Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And Now....Lets Talk About Our Team Strengths!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IABronco05 View Post
    Packers is one
    Yikes......I like the Packers! Guess I could bring my wife to one of their games.....I'd get in less trouble.

Comment

Strengths:

Offense: I obviously feel good about our starting quarterback. I also feel our Tight Ends are a strength. I may disagree with some in that I feel our OL and WR groups could be stronger. RB position needs a lot of help.

Defense: Our OLB position is our strength. I like our CB depth and feel this will get better as the younger players gain experience. We do need help in our DL, MLB, and S positions.

Special Teams: Return teams were our strength this year. I also think Colquitt is a very underrated player on our team. Our coverage teams were solid, but I think they could improve. I am not a big fan of Prater. I know he has a strong leg, but he missed some critical kicks late in the year and seems to have a nose for trouble.
      sigpic

Comment

When Elway took over he stated that it would be a 3 yr minimum rebuilding process (if I remember correctly). In the first two of those 3 yrs we have went from abysmal, to Afc west champs back to back, 2nd round of the playoffs as a low seed and now 2nd round as the number one seed.

If this is what most would consider to be a rebuilding process? Then next year it's obvious that we will be in the AFC Championship game at a minimum, and Superbowl should be likely.

Personally? I have to give credit where it's due. The Staff has done an awesome job of turning this program around and making us viable again. They've done it in one year with the run happy offense of Tebow, and then in the 2nd year with the aerial acrobatics of a Manning led offense that STILL made a commitment to the run game.

I may not always be a huge fan of Foxball and the conservative nature of the play calling philosophy, but He and Elway have done a phenomenal job of assembling a group of players who can compete at the highest levels. Ideally, I'd love to see them upgrade a few positions, such as MLB, C, RG, S, RB, and even WR, but we CAN compete with the players currently on the roster. Any upgrades would just be smart gameplanning for the future as the current players continue to get older.

I don't know which positions they will look at seriously in the draft this year. I have no clue which free agents we will lose, and which ones we will bring in. What I do know? Is that I have faith in our current management to continue bringing in players who will add value to this team. Go Broncos

Comment

Originally posted by knoxman36and2 View Post
          When Elway took over he stated that it would be a 3 yr minimum rebuilding process (if I remember correctly). In the first two of those 3 yrs we have went from abysmal, to Afc west champs back to back, 2nd round of the playoffs as a low seed and now 2nd round as the number one seed.

If this is what most would consider to be a rebuilding process? Then next year it's obvious that we will be in the AFC Championship game at a minimum, and Superbowl should be likely.

Personally? I have to give credit where it's due. The Staff has done an awesome job of turning this program around and making us viable again. They've done it in one year with the run happy offense of Tebow, and then in the 2nd year with the aerial acrobatics of a Manning led offense that STILL made a commitment to the run game.

I may not always be a huge fan of Foxball and the conservative nature of the play calling philosophy, but He and Elway have done a phenomenal job of assembling a group of players who can compete at the highest levels. Ideally, I'd love to see them upgrade a few positions, such as MLB, C, RG, S, RB, and even WR, but we CAN compete with the players currently on the roster. Any upgrades would just be smart gameplanning for the future as the current players continue to get older.

I don't know which positions they will look at seriously in the draft this year. I have no clue which free agents we will lose, and which ones we will bring in. What I do know? Is that I have faith in our current management to continue bringing in players who will add value to this team. Go Broncos
          nicely put knox!

Comment

The emergence of Woodyard and our young linebacking core was a very pleasant surprise this season! I'm really looking forward to the development of Trevathan, I thought he played very well for a rookie. Hope to see some growth in Irving as well. That would certainly help our MLB woes. But all in all, the linebacker group was alot of fun to watch this past season.

Comment

Originally posted by knoxman36and2 View Post

Agree with CanDB, nice input.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoSynapses View Post
                The emergence of Woodyard and our young linebacking core was a very pleasant surprise this season! I'm really looking forward to the development of Trevathan, I thought he played very well for a rookie. Hope to see some growth in Irving as well. That would certainly help our MLB woes. But all in all, the linebacker group was alot of fun to watch this past season.
                Good point bud......this was Woody's year to truly emerge! And Trevathan was a great pick. Was hoping to see more Irving as well.

I keep looking for a MLB in our crew, and am hoping they to can emerge.....otherwise I m still hooked on the idea of a top tier draft pick.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                  Good point bud......this was Woody's year to truly emerge! And Trevathan was a great pick. Was hoping to see more Irving as well.

I keep looking for a MLB in our crew, and am hoping they to can emerge.....otherwise I m still hooked on the idea of a top tier draft pick.
                  i agree the LB play was good esp. since basically no DJ n woody emerged as a very good playmaker n trevathan contributed well to as did steven johnson on ST's....im w/ ya just need the MLB spot to get fixed...

Comment

Best: LB/QB/OL/WR/SPECIAL TEAMS

Okay: Corners/TE/RB(when our two starters can play)/KICKER(hes been having a bad year)

Wrost: DL/SAFETY/RB(when our two starters are out)

Comment

It bears mentioning, one of the strengths we will enjoy in the upcoming year is...at LONG last...a DC who can cancel his return flight out of town. I hope the 2 years gets strung together into 5+, we have needed consistancy at DC sorely for quite some time. Take off your coat & set a spell, JDS!

(trivia from earlier post: Teams who tempt the ire of the football gods by thier refusal to field a cheerleading squad are

Green Bay Packers
                      Chicago Bears
                      Detroit Lions
                      Pittsburg Steelers
                      Cleveland Browns
                      NY Giants)
                      "When an honest man discovers he is mistaken, he will either cease being mistaken, or cease being honest." -anonymous

Comment

I would replace Caldwell at WR he wasn't impressive to me this season.Hopefully,Gerrell Robinson can get better to have a better option.Having two big WRs in like Robinson and DT will work for this offense.

The secondary is what concerns me on defense.It seems like these guys don't know what place on the field to be at, or what play is being ran,they look very lost out there.It would really make me happy if we signed Ed Reed and Revis,it would almost make up for the hurtful loss we had against the Ravens this season.

Also,Fox can be a little more aggressive.It starts at the top and if your coach is not aggressive you can't expect your players to be aggressive.To much conservative play all away around. :2cents:

Comment

Working...
                        X