Altitude+Cold= BRONCOS WIN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Altitude+Cold= BRONCOS WIN

The element of cold weather added to the dreaded altitude is something that no one ever talks about. It doesn’t matter how fit an athlete is, unless he/she is acclimated to this horrible burn when physically active at altitude and in the COLD; they will certainly be taken by surprise. I think this is extremely important due to the fact that the Broncos have been practicing in the cold for weeks and Baltimore will surely be hitting the proverbial wall sooner rather than later in this game. The mixture of the elements will take away some of the explosiveness away from the Ravens coveted run game as well as their revamped defense. I see a hard fought, low scoring, and defensive game in the trenches... Broncos 17-10.

4th Quarter, baby!
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

The ravens allowed 400+ yards to the colts. I see us eclipsing the 400 yard mark as well so hopefully that translates into a few more than 17 points.

Also, the Ravens are probably acclimated to the cold.. so they will be prepared for that. I think its the combination of the two (altitude and cold) that will prove detrimental to them. Mix in the crowd noise...

Comment

The Ravens are used to cold weather, but the altitude is where we will have an edge.

Comment

I guess my point is go take run in Baltimore in the cold and compare that to the way your lungs feel after running anywhere in Colorado in the cold, dry air.

Comment

Originally posted by DFence View Post
            I guess my point is go take run in Baltimore in the cold and compare that to the way your lungs feel after running anywhere in Colorado in the cold, dry air.
            Well, this is why the Olympics committee is centered here.

Comment

Better defensive to offensive match-ups = Broncos win. No smoke and mirrors or elements necessary. Too much firepower on both sides of the ball playing great football, at the right time. I foresee this game being over early and expect to see extended Brock action in the 4th. I think trying to catch-up with our 35 first half points will exhaust them. Look for Broncos big 45-14 with back-up coaches calling the plays in the 4th.
              #swapping

Comment

We can't put in Brock man, thats over kill, Ravens are scare of Backup QBs, didn't you see the Steelers game?

Comment

Originally posted by flosstein View Post
                  Better defensive to offensive match-ups = Broncos win. No smoke and mirrors or elements necessary. Too much firepower on both sides of the ball playing great football, at the right time. I foresee this game being over early and expect to see extended Brock action in the 4th. I think trying to catch-up with our 35 first half points will exhaust them. Look for Broncos big 45-14 with back-up coaches calling the plays in the 4th.

I agree. We are a better team. The thread title should be "Offense + Defense = Broncos Win"

Comment

Hey guys, I come in peace.

I think you guys win this game, since the Ravens are way healthier than the last time it will be closer. I'm thinking 24 -17 or so.

The reason I posted on this thread is because the cold air actually makes it easier for the Ravens to play.

Here is some good info. (FYI, this is the best Ravens forum to lurk or talk to the opposing fans on.)
                    http://russellstreetreport.com/forum...271#post553271

Comment

Originally posted by ravenfan4life View Post

I think you guys win this game, since the Ravens are way healthier than the last time it will be closer. I'm thinking 24 -17 or so.

The reason I posted on this thread is because the cold air actually makes it easier for the Ravens to play.

Here is some good info. (FYI, this is the best Ravens forum to lurk or talk to the opposing fans on.)
                      I don't think it has much to do with just the cold, but a lot of people that aren't used to Denver altitude find it difficult to breathe when it is extremely cold out at a mile high. The Ravens are prepared for cold, the altitude and getting run down by the no huddle in those conditions could definitely tire them out

Comment

Actually, people talk about the altitude all the time lol
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by COBronc78 View Post
                          I don't think it has much to do with just the cold, but a lot of people that aren't used to Denver altitude find it difficult to breathe when it is extremely cold out at a mile high. The Ravens are prepared for cold, the altitude and getting run down by the no huddle in those conditions could definitely tire them out
                          Well as the thread I posted pointed out, the cold air actually makes it easier to breath.

You guys will be adjusted to the elevation (obviously) but the combination of cold and elevation actually minimizes that advantage.

Comment

Well as the thread I posted pointed out, the cold air actually makes it easier to breath.

You guys will be adjusted to the elevation (obviously) but the combination of cold and elevation actually minimizes that advantage.
                            http://www.chacha.com/question/why-i...r-than-hot-air
                            http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/HealthyLiv...2#.UO27eKUmQi8
                            http://www.powerbar.com/articles/348...altitudes.aspx

It's not unusual for cold air to cause spasms in the lung airways, making it harder to breathe. But for some people, cold air can trigger an asthma attack, which may be how the asthma is detected for the very first time.
                            If you're not a regular mountain dweller, one of the first things you'll notice as you make your altitude ascent is that you get winded faster. That's because the air is thinner at higher altitudes, meaning there's less oxygen available in each breath you take. As if altitude weren't enough of a hardship, cold exacts its own personal metabolic toll. Shivering boosts the burning of your limited stores of glucose and glycogen by up to sixfold! So if you're already running low on carbs, shivering is like siphoning off the last drops from the fuel tank.
                            Last edited by COBronc78; 01-09-2013, 10:52 AM.

Comment

Good post man, thanks for stopping in! I agree that it will be a closer game and I am more nervous about it now than I was the last time but I do think we will still win. The Colts could have beat you last week if it wasn't for the fact that they were a very inexperienced team, they put up an awful lot of yards but didn't do anything productive with them. We know how to score and I think that will be what matters.

Good luck and here's to what will hopefully be an exciting game (and Broncos win!)
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X