My Favorite Topic - Running Backs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Favorite Topic - Running Backs

Okay, Now that we have witnessed our season come and go what direction do you think the Broncos will go with our running back situation?

I think McGahee will get another year as well as Hillman. They will let Gronk go in lieu of Hester at fullback/h-back. Heck the new OC may decide that we do not need a fullback.

I had high hopes that Moreno would step up and play well and he did but when we needed him most he gets hurt again. For me this is all I need to see. He has not been able to finish one season from start to finish in 4 years. This guy is made of glass and we will need to decide if we want to take up a roster spot with someone that is so injury prone.

We have several other backs on the team currently that we should either cut ties with and draft someone in the middle rounds or maybe pick up a free agent.

What are your thoughts?
    sigpic
    Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
    2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
    2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

its obvious we need a work horse back that can do everything im sick of seeing our RBs get injured '
    Mcgahee may get one more year hillman is a good change of pace back

hester and moreno may be the odd men out

Comment

I would love for mcgahee to stay and have a reduced roll with a salary cut. this team needs a smash mouth running back to carry the load. remember how much td helped jon.

as for the rest

Moreno imo is done and hillman gets a pass only becausee he's a rookie. ball is a ?

Comment

It only makes sense to get a true FB if I formations are used often. PM prefers one back formations which makes Bunch and other three/four WR groupings possible.
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

I wouldn't mind seeing some formations where we have a TE in the backfield. Maybe Green lined up in the back field to either help block for Manning or even flair out in to a passing route. Similar to what NE does with Hernadez.
          sigpic

Comment

Get a stud running back with BREAK AWAY speed.

Such a running back will make the nickel and dime coverages that Manning sees EVERY year in the playoffs-pay dearly.This is the key to getting Manning over the hump in the playoffs.

Comment

Stephen Jackson .... come on down
              sigpic
              -------

Comment

I would love to have Steven Jackson on our team. That would be a huge upgrade to our backfield.
                sigpic

Comment

We all know Fox loves his runningbacks and I wouldnt be suprised if he goes runningback with one of our early picks.Id love to see lattimore come here . Hed be a perfect back for Denver. Or I like Andre Ellington from Clemson. That guys a baller. He can break any run to the house and has very very good vision. When it all comes down to it im pretty sure we will have another back in here next season. I have a feeling moreno will be gone

Comment

Originally posted by Montoya View Post
                    We all know Fox loves his runningbacks and I wouldnt be suprised if he goes runningback with one of our early picks.Id love to see lattimore come here . Hed be a perfect back for Denver. Or I like Andre Ellington from Clemson. That guys a baller. He can break any run to the house and has very very good vision. When it all comes down to it im pretty sure we will have another back in here next season. I have a feeling moreno will be gone
                    lattimore probably wont play this year unless he has an epic AP like comeback, my vols wrecked that knee and hes had another knee injury before. i dont touch him with a 10 ft pole personally
                    sigpic
                    -------

Comment

I think Ball might be cut, but I think we are keeping KM and WM, because the Ravens game prove to me how important running backs that can block are. We will keep Hillman, but he is in hot water.

Originally posted by one_bad_55 View Post
                      I would love to have Steven Jackson on our team. That would be a huge upgrade to our backfield.
                      That and we should go for Wes W if new England lets him go, or if the rumors are correct and Larry F can get out of his contract (don't get me wrong I like Decker but imagine how our offense will look like with DT on one side and Larry on the other: Very scary)
                      Last edited by Chronoless; 01-15-2013, 12:10 PM.

Comment

McGahee and Moreno both fit the system well.

The FO has to decide if they are comfortable they both can stay healthy. We saw what happened without either one of them available. I would be extremely uncomfortable with Hillman as the #2 back.
                        sigpic
                        Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Moreno is a lock to make the team next year. He is the best pass blocker of them all and is in the lowest year of salary on his contract (We already paid all his guaranteed money). His running vastly improved in the last half of the year.

Get used to seeing #27 next year.

Comment

I like Knowshon and Willis, although it's clear that most teams probably have better RBs. Really just hoping we can get a better back than Lance Ball as one of the deep backups on the team.

Comment

Originally posted by Chronoless View Post
                              I think Ball might be cut, but I think we are keeping KM and WM, because the Ravens game prove to me how important running backs that can block are. We will keep Hillman, but he is in hot water.

That and we should go for Wes W if new England lets him go, or if the rumors are correct and Larry F can get out of his contract (don't get me wrong I like Decker but imagine how our offense will look like with DT on one side and Larry on the other: Very scary)
                              Where are you hearing these rumors about Larry Fitz getting out of his contract?

Comment

Working...
                              X