Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And Now....Lets Talk About Our Team Strengths!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And Now....Lets Talk About Our Team Strengths!!

Hey, I started with a negative perspective thread (the other day), although I just think it's constructive criticism if it translates to upgrades in the offseason. But lets review all the positives. What doesn't need fixing?

QB - Not this year. And as long as Oz turns out, which I believe he will, we're good for a long, long time!

Most Of The Oline - OK. I love most of the oline. Clady, Beadles and Franklin should be solid for years (sign Ryan!), Koppen is not young but he's good, and if Kuper can stay healthy....then again, I've mentioned Guard elsewhere, and who knows how Blake will turn out.

Receiving Corps - DT and Decker will be holding down the fort for years to come, and we haven't even seen the best yet. Stokley may still have a year left in him. And I like Tamme and Dreessen, although they are not pro bowl types, but we also have some potential here on the bench. I do admit, I believe it's time to add one Receiver in '13, because I'd like a speed merchant to keep them honest. I digress.

DEs - We have a lot of flex with our DEs. Doom is the best known, but we have various skilled players, most of them young, willing and able. I believe they will be a better unit in '13.

OLBs - We have Von and Woody and some young guns who can play this game, and life is good!!!

CBs - This is where I can only commit to a partial good story. During the regular seasn I was impressed. Champ made another pro bowl, and the "undrafted" dudes (Harris, Carter) were really solid. Plus we have some depth, and potential in Bolden and others. I guess the playoff game soured the storyline, maybe moreso than deserved.

Special Teams - Good overall. I wouldn't worry too much about upgrades here, and as long as Holliday hangs on, we finally have a legit returner! But this whole unit is filled with solid players who know their role.

Coaching - JDR was a big plus for us. Fox is a calming leader. Sure, in '13 lets try a few new things, just to keep the opponents' guessing.

~~~~~~

Thanks Broncos, and congrats for a really good year!!!

Last edited by CanDB; 01-24-2013, 07:30 AM.

What doesn't need fixing is QB, return man, punter, WRs even though I would like us to get a Mike Wallace type to stretch out the field and keep defense on their heels, special teams doesn't need much fixing except I would bring in another kicker to compete with Matt Prater, we need one more RB, a Tony Gonzalez type TE then we are set. As for defense I think there not much to fix except DT, CB, S, MLB.

Comment

I think the brightest spots on our team are our LB, QB, P, CB (I'm not going to let one game sour my opinion on them)

I think the QB position is a bright spot for obvious reasons. The only thing I don't like is how we drafted Os/a QB last year and not this year. What with Peyton's and Os's contract, Os may never even see the field for the Broncos which would be a shame because I think he could be pretty good

For me, there are so many options for us at the CB position that I am finally comfortable going into this (off)season with our starters and depth (no matter how it plays out)

Our OLB are some of the best, Von and Woody. The only question left is will DJ slide inside, will Brooking keep that spot for another year, or will one of our young guys step up (Johnson and maybe Irving slides inside to his natural position). Again, we have a lot of options. Not something I remember having in recent years, feels nice

I think Green will be a solid TE for us and would be an improvement over Tamme and Dreesen- if he gets on the same page as Manning

Colquitt is a great punter for us and he should stay around for awhile.

Now that I think about it, I think our DL isn't in all that bad of shape. I think we keep either Bannon or Big Vick- I'd like Vick more than Bannon. I think Ayers may take over the starting DE spot from Wolfe and Wolfe will slide inside after an offseason of putting some meat on those bones. Although I like Elvis and think he doesn't get the respect from the refs that he deserves, I would like him to start playing like the player we paid him to be. He isn't a liability in the run game as much as he used to be, but I think that may have deteriorated his pass rushing skills just a little bit. No cause for concern though, just want him (and everyone else) to step their game up. That just leaves depth as the issue, which I see us taking care of in the draft.
      Last edited by IABronco05; 01-24-2013, 08:43 AM.
      Don't give up... Don't ever give up

Comment

Originally posted by FAN4LIFEBRONCOS View Post
        What doesn't need fixing is QB, return man, punter, WRs even though I would like us to get a Mike Wallace type to stretch out the field and keep defense on their heels, special teams doesn't need much fixing except I would bring in another kicker to compete with Matt Prater, we need one more RB, a Tony Gonzalez type TE then we are set. As for defense I think there not much to fix except DT, CB, S, MLB.
        i really like our Duo of Tamme and Dressen, they are solid, reliable and Tamme is one tough SOB who proved he can be valuable in our pass game, I would actually like to see him used more.

i want a reliable young workhouse RB for years to come. not a bunch of situational players who key the D into what we are trying to do (ie: hester - short yardage, moreno - pass game, willis - running, hillman - stretch plays and COP)

i also want a new toy at WR ... my boy corradelle patterson is my first round hope, but this position can wait IMO, i would just love him as a bronco.

C - IMO is our biggest offensive need Koppen is old, and walton still is not very good. time to upgrade to big boy to anchor our line

OG - our 3rd weakest offensive position would love to upgrade starter and depth.

this is a BIG draft IMO because not only could we use 2-3 immediate starters but this is elways team now and this draft he finally has a lot of options to draft BPA as we dont have a TON of obvious holes. this draft could set us up for years to come. get guys that will make an impact John and John!
        sigpic
        -------

Comment

Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
          this is a BIG draft IMO because not only could we use 2-3 immediate starters but this is elways team now and this draft he finally has a lot of options to draft BPA as we dont have a TON of obvious holes. this draft could set us up for years to come. get guys that will make an impact John and John!
          I was just thinking about this, not only the draft but we need to lock up a few of our guys and have a nice FA period as well.

We are a little old at several key positions (CB, C, MLB) which need to be addressed somehow, and this draft will either point us in the right direction (SB contenders for the next 3-5+ years) or it will leave us in that "good but not great" grey area

I have faith, everyone was criticizing Elways draft last year with Wolfe, Hillman, and even Bolden not being the sexiest picks. But it all ended up with us being 13-3 and having a great shot in the playoffs. I may not like their picks/decisions at times, but I have learned not to question/doubt Elway

Comment

QB

ten

Comment

What???? Only 5 responses so far!!!

I should talk, I started with a "what needs fixing" thread first.:brick:

13 and 3, including an 11 game streak is pretty cool, and so was #1 Seed......which should translate to a pretty deep lineup. Patience folks.....and this time when I say it, I do feel like it's going to come together much sooner than later.

Comment

I always go into Can's threads thinking "I have to put up with this homer..." and leave feeling better about the team.

Comment

QB - PFM

LBs outside the starting MLB - depth is nice and should be get a good MLB people may say we have the best LB group in the NFL

OL - Beadles and Clady pro bowlers. Franklin really made amazing progress from 11 to 12 imo.

DB - When playing to their strengths our DBs are amazing. They are man to man players and imo not good at playing off the WR.

I greatly disagree coaching is a strength. We made the playoffs in 2011 off of good defense and late game heroics from Tebow and in 2012 I think Manning was the best coach on the team. I really like Fox's ability to be a leader but in terms of Xs and Os (in a NFL sense) I do not think anyone is special outside of PM. Maybe JDR but I really did not like how our defenses were coached against the good teams in 2012.

With the promotion of Gase I am very concerned about life in Denver after PFM. I have a feeling we heading down the same path as Indy did...guess we can hope we get a Luck in the draft when that happens or maybe Broc will be that guy.
                  Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by Brohemoth View Post
                    I always go into Can's threads thinking "I have to put up with this homer..." and leave feeling better about the team.
                    Sorry and thanks for that!

Comment

QB - No doubt. PFM is just plain awesome.

WR - Decker and DT are great and have all the tools to be the best tandem in the NFL, up there with Jones and White.

TE - Tamme and Dreessen are solid tight ends but I am really excited for Virgil Green. He just reminds me of Shannon Shape. Once he works it out and gets on the same page as Manning, he's going to be a playmaker.

OL - This is a great line. Hopefully we get Clady signed and Kuper gets back to full strength.

OLB - Von and Woody are so good. Von is obviously the star but Woodyard is great in his role not just as a backer but as the vocal leader of the defence (He must have been learning from Brian Dawkins).

CB - Champ is a hall of famer even if he has lost a step. Harris is a stud and one of the best CBs in the league already. Carter is solid and Bolden has potential. One game won't sour the great season they had and the potential they have to get better.

Special Teams - Prater's woes aside, he has been good this year. Colquitt is the best punter in the league. Holliday is electric and the coverage team is great. Bruton, Irving, Johnson and Bolden are special team studs.

Overall this is a really good team. All they need is a few more talented dudes to get over that hump. I'm excited for the off-season!
                      All in for Siemian!

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                        What???? Only 5 responses so far!!!

I should talk, I started with a "what needs fixing" thread first.:brick:

13 and 3, including an 11 game streak is pretty cool, and so was #1 Seed......which should translate to a pretty deep lineup. Patience folks.....and this time when I say it, I do feel like it's going to come together much sooner than later.
                        People tend to be negative around here, especially this time of the year

Of course I would have loved for us to be playing next weekend but I am still very optimistic this offseason

Comment

We have a great QB & hawt cheerleaders.

We could be like the Browns with a rotten QB & *gasp* NO cheerleaders!

C'mon, get some perspective, ppl!

(trivia: without use of a search engine, can you name the other 5 teams w/out cheerleaders? Browns is a freebie, there's 5 others)
                          "When an honest man discovers he is mistaken, he will either cease being mistaken, or cease being honest." -anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Trench777 View Post

(trivia: without use of a search engine, can you name the other 5 teams w/out cheerleaders? Browns is a freebie, there's 5 others)
                            Don't know the answer, but when the answer is provided I will certainly make sure.....

never to go to one of their games!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Trench777 View Post

Packers is one

Comment

Working...
                              X