Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brock Osweiler the Future starting QB of the Denver Broncos ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Key West Bronc View Post
    Nobody knew that RW was going to be the QB he is. Cassel and Flynn were the next hot things....now not so much. That may be RW next year. The fact is hindsight is 20/20. It's easy for you to say we should have done this or that. There is no crystal ball (except yours obviously).

Oh...and it's BROCK.

Remember....."You must trust the organization".
    Agreed 100%.

The fan you're quoting has no idea what he's talking about. With such a small sample size of Osweiler this year, how can anyone label him a "journeyman" or "bust" this short into his career?

Comment

I could definitely see Brock being the man in 2015 or even 2014 at the earliest and maybe 2017 at the latest. Heck, it scares me that he might not be able to start a game as a Bronco because of his contract (4 years) compared to Manning's contract (5 years). Obviously, Russell Wilson's success as well as all the other QBs taken before him increases the pressure on the kid. In 5 years, Wilson or Luck or RG3 could be multiple Pro Bowl and All-Pro selections, when Brock is just in his first year of starting! I think Brock will deserve his starting spot when Manning is done and he is ready... Or else I'm all for trading up next year and getting Louisville QB Teddy Bridgewater!

Comment

Originally posted by FAN4LIFEBRONCOS View Post
        The difference would have been we would have had a true starter behind PM ready to go if he gets injured, what happens next if Manning goes down hurt? yep our entire season will go out the window. And let's not kid ourselves here, Russell Wilson is better QB than Brook will ever be.

We are in win now mode therefore a guy like Brock isn't the guy you would want as your backup to a 36 years old man with 4 neck surgeries. This is why many of us hated the pick and especially ahead of more quality guys like Cousins and Wilson.
        I bolded the statements you have made for which you can not provide any support.

Like I said before, the future is inherntly subjunctive.
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

He just be trollin'.

Know one knows how he'll be, but with the praise Elway and Co are giving him...it's nice to hear. I liked the pick and like the potential he has showed.

He's played limited time, so it's almost impossible to point out the bad in him like Japfaff thinks he sees. I'd love know what all that bad (what unimpressed you) is.

I'm excited for him in the future.
          2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

sigpic

Comment

Brock has a 4 yr contract and Manning has a 5 yr contract.

He may not see much playing time.

Comment

Originally posted by 22cannon View Post
              Brock has a 4 yr contract and Manning has a 5 yr contract.

He may not see much playing time.
              I honestly think Manning only plays 3 years of that 5 year. Because if I remember Manning's contract is set up like 1-2-2. So after back to back superbowls I think he hangs up the pads

Adopted Broncos:
              (2011-2013) Eric Decker
              (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
              (2019-Current) Drew Lock
              Adopted posters:
              Everyone

Comment

Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
                I honestly think Manning only plays 3 years of that 5 year. Because if I remember Manning's contract is set up like 1-2-2. So after back to back superbowls I think he hangs up the pads
                There isn't any reason why Peyton Manning shouldn't stay in the league until at least 42, by that time Brook will be a rusty and washed up backup.

Comment

There isn't any reason why Peyton Manning shouldn't stay in the league until at least 42, by that time Brook will be a rusty and washed up backup.
                  No reason?

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                    No reason?
                    None, he should stay like Favre did, why do you think Favre hold the most records by a QB?

Comment

None, he should stay like Favre did, why do you think Favre hold the most records by a QB?
                      You say there is no reason Peyton Manning should retire prior to age 42. You realize we are speaking about the future, don't you?

Don't introduce Brett Favre into the conversation. His career is in the past.

The future is conjecture.

Comment

Working...
                      X