X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As someone who is 5' 5", I'm always rooting for the underdog

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
      This speaks volumes for the performance of the Punt Return Team and Kickoff Return Team.
      It really does. We have longed for a devastating returner in Denver and no thought is ever put into the guys that make the holes for him. Holliday is the perfect man for the job of taking advantage of the excellent job they do. As the lanes are really only open a fraction of a second, having a guy that can spot and attack that almost instantly is an invaluable combo.

Personally, I think Holliday has the potential to be one of the best F/A acquisitions in franchise history. If he can maintain that level of production, he could possibly be one of (if not the) best KR/PR in League history. And trust as long as he's great at that, we will not Devin Hester him and try to make him something he's not. I'm okay with involving him sporadically in the offense, but give me 8 return TD's a year and he never has to take an offensive snap IMHO. That's what still has me ticked off about that game. I heard if a team gives up a return TD their chances of winning drop to below 10% and if the give up 2 it falls to something like below .4%!!!!! Insane, just insane.

All that makes me wonder if he's too good. How many times since we acquired him have we seen Manning get ready to get up and go, only for Holliday to take it to the house. Happened twice on Saturday, once coming out of the 2nd half after a Baltimore scoring drive and us taking a knee to end the half. How does that affect the rhythm of the offense? Common thought is always take points wherever you can get them, but what if it negatively impacts the timing of an uptempo offense?
      #swapping

Comment

Originally posted by duffman1260 View Post
        As someone who is 5' 5", I'm always rooting for the underdog
        As someone who is 5'3", I'm right there with u!!
        #swapping

Comment

He was a difference maker when we needed a TD or a big return - an absolute great find, and a need for a championship team.

Comment

Originally posted by flosstein View Post
            It really does. We have longed for a devastating returner in Denver and no thought is ever put into the guys that make the holes for him. Holliday is the perfect man for the job of taking advantage of the excellent job they do. As the lanes are really only open a fraction of a second, having a guy that can spot and attack that almost instantly is an invaluable combo.

Personally, I think Holliday has the potential to be one of the best F/A acquisitions in franchise history. If he can maintain that level of production, he could possibly be one of (if not the) best KR/PR in League history. And trust as long as he's great at that, we will not Devin Hester him and try to make him something he's not. I'm okay with involving him sporadically in the offense, but give me 8 return TD's a year and he never has to take an offensive snap IMHO. That's what still has me ticked off about that game. I heard if a team gives up a return TD their chances of winning drop to below 10% and if the give up 2 it falls to something like below .4%!!!!! Insane, just insane.

All that makes me wonder if he's too good. How many times since we acquired him have we seen Manning get ready to get up and go, only for Holliday to take it to the house. Happened twice on Saturday, once coming out of the 2nd half after a Baltimore scoring drive and us taking a knee to end the half. How does that affect the rhythm of the offense? Common thought is always take points wherever you can get them, but what if it negatively impacts the timing of an uptempo offense?
            i was thinking the same thing about holliday, dont get me wrong ill take the TDs every sunday

i think it hurt against balt because our defense would go right back onto the field after being torched it also didnt allow manning to run 7+ minutes off the clocks
            sigpic
            -------

Comment

It's about time we had our own Devin Hester/Dante Hall type of threat on ST! I can't wait to see how many he brings to the house next season!

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

I was praying that he had a shot at returning the kickoff right after the last minute "Hail Mary". I figured he could maybe get us to the 30 or even further, and if so, we got a serious shot. Unfortunately it wasn't going to happen.

This guy's gotta stay! Best Broncos returner in many, many years.

Comment

Originally posted by LynchMobster View Post
                  It's about time we had our own Devin Hester/Dante Hall type of threat on ST! I can't wait to see how many he brings to the house next season!
                  Same here sir!

Comment

Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
                    i was thinking the same thing about holliday, dont get me wrong ill take the TDs every sunday

i think it hurt against balt because our defense would go right back onto the field after being torched it also didnt allow manning to run 7+ minutes off the clocks
                    I'm gonna call NFL XM and ask Gannon or Miller their thoughts on it. Not as an excuse, but I'm really curious about if it can be a negative factor sometimes. I think Balt kept punching us in the mouth by going shot for shot with us and the slow methodical-ness of our offense couldn't get into a good slow clock killing rhythm. And giving our defense a much needed rest/recover/re-group.

Funny, never thought a guy being "too good" could have a somewhat negative impact!
                    #swapping

Comment

Originally posted by flosstein View Post
                      I'm gonna call NFL XM and ask Gannon or Miller their thoughts on it. Not as an excuse, but I'm really curious about if it can be a negative factor sometimes. I think Balt kept punching us in the mouth by going shot for shot with us and the slow methodical-ness of our offense couldn't get into a good slow clock killing rhythm. And giving our defense a much needed rest/recover/re-group.

Funny, never thought a guy being "too good" could have a somewhat negative impact!
                      This is silly, we have no idea if Peyton even gives us 7...you always, ALWAYS take 7 no matter how freakin fast

Especially returns for touchdowns...those are always great things...

Peyton was not having a good game and Kupe was killing any chance to run or throw downfield ...you guys are looking at it wrong, without Holliday, BAL maybe wins more handedly

They will laugh if you bring this up on any radio show...Holliday gave us a huge boost...the rest of the team just sucked, along with Fox n the refs

Comment

Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
                        This is silly, we have no idea if Peyton even gives us 7...you always, ALWAYS take 7 no matter how freakin fast

Especially returns for touchdowns...those are always great things...

Peyton was not having a good game and Kupe was killing any chance to run or throw downfield ...you guys are looking at it wrong, without Holliday, BAL maybe wins more handedly

They will laugh if you bring this up on any radio show...Holliday gave us a huge boost...the rest of the team just sucked, along with Fox n the refs
                        It's not about not taking the 7, look above. The 7 is always a good thing, I'm not disputing that. And you can't say without Holliday Balt wins easily. How do u know Manning doesn't still get the 14 pts and runs 15mins of clock doing it? That's why I'm not disputing or arguing the "What If's".

I'm just curious about how different things play into the rhythm the QB is in. Look how long Manning was off the field from their last drive in Q2 until their 1st drive in Q3. That was like a 35min time span. That can kill offensive momentum, especially in a game where you need to wear down an aggressive front 7.
                        #swapping

Comment

Point is...essentially

If you wanna talk what ifs...there's a mountain of them you can go through before considering this one

What if we didn't get the worst possible officiating crew

What if Champ didn't have the worst game of his career

What if Fox had a pair

What if Moore just played the ball better

What if Justin Tucker, their kicker didn't get a freakin practice FG on the field

What if we kept Ramirez in over Kupe (knew we should've)

What if our defense actually practiced doing what I said, catching rainbows from Oz all week before the game so they'd be ready for Flacco

Now, what if Holliday didn't score on the first possession of each half, but instead Peyton (who was rough all game and got no help from the oline or refs) instead got those points, and took time off the clock

I understand what you're saying, I do... but just think about it n think about what I'm saying

Comment

Point is...essentially

If you wanna talk what ifs...there's a mountain of them you can go through before considering this one

What if Fox had a pair

What if Justin Tucker, their kicker didn't get a freakin practice FG on the field

What if our defense actually practiced doing what I said, catching rainbows from Oz all week before the game so they'd be ready for Flacco

Now, what if Holliday didn't score on the first possession of each half, but instead Peyton (who was rough all game and got no help from the oline or refs) instead got those points, and took time off the clock

I understand what you're saying, I do... but just think about it n think about what I'm saying
                            Which is why I'm not stating "What if's". What I'm wondering was an actual fact of the game. How much of Manning's rhythm affected by that long stretch between Q2 and Q3? How much was affected by not getting into the game until almost mid way through the 1st? Those are real questions based upon real situations that happened. "What if's" are too hypothetical and they are about making an excuse. I'm not trying to look for an excuse as to why we lost. There are numerous moments in that game where it was either won or lost, same as every game. All it takes is one play to change the outcome.

I'm just curious how a QB's rhythm could be affected by those 2 events, primarily coming into the 2nd half.

So I do understand what u are saying and I totally agree, but u are misinterpreting what I am saying. Which is why I keep saying to you I'm not disputing or discussing the "what if's" of the game.
                            #swapping

Comment

Point is...essentially

What if Fox had a pair

your not even really talking about the same thing, its just a hypothetical "does this affect a QBs rhythm"

we dont know thats why he wanted to ask someone who has been there
                              sigpic
                              -------

Comment

Working...
                              X