Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just like 97, new uni's win SB next year!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am guessing that next year he or Trev..... will fill that void. I am guessing Mays and brooking are gone and there will be a little youth movement at that position. DJ is expensive too so I am guessing a restructure or out the door for him.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by crash123go View Post
      The coaches see him every day on the field and in the film room, obviously he's not that good yet or else he would be on the field
      i agree if he was good enough he'd a been there already...bcz its a position we have needed since al wilson...

Comment

The coaches see him every day on the field and in the film room, obviously he's not that good yet or else he would be on the field
        That may be true. But you can't deny that every time they put him in he show's up with a big play...i just think if he was given extended playing time like Woody has been he could really be a breakout player for us. But that's just me!

Comment

MLB isn't a position that you just jump into. He probably has a problem with the mental part of it. I'm really high on Irving too but it takes time to learn. Hopefully watching brooking helped Irving in the long run. IMO I hope DJ starts at MLB. But Irving's close second.

Comment

I think everyone is hitting the nail on the head...he just isnt ready. The op claims that he was a projected 1st round pick...that is not true. He was projected in the range we took him. That tells me that the mental game isnt there, the physical game is good as we saw on special teams. But I think that he suffers cause there was no one in the building to teach him to be the captain/leader than the MLB needs to be. I think that his time with Brooking might have given him what he needed to step to the forefront at the MLB position. I look for Brooking to be resigned at a vet min type deal and see if Irving can win the job.

Trev is the one that scares me......I don't see him as a MLB. I see him on the weak side. But that is where Woody (the biggest pro bowl snub in the league) has made his home, and made it well.......Scary to see how that works out after next season. Do you leave in you higher priced vet, or give the young stud a chance and trade the vet...
            Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

Winner winner chicken dinner..

MLB hasn't been a strong position for the Broncos, if the coaches thought he might've been able to help the team, he would've been in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarheel23 View Post
                MLB isn't a position that you just jump into. He probably has a problem with the mental part of it. I'm really high on Irving too but it takes time to learn. Hopefully watching brooking helped Irving in the long run. IMO I hope DJ starts at MLB. But Irving's close second.
                Tell that to bobby Wagner who was outstanding at MLB in a complex defense
                A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

Tell that to bobby Wagner who was outstanding at MLB in a complex defense
                  Pete Carroll is a dream coach for a young player because he'll stick with you when you make mistakes because he understands young players will make mistakes. John Fox does not want an inexperienced player at such a key position. Irving has the 2nd best physical skillset to play MLB out of all of our LBs, behind DJ Williams. Mentally it's a work in progress and he'll get there but Fox doesn't want to see mistakes on the field so he's not going to let him play until he gets the kinks worked out.

Comment

Oh really? Don't forget that we're talking about a coaching staff that thought Lance Ball and Ronnie Hillman were better than Moreno, at least until McGahee got injured. Sorry, but i've been saying for a while now that I don't think this staff puts its best players on the field.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JayJack View Post
                      Oh really? Don't forget that we're talking about a coaching staff that thought Lance Ball and Ronnie Hillman were better than Moreno, at least until McGahee got injured. Sorry, but i've been saying for a while now that I don't think this staff puts its best players on the field.
                      Technically Mr. Know-it-all, it's a different coaching staff. That decision would start with the LB coach and then progress to the opinion (sign off) of the Defensive coordinator (Del-Rio) and has absolutely nothing to do with the offensive coaches in your example.

Besides, we all know that no one is perfect, coaches included. But I'd be happy to wager they know a heck of a lot more about this situation than you do. I hear this all the time from people outside of a team, and believe me, it can be very frustrating.

Signed, a high school football coach

Concerning Irving, I think he shows a lot of physical skills when he is on the field. I do think he may be prone to over pursue or miss read his keys which one error like that can leave the entire middle of the field open to a big run. He also may be struggling at getting the defense lined up and on the same page as the play call. These were two things that Brooking did very well at. He was technically sound, read the right keys, plugged the right gap, and always had his teammates lined up around him. Is he elite? No, but he is a lot better than Mays / the average MLB. He was main reason the Broncos were as stout against the run as they were last year. Now, his coverage skills leave something to be desired, but if you can't stop the run first, then stopping the pass is irrelevant.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X