anything fans attitudes about it don't factor into the players attitudes.
                        I echo this. Thank you for putting in a way less long-winded than my own post.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Doogansquest View Post
                          I echo this. Thank you for putting in a way less long-winded than my own post.
                          Yea the whole "we shouldn't get ahead of ourselves and get too cocky" thing just annoys me....I can think about whatever I feel like and look ahead to the next game and it will have zero effect on the outcome because I sadly don't lace up my shoes and run out on the field on sundays with the team. Nothing I say or do is going to change how the team plays and it is silly to get on anyone's case because they are "thinking too far ahead" IT DOESN"T MATTER! We are fans our thoughts and opinions don't effect the outcome of anything.

                          The team probably shouldn't be looking ahead overlooking their current opponent but we as fans are free to do so with no harm comming of it.
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                            We as fans don't need to be anything....nothing we can do as a fan is really going to bite the team in the butt...just sayin....It's not like we are going to cause the team to get too cocky and think they can do anything fans attitudes about it don't factor into the players attitudes.
                            Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                            Yea the whole "we shouldn't get ahead of ourselves and get too cocky" thing just annoys me....I can think about whatever I feel like and look ahead to the next game and it will have zero effect on the outcome because I sadly don't lace up my shoes and run out on the field on sundays with the team. Nothing I say or do is going to change how the team plays and it is silly to get on anyone's case because they are "thinking too far ahead" IT DOESN"T MATTER! We are fans our thoughts and opinions don't effect the outcome of anything.

                            The team probably shouldn't be looking ahead overlooking their current opponent but we as fans are free to do so with no harm comming of it.
                            Getting on my case after I stated to the OP that I wasn't getting on his case is ridiculous. I clearly stated how I agreed with the appreciation.

                            I'm also sick and tired of hearing people bring up how fans don't have to be cautious because we have no impact on the team or the game. Show me where in any of my posts I implied that the fans reactions or thoughts would impact the game on the field? You know me better than that Freyaka. I'm not a random dumb football fan.

                            I never once said he shouldn't even be thankful for all those things. I also even stated how I have been thankful for it long before this point in the season.

                            All I'm saying is that when you look too far ahead you give the opponent fan base material to use back on you if it doesn't go your way. If you don't care that's fine. I've already heard people say and I agree that if we lose at this point it will hurt wether you provide trash talk material or not. I just prefer to not provide it.

                            I also don't care to look that far into the future and look past anyone. Do I think we have a great shot to go and win the Super bowl? Yes. But I'm not talking like it's a done deal. But I'm fully aware that wether I want to look ahead past the divisional round or not has no impact on what will happen.

                            Even if I did think it had an impact (which would be crazy right?) I'm not in here telling anyone they can't be confident or even thankful.

                            I'm merely stating that I hope in the end we are right and not them.
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Nothing we say or do affects what the Broncos do on the field, but the way some of us talk makes us appear arrogant or obnoxious. Whether you care about that is on you, but some teams get bad wraps, because a lot of their fans are overly confident/arrogant and it pisses people off. Again, whether you care is on you, but from what I hear from a lot of people and from going to different stadiums, teams always say how classy Broncos fans are and even though they want to beat us, they don't heckle or bother Broncos fans. I live in Maryland and Ravens fans hate Patriot fans because how obnoxious they are. It's to the point, where I've seen some their fans need security escorts.

                              In the words of the Great Ron Burgundy: "Stay Classy"!!!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X