Breakout players of 2013 thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FAN4LIFEBRONCOS View Post
    Which game was that? After Moreno went down the running game was pretty much nonexistent, they shut down Hester and Hillman and we couldn't keep Ravens defense guessing the rest of the game.
    Knowshon Moreno: 10 attempts for 32 yards. 3.2 average
    Ronnie Hillman: 22 attempts for 83 yards. 3.7 average

The Running game didn't suffer when Moreno left the game, it actually got a little better from a statistical standpoint - at least when Hillman was running the ball. He also added 3 receptions for 20 yards. Again, the youngest player in the NFL stepped up when he was called in that game. The 'perceived' lack of a running game was more the conservative, predictable play calling than it was on the production of the guys toting the rock.
    Last edited by BluenOrnge4Life; 01-28-2013, 04:49 PM.
    sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

My money is on Ayers. I think he has already shown he can be a very good player, but imo he should be the starter opposite Doom. He holds and sets the edge better than any other DE on the roster and when he has played I notice him getting close to the qb often. He has improved his strength a ton and has a very good bull rush. I honestly think he is a starter and hope we re-sign him. If we let him walk next year I believe a team will get a very good player. Him and Woody need to get re-signed next year.
      Backing Moreno, Ayers, and Smith for 09.
      Supporting this staff!
      Yes, I know my name is outdated, too lazy to care though hah = )

Comment

Originally posted by BluenOrnge4Life View Post
        Knowshon Moreno: 10 attempts for 32 yards. 3.2 average
        Ronnie Hillman: 22 attempts for 83 yards. 3.7 average

The Running game didn't suffer when Moreno left the game, it actually got a little better from a statistical standpoint - at least when Hillman was running the ball. He also added 3 receptions for 20 yards. Again, the youngest player in the NFL stepped up when he was called in that game. The 'perceived' lack of a running game was more the conservative, predictable play calling than it was on the production of the guys toting the rock.
        Especially since he is a Southern California boy who is not used to playing in games under 56 degrees. I think he did an awesome job. The ONE area where it hurt having Moreno out was the pass protection and that will come for Hillman who is still a rookie.
        sigpic
        Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
        2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
        2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Comment

I can't pick just one.

Wolfe - will break out big.

Woodyard - already had a great season, but will show that he is a legit stud at the LB position.

Quinton Carter will be ball hawk.

Comment

K. moreno if he stay healthy....he was playin great football for us at the end of the season nd it was a big lost he injured during the rav playoff game. one of the best rb to pick up blitz ..i remember they put L. ball in but fail durin the ravens PO. gamr..
            Last edited by eddieroyal; 01-29-2013, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Agree with a lot of names on this list and I'll add a long shot dark horse- Julius Thomas. I know a lot of people hate this guy but I don't know why. He was THE breakout player in camp in his rookie season and he was consistantly making plays even while covered by Champ and even when in double coverage. If he hadn't gotten injured early on we might be talking about him in a totally different light. In a practice I personally attended last preseason I watched him take a short pass to the freaking house while breaking tackles and leaving the whole defense in the dust. He has the same shortcoming as a ton of other rookies, he sucks at blocking and pass protection. If he can round out his game he has all the skills to be a top-tier receiving TE.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Linebacker View Post
                Agree with a lot of names on this list and I'll add a long shot dark horse- Julius Thomas. I know a lot of people hate this guy but I don't know why. He was THE breakout player in camp in his rookie season and he was consistantly making plays even while covered by Champ and even when in double coverage. If he hadn't gotten injured early on we might be talking about him in a totally different light. In a practice I personally attended last preseason I watched him take a short pass to the freaking house while breaking tackles and leaving the whole defense in the dust. He has the same shortcoming as a ton of other rookies, he sucks at blocking and pass protection. If he can round out his game he has all the skills to be a top-tier receiving TE.
                Is that you, Julius?
                Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoooJohnson View Post
                  Is that you, Julius?
                  LOL sounds like Julius or a close relatives of his.

Comment

K. moreno, if he doesn't get injury every 5 game.

Comment

Danny Trevathan - He was a stud at Kentucky, and I think he makes a major play to start in the middle next year.

Virgil Green - He shown flashes in the past, I'd like to see if he can take the next step and be a major contributor next season.
                      sigpic

Adopted Posters:
                      Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
                      Adopted By:
                      Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
                      Broncbeat

Comment

My picks are Wolfe and Harris

I think Wolfe can be somewhat like JJ Watt. Dude had a good rookie year and already knowing the system and Bulk up a lil more then i see Wolfe being an absolute beast next season

As for Harris i see him as being our best player in the secondary next season. I cant even remember a game where i was like "TAKE HIM OFF THAT GUY!" And believe me i say that alot lol

Comment

Originally posted by Aldom916 View Post
                          As for Harris i see him as being our best player in the secondary next season. I cant even remember a game where i was like "TAKE HIM OFF THAT GUY!" And believe me i say that alot lol
                          I love Champ, but I don't think he can cover the #1 deep like he could in past years. I saw Chris hold his own this year, even when the other team tried to line up their #1 on the left vs Chris.

Comment

Originally posted by champ&dreallday View Post
                            I love Champ, but I don't think he can cover the #1 deep like he could in past years. I saw Chris hold his own this year, even when the other team tried to line up their #1 on the left vs Chris.
                            I myself am i big time Champ fan but this season he got picked on a lil bit more than usual and reason being is because Harris is shutting alot down. He holding his own and forcing qb's to attack Champ. While i still believe Champ is a great Corner but i believe Harris was more effective this season.

Comment

Originally posted by FAN4LIFEBRONCOS View Post
                              LOL sounds like Julius or a close relatives of his.

No it's not Julius, just someone who watches. Like I said, it's fashionable to hate this guy and I've never understood why. He's a beast and I'd love to see him succeed.

Comment

Working...
                              X