I am curious, rank your top 10 broncos in order of importance to team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am curious, rank your top 10 broncos in order of importance to team

For once I feel like we have a very solid young Roster full of players. I am curious to see where you guys rank the players in terms of importance to this young team.

As we all know, we may not be able to keep everyone, I want to know who you find more important and why. My order would go as follows:

1) Miller
    2) Manning
    3) DT
    4) Clady
    5) Doom
    6) Harris
    7) Woodyard
    8) Decker
    9) Wolfe
    10) Franklin

Looking at my list, I see guys that are going to need to be paid or replaced. Specifically Miller, Clady, Harris, Woodyard, Decker,

I honestly dont think Miller is the type of guy you can replace.

1. Peyton Manning
    2. Von Miller
    3. Ryan Clady
    4. Demaryius Thomas
    5. Elvis Dumervil
    6. Wesley Woodyard
    7. Eric Decker
    8. Zane Beadles
    9. Chris Kuper (The drop off is severe when he is not in.)
    10. Orlando Franklin

Comment

1. Miller (sack machine and a future HoFer)
      2. Dumervil (consistent, another sack machine who demands double teaming and allow Miller to do what he does best)
      3. DT (A rare combination of size and speed which demands safety help on opposing defense)
      4. Woodyard (Ballhawk and a all around playmaker)
      5. Harris (very reliable playmaker who for some reason went undrafted)
      6. Franklin (one of the best protector of Manning)
      7. Manning (Accuracy and ability to shred defense)
      8. Clady (reliable playmaker)
      9. Decker (Young and make plays when call for)
      10. Wolfe (Young and promising playmaker)

I might be a little bias with the ranking.

Comment

1. Manning
        2. Miller
        3. Clady
        4. Thomas
        5. Moreno/McGahee
        6. Champ
        7. Doom
        8. Woodyard
        9. Kuper
        10. Decker
        All in for Siemian!

Comment

1) Manning
          2) Miller
          3) Chris Harris
          4) Woody
          5) Doom
          6) Demaryius
          7) Clady
          8) Decker
          9) Wolfe
          10) Champ

Comment

1. Brock
            2. Miller
            3. Clady
            4. Doom
            5. Harris
            6. Wolfe
            7. Champ
            8. Moore
            9. Woody
            10. Holliday and all Special Teams Players.
            #swapping

Comment

1. Manning
              2. Miller
              3. DT
              4. Clady
              5. Doom
              6. Harris
              7. Woodyard
              8. Decker
              9. Champ
              10. Wolfe
              Last edited by broncoslover115; 01-24-2013, 01:55 PM.
              Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Gotta agree with Flosstein, whom's number 1 isn't someone that you'd expect to see.

But:
                1. Brock Osweiler- We expect him to be out future, he is expected to be the franchise QB of this team. Thus he is the most important.
                2. Von Miller- Young talent that should remain on this team till he retires. Dude has a lot of energy and is a sack machine.

3. Roland Bailey- He sets the standard for our secondary. He makes it way better than it actually is and has been doing that since 06.

4. Peyton Manning- His holds all the cards of this team until Brock is believed to be ready.

5. Elvis Dumervil - Dude is a force to be reckon with and a constant headache for QB's.

6. DeMaryius Thomas - He is our big body, he is the future of the WR corp and a beast.

7. Eric Decker - Same as Thomas but not on the same level of athleticism.

8. Ryan Clady - Dude is a beast, but I rank him lower than others because if we wanted to replace him, Taylor LeWan would be a good replacement. Taylor is as much of a beast, but on a scale of 1-10 on the Clady scale...he is a 8.

9. Derek Wolfe - Dude is a monster with a constant motor.

10. Chris Harris - Has being showing his worth lately, and it's a lot of worth.
                sigpic
                Adopted Broncos:
                EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Sorry to the poster above me, but I don't think Brock is our future, we'll get lucky to get a season out of him by the time Manning retires the kid is going to be acquired by another team. Sad but true. (See Matt Flynn)

Comment

Originally posted by FAN4LIFEBRONCOS View Post
                    Sorry to the poster above me, but I don't think Brock is our future, we'll get lucky to get a season out of him by the time Manning retires the kid is going to be acquired by another team. Sad but true. (See Matt Flynn)
                    We didn't draft him in the 2nd round to just let him walk to another team.
                    2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
                      We didn't draft him in the 2nd round to just let him walk to another team.
                      You didn't get my drift, did you? name a single QB who was PM backup who turn into something more than a journeyman and a backup for life.

Comment

We used a second round pick on him. Lots of teams use second round picks on QB's who they think can start. (See Andy Dalton, Colin Kaepernick) He was drafted to learn from Manning and be our future.

I'm also gonna bring up Aaron Rodgers. The Packers used a FIRST round pick on him, and he sat behind Brett Favre for 3 seasons. Normally, first round picks start immediately, or be on the bench for a little bit, and start.

Elway believes Osweiler has potential, and can start in the future. Like Broncoholic3233 said, we didn't draft him to have him walk to another team.
                        sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
                        Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

You didn't get my drift, did you? name a single QB who was PM backup who turn into something more than a journeyman and a backup for life.
                          True, but Indy never drafted Manning's possible replacement until they released Manning and drafted Luck. Sorgi was a 6th round pick. So was Painter. Usually 6th round QB's are drafted to be backups.

Look at Tom Brady. Drew Bledsoe was the Patriots starter when Brady was drafted. Bledsoe still had a while. They didn't think Brady would have the career he did.
                          sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
                          Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

1.) Manning
                            2.) Miller
                            3.) DT
                            4.) Clady
                            5.) Dumervil
                            6.) Harris
                            7.) Woodyard
                            8.) Champ
                            9.) Beadles
                            10.) Holliday
                            sigpic

Comment

there is a serious flaw in your thinking...sure no qb who was mannings backup amounted to anything....but they were not supposed to be, none of them were brought in to replace or be the next guy when manning left...THEY WERE BROUGHT IN TO HOLD THE CLIP BOARD AND GO IN EVERY NOW AND THEN WHEN THEY HAD TO

ossweiler was drafted to be the guy after manning...he was drafted as the future qb of the denver broncos

just as cutler was brought in to be the future, and sit behind plummer

painter was drafted for one thing...to be the backup to manning
                              sigpic
                              when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Working...
                              X