Let's Not Get Cocky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's Not Get Cocky

Been seeing a lot of alarming things from Broncos fans this week. I understand we are confident and I'm glad we are. But this is gonna be no walk in the park. I know we just waxed them a few weeks ago but this team is healthier and are coming off an emotional playoff victory last week.

This is a playoff game, no gimmes.

Go Broncos!
    sigpic

I think it'll be ok, seeing as anything I do or say in Cincinnati, Ohio will have no effect on how the team plays
    sigpicthanks Freyaka

Comment

I tend to think we'll win by 17+

We completely outmatch Baltimore. Better D, Better Offense.

Comment

The internet is anonymous, we can be as obnoxiousness as we want about the Ravens with no consequences!! Yay!!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos724 View Post
          I think it'll be ok, seeing as anything I do or say in Cincinnati, Ohio will have no effect on how the team plays
          Yea, screw the Ratbirds, we win by 40+ points. Luckily, Im not playing hence my over confident cockiness has no bearing on the game.

Comment

Most of the over confidence in my opinion has stemmed from the influx of delusional Raven fans on our site this week. I think all of us know that anything can happen during the playoffs but I still sit here with confidence that we will come about with the win this week.
            sigpic

Defense wins championships

Comment

Originally posted by The Experience View Post
              Been seeing a lot of alarming things from Broncos fans this week. I understand we are confident and I'm glad we are. But this is gonna be no walk in the park. I know we just waxed them a few weeks ago but this team is healthier and are coming off an emotional playoff victory last week.

Go Broncos!

I'll be one to agree with you. Not that I dont love the confidence and swagger our team has given us; but I agree now is not the time to fluff our sails. We have wanted this for a long time and have went through so much let down. Its a different story when your team has had a terrible roster for years.. our roster has always been full of promises that never got fulfilled. From Griese to now..

I understand this is a desired feeling and it feels good. But imagine how this teams fan base is going to look if we were to lose.. I'll always support our team. And having a classy fanbase is almost as good as a bluechip player.

Comment

I've said it once and I'll say it again: Who cares what we say? Me sitting here in California thinking that we'll win has no bearing on anything that goes down in Denver.

Now if *we* were the ones out there on the field, it might be an issue. LOL
                OFFICIAL Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon to SB XLVII Member #1888

Comment

Some fans are perhaps cocky and really confident (whether that's "over-confident" is an opinion with subjective standards) while others are not, and none of it matters any more than the opinions of the analysts. None of this talk will have any genuine bearing on the game. Nada!

The only thing that matters is the attitude of the coaches and players and from what I've seen of their practice this week and last, and their statements to the press, they are all really focused, they commend Baltimore players and none of them are taking this lightly nor expecting an easy game.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by LynchMobster View Post
                    Some fans are perhaps cocky and really confident (whether that's "over-confident" is an opinion with subjective standards) while others are not, and none of it matters any more than the opinions of the analysts. None of this talk will have any genuine bearing on the game. Nada!

The only thing that matters is the attitude of the coaches and players and from what I've seen of their practice this week and last, and their statements to the press, they are all really focused, they commend Baltimore players and none of them are taking this lightly nor expecting an easy game.
                    Exactly, as long as the coaches and players aren't over confident we as fans have every right to be optimistic about everything that is happening right now especially after what we have been put through as fans for the past few years.

Comment

i'm nervous as hell. but i do think that we'll pull it out :thumb:

Comment

Don't even bother replying to the trolls. It just encourages them.

I have a much quicker way to dispense of them anyway.

as far as being on topic... I can't afford to not be cocky my brother is a baltimore fan... the smack talk has hit an all time high

Comment

Originally posted by Remedy View Post
                          Don't even bother replying to the trolls. It just encourages them.

I have a much quicker way to dispense of them anyway.

as far as being on topic... I can't afford to not be cocky my brother is a baltimore fan... the smack talk has hit an all time high
                          WHAT?! so you have blood of the bad side in you?
                          How disappointing
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VenomousDB View Post
                            WHAT?! so you have blood of the bad side in you?
                            How disappointing
                            I just think he was dropped on his head as a child.. knocked something loose... it's the only explanation really...

or he was adopted...

Comment

Originally posted by The Experience View Post

Go Broncos!
                              I don't think the fans are being cocky, just confident in how well the team is playing. Besides, nothing we do as fans is going to impact how the game is played or the eventual outcome; the players decide that. I for one am enjoying the season. Never thought we would be here even after we signed Manning.

Comment

Working...
                              X