Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tony Carter- Small but physical DB

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Tony Carter- Small but physical DB

    I've been watching some high-lights and Tony Carter is physical with the receivers like the bigger DB's, but he gets way more flags for P.I. I watched the Sea hawks DB's hold for about 20 yards down field during the Redskins game and nothing, no flags. And don't get me started on the Ravens corner Williams, he hold every other play.It's just hard to see what what the refs are looking for in pass coverage. I played DB so I understand how hard it is to play pass coverage when the refs are so unpredictable and you can't put your hands on a faster receiver a little.

  • #2
    The PI flag Carter got in the 1st quarter of the divisional playoff game was ridiculous. He played perfect man technique: inside leverage; run hip-to-hip; and, look back for the ball.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

    Comment


    • #3
      I used to imagine the league installing auto bots to referee a game lol imagine how many flags would be thrown in that game or how easy it would be to hack and program the bot to call the game our favor. lol Anyway Tony is a very physical player with a big personality, I hope he can continue his progress and latch onto this franchise for years to come...
      Last edited by Sam_Z; 01-29-2013, 09:13 PM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Tony Carter is a very good CB

        as for the point of the OP...Agree 100%

        Comment


        • #5
          Tony Carter didn't jam Jacoby Jones at the line of scrimmage and got burnt down the sidelines for the tying score 2 weeks ago. Don't get too carried away with Carter's abilities.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
            Tony Carter is a very good CB

            as for the point of the OP...Agree 100%
            ...average at best.......and I think average is a little much....
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by 22cannon View Post
              Tony Carter didn't jam Jacoby Jones at the line of scrimmage and got burnt down the sidelines for the tying score 2 weeks ago. Don't get too carried away with Carter's abilities.
              We were in a prevent D. While he shouldn't have given up on the play, that was Rahim's play all the way. If you were expecting Carter to cover Jones all the way down the sideline, then that would have opened up a relatively easy (if the right route were called) 40-50 yard completion in Carter's vacated zone
              Don't give up... Don't ever give up

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                ...average at best.......and I think average is a little much....
                I wouldn't go THAT far

                Carter is a very good cover man, always contesting passes and making the receiver really work to get open
                Don't give up... Don't ever give up

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by IABronco05 View Post
                  I wouldn't go THAT far

                  Carter is a very good cover man, always contesting passes and making the receiver really work to get open
                  Guess he forgot to make Jacoby Jones work for it to get open, as the guy went right pass him.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by FAN4LIFEBRONCOS View Post
                    Guess he forgot to make Jacoby Jones work for it to get open, as the guy went right pass him.
                    See above quote/reply
                    Don't give up... Don't ever give up

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by FAN4LIFEBRONCOS View Post
                      Guess he forgot to make Jacoby Jones work for it to get open, as the guy went right pass him.
                      There were a lot of things wrong with that play including only rushing three. Carter released him into the safeties zoen and watched for anyone coming into the zone he had.

                      Rushing three terrible when you know they are going deep because we didn't collapse the pocket at all on that play and let Flacco step up and unload. I don't think anyone pressed on that play and just ran with them so because that is where the ball went he screwed up? I'm wiling to guess that all the corners forget to make the WR's work to get open then to.




                      Adopted Broncos:
                      (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                      (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                      (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                      Adopted posters:
                      Everyone

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by IABronco05 View Post
                        See above quote/reply
                        Why didn't he jam Jones at the line of scrimmage after Defensive coaches had call for it? what is the hype about this mediocre DB is beyond me. Carter is just cheap and play for peanut that's why he starts for this team and after Porter got sick and injured.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by IABronco05 View Post
                          We were in a prevent D. While he shouldn't have given up on the play, that was Rahim's play all the way. If you were expecting Carter to cover Jones all the way down the sideline, then that would have opened up a relatively easy (if the right route were called) 40-50 yard completion in Carter's vacated zone
                          they were not in a prevent D. They had 9 players within 5 yards of the LoS.
                          Adams also released Pitta to Moore. Moore can't cover 2 guys at once......Carter is is much to play for that play as anyone.
                          Last edited by broncos SB2010; 01-30-2013, 09:09 AM.
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                            ...average at best.......and I think average is a little much....
                            I was with you with saying the play was Carter's fault as well, but saying average is a little much is having an impulsive criticism from that play. Carter is a good cornerback, average at worst.
                            Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by BroncoooJohnson View Post
                              I was with you with saying the play was Carter's fault as well, but saying average is a little much is having an impulsive criticism from that play. Carter is a good cornerback, average at worst.
                              based on what? I think he made some plays here and there but I don't think I would want to count on him full time yet. I would wait to see how consistent he can be before I claimed how good he is.
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X