Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brock Osweiler the Future starting QB of the Denver Broncos ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brock Osweiler the Future starting QB of the Denver Broncos ???

I was wanting to draft a QB the past 3 years and when we had the chance to get Osweiler I was jumping up and down as I loved his 6'7 and arm strength. His size was great, reminded me of Johnny and could learn behind the best mind in the game. NICE

I then started doing some more research and found plenty of videos during this season; I started seeing some concerns as he looked very inaccurate and really slow in the pocket and not much in the air to write home about.

Now these are mostly high light type videos of the team and not nessarly him at his best.

QUESTION - Has anyone seen him in practice or in more light that makes you believe he is what I actually thought on draft day he was - Our Future QB
    We are the Organization that " EVERYONE " wants to be a part of

sigpic

The future tense is inherently subjunctive which is why some languages have no future tense in the subjunctive mood.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

First an foremost, Osweiler was drafted to have a developmental QB with some talent to work with in the event Manning's injury was a bigger issue than expected. Since Manning signed a five year deal, I could see him playing four of the five years, and Osweiler never seeing the field as a Bronco in any meaningful way.

Comment

I sure hope so. I believe John Elway knows a thing or two about QBs, so if he wanted to draft/develop Os then I'm thinking he probably has some very nice potential.

Comment

Originally posted by berlownacyo7s View Post
          I sure hope so. I believe John Elway knows a thing or two about QBs, so if he wanted to draft/develop Os then I'm thinking he probably has some very nice potential.
          More than anything, I think Elway wanted an alternative to a scrub free agent, or some late round guy in the event something happens to Manning. At least with Osweiler, you have invested a second round pick in some talent, and dont have to be like the Colts and rely on a Curtis Painter type.

I like Brock, but Im not sure he wont be traded at some point if Manning looks like he is going to be able to play four or even five years

Comment

Started 2 years of high school ball with him, he was the QB and i was a WR. Don't let his size fool you, he is surprisingly quick. The raw physical talents he needs are all there. Plus, some things that you might not know about him, and hopefully they haven't changed from high school, is his work ethic is really good. He lived in the film room. Also, there wasn't a day that went by, even holidays, that he wasn't calling me telling me to organize the WRs we are going to run routes.

He was drafted not as someone to start right away, but as someone to develop and work hard and learn from 2 of the greatest QBs ever, and from what i experienced with Brock, it's something he has the right mindset and ability to do.

Comment

Originally posted by cutler4thewin View Post
              Started 2 years of high school ball with him, he was the QB and i was a WR. Don't let his size fool you, he is surprisingly quick. The raw physical talents he needs are all there. Plus, some things that you might not know about him, and hopefully they haven't changed from high school, is his work ethic is really good. He lived in the film room. Also, there wasn't a day that went by, even holidays, that he wasn't calling me telling me to organize the WRs we are going to run routes.

He was drafted not as someone to start right away, but as someone to develop and work hard and learn from 2 of the greatest QBs ever, and from what i experienced with Brock, it's something he has the right mindset and ability to do.
              Pics or it didn't happen

Comment

I don't know if Osweiler is going to be our future starting quarterback. I do know I am not impressed with this year's QB draft class. I'm sure there will be a surprise or two, but I'd rather have Osweiler than any other QB coming out this year. He appears to have size, athleticism, and intelligence. He's in a great situation with two HOF QBs to learn from. Only time will tell.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Idiot_Kicker View Post
                  First an foremost, Osweiler was drafted to have a developmental QB with some talent to work with in the event Manning's injury was a bigger issue than expected. Since Manning signed a five year deal, I could see him playing four of the five years, and Osweiler never seeing the field as a Bronco in any meaningful way.
                  Caleb Hanie was the plan B for Manning. Osweiler draft pick had nothing to do with Manning it simply had to do with Elway seeing a potential future QB and taking him. Osweiler Will more than likely start after 4 years. Peyton Manning will be 37 in March I doubt he plays into his 40's. Saying Osweiler will never see meaningful time as a Bronco is a complete guess and quite a wild unfounded one at that.

Comment

What videos are you referring to? I saw him in training camp several times & came away genuinely impressed.

For a guy who was considered a 'project' he looked like he was catching on quick and was making good reads and throws. He was clearly the 2nd best QB in camp. This is what gase said about Brock after being promoted to OC:

Gase on Brock Osweiler: 'being around Peyton Manning....he just grew up so fast and you started noticing during the season.'
                    Gase on Osweiler: 'his release point, the way he dropped, his balance as a passer, his progressions..pushed himself to do those things right
                    https://twitter.com/cecillammey

Plus both Elway and Fox said they were both very pleased with the development of Brock and believe he's still the qb of the future for the Broncos.
                    sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

Originally posted by cutler4thewin View Post
                      Started 2 years of high school ball with him, he was the QB and i was a WR. Don't let his size fool you, he is surprisingly quick.
                      I recall reading that he was an elite basketball player too. I would imagine having that kind of agility combined with his height would bode well for his mobility in and out of the pocket. It's harder to bring down a guy that big who can move too.

Comment

Originally posted by berlownacyo7s View Post
                        Pics or it didn't happen
                        haha ill find one and post it here as soon as i can!

And yea, as a Soph he verbally committed to play basketball for Gonzaga, but decided to pursue football instead.

The only thing about him is that sometimes he has a little awkward of a delivery and it can cause a slow release, but other than that i am really excited for him to start in a couple years!

Comment

I think he will be our starter in 3-4 years. He will have plenty of time to prepare for the role. I love how everytime they shows Manning on the sideline Brock is always near him learning and picking up on things. If he would have stayed in school one more year he's would have been a 1st round pick.

Comment

What do you know. The weekly Brock thread. And it's only Sunday night.

I'm just worried about Manning for now.

But he was a 2nd round pick. Hopefully we don't have to find out for 4 more years. But in the event his time comes early and he isn't good then the pick is a huge fail.

1. Because we could've had him in the third.

2. Because we took him over Russel Wilson.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                              The future tense is inherently subjunctive which is why some languages have no future tense in the subjunctive mood.
                              lol. this post just made my laugh. so random sam...yet not really.

either way it's difficult to say whether the Osweiler pick will turn out to be a good investment or not.
                              sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Working...
                              X