Will the Broncos resign Clady?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by broncolee View Post
    He said he doesn't want to move to safety just to move there. He said he would do it if it made sense. Maybe it's time to convince him that it makes sense.

If they can't make it make sense, then of course they have to leave him at corner.
    ya it doesnt make sense though. champ played well all season at CB, i do think its time to realize he is not in that uber elite time of his career where he can cover anybody mono e mono at times he will need that safety help or need to play different coverage than his signature "play off" style.

only reason i would want champ to move to safety is IF the coaches think (i have for a while) that he could have a bigger impact back there in terms of coverage and possible turnovers ... ive been saying for years that i would rather have an ed reed (hof safety) than a champ/revis (hof corner)

they simply make more of an impact. from the run game to ALL aspects of the pass D. they can cover TE's, WR's, double team guys, blitz, champs intelligence would be a great asset in the center field. and i think the gap between champ at safety between adams is bigger than the gap at CB from carter and harris to champ, so in terms of getting the best players on the field it makes sense
    sigpic
    -------

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post
      LT is one of the top 4 valued positions. You can't just put a hard number on Clady and pretend that you're willing to replace him with some guy just because he won't take the low ball offer? Clady will, if not franchised, be signed by another team in a heart beat. They would be betting that they can find someone just as good or better in the draft.
      Im not trying to pretend that LT isn't valued, nor do I think we can just go out and pluck clady 2.0 from the draft. My point is however if we are going to be forced to overpay for clady now, at the expense of Von Miller or DT later. I Say no. PAy the man well, if he wants to be the richest LT as opposed to being paid well on a good team that will contend, then here's the door.

Comment

Clady is widely considered the #1 FA going into this off season.

He's the best LT in the league. He should (and I think he will) be paid accordingly.

Comment

Originally posted by HatianRubble View Post
          Clady is widely considered the #1 FA going into this off season.

He's the best LT in the league. He should (and I think he will) be paid accordingly.
          Totally agree. And as I said in pre-season, he will set the market.
          #swapping

Comment

If they dont resign him they will tag him. Either way I believe he stays for one more year.
            sigpic

Comment

Free Agency and Ryan Clady

When does free agency start? Can the Broncos begin contract talks with Clady and other pending FAs?

We should get the process rollings asap to lock up these guys or tag them before FA begins.
              Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

Comment

Sometime in march and yes we can talk and try to re-sign our own fa's.

Comment

Give me Clady or give me Death...

Ok it's not that serious... but it's fairly serious we need that stud.
                  sigpic
                  2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

We'd be hard pressed to replace Clady should we decide not to pay him top money. Having said this, Clady doesn't blow me away like he used to though. I'm still a fan though and frankly I don't expect the Broncos to go tweaking that side of the line much if at all.

What I wonder is where Walton will fit in come Spring Training. I'd imagine he'd slide back in at #1 considering the age of better depth. Whatever happens that C position should be very interesting to watch next spring

Orlando Franklin showed some signs of weakness and either depth or big move could be made at RT. I think Denver loves Franklin though and would find him a position somewhere on the right side of the line.

While I'm at it, I can only HOPE Kuper hasn't lost anything due to his injury plagued season
                    Last edited by dizzolve; 02-01-2013, 03:23 PM.
                    The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Re signing Clady is a must!!

Elite LT's are hard to come by
                      sigpic

Comment

I do believe free agency starts march 12th.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
                          We'd be hard pressed to replace Clady should we decide not to pay him top money. Having said this, Clady doesn't blow me away like he used to though. I'm still a fan though and frankly I don't expect the Broncos to go tweaking that side of the line much if at all.

What I wonder is where Walton will fit in come Spring Training. I'd imagine he'd slide back in at #1 considering the age of better depth. Whatever happens that C position should be very interesting to watch next spring

Orlando Franklin showed some signs of weakness and either depth or big move could be made at RT. I think Denver loves Franklin though and would find him a position somewhere on the right side of the line.

While I'm at it, I can only HOPE Kuper hasn't lost anything due to his injury plagued season
                          DC's plan long and hard to beat Clady and he rarely gives up anything big. Remember that all players (Ours and theirs) are paid to do their jobs and he goes up against the best every week.

He is definitely a must sign, my concerns are more with the injury bug that seems to plague players after a big signing. The last three weeks have been tough to get through after the loss. I look at the SB as the end of the season and officially the beginning of 32 teams with identical records. Difference is some of us are starting it out with a hell of a foundation and a few key additions away from a dominating year.
                          [sigpic

Comment

Re-signing Clady is a no brainer. The center position could be something the team decides to address this offseason, and I really hope that Kuper can come back at full strength next year.

Comment

Working...
                            X