Pat Bowlen (Denver owner) on Manning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pat Bowlen (Denver owner) on Manning

The Broncos are now in position to pick up a two-year, $40 million "option" on Manning's contract, which is expected to be a mere formality.

"I don't think he's going anywhere," Bowlen said. "I got more than I expected. He's the real deal."

So, the owner is on board apparently. Looks like the option will be picked up, unless Manning opts to retire soon.
    Should the Broncos release Manning, or stay the course?

What say you ladies and gents?

Go for it!
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by TheArtofManning View Post
      The Broncos are now in position to pick up a two-year, $40 million "option" on Manning's contract, which is expected to be a mere formality.

"I don't think he's going anywhere," Bowlen said. "I got more than I expected. He's the real deal."

So, the owner is on board apparently. Looks like the option will be picked up, unless Manning opts to retire soon.
      Should the Broncos release Manning, or stay the course?

What say you ladies and gents?
      The way Manning's 5 year contract works, the next pick up will lock him in for only the next 2 years. By that time he will be 38 and maybe a decision could be made on the development of Brock. Honestly Manning is worth it and no matter what his critics say, he is 1-1 in Superbowls. There are no other QBs like that available.

Some of the game fell on him, but a lot of it also fell on the defense.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Luckyshot View Post
        The way Manning's 5 year contract works, the next pick up will lock him in for only the next 2 years. By that time he will be 38 and maybe a decision could be made on the development of Brock. Honestly Manning is worth it and no matter what his critics say, he is 1-1 in Superbowls. There are no other QBs like that available.

Some of the game fell on him, but a lot of it also fell on the defense.
        If everything goes as planned and we win back to back SBs I think he'd retire.

Comment

Is there a question here? Of course you pick him up, he played great all year and is just now starting to hit his stride with the other players on the team.
          sigpic
          Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
          2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
          2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Comment

Of course you resign him...he is PFM.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
              Go for it!
              This ^
              Go Broncos

Comment

Lol according to some on here he should be released.

Of course he's gonna be back with a bang .

Comment

Peyton is still one of the top 3 most talented QBs playing in the NFL. No way you let him go--who could possibly be an upgrade over him at this point? Brock clearly still isn't ready to take over a team and there is nobody we could draft or get in FA that would even hold a candle to Peyton Freakin' Manning. With Manning, this team is a definite Super Bowl contender in 2013. Without Manning, no way.

Comment

Why even bother asking this question? Seriously.

Comment

It's PFM! You ride it til the wheels fall off!

Comment

You all realise of course, that I started this thread so people could sort of stake out a definitive position. It's kind of a "rally the troops" thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Preetv View Post
                          Lol according to some on here he should be released.
                          Few and far between.

What he accomplished this year was great. Just think what another offseason with rehabing and spending time with the O will do. I have high hopes for this offense next season!

And if we released him I would be pissed......the same if he retired.
                          sigpic
                          2012 Broncos Country Pick 'Em Challenge Champion

Comment

He comes back and rides into the sunset as John Elway did
                            Don't give up... Don't ever give up

Comment

Um, yeah!!!! Of course you bring him back.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X