Tony Carter- Small but physical DB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    they were not in a prevent D. They had 9 players within 5 yards of the LoS.
    Adams also released Pitta to Moore. Moore can't cover 2 guys at once......Carter is is much to play for that play as anyone.
    Ok so they were within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage, did you notice they all turned their hips and started RUNNING downfield right when the ball was snapped. That, to me, screams playing a prevent D. We had someone on the hashmark of Rahim's side covering the deep middle so I don't know what Rahim was doing. Rahim made two big mistakes on that play. His position and his play on the ball. Carter should have been high tailing it to the area where the ball was caught, right when Flacco threw it
    Don't give up... Don't ever give up

Comment

Originally posted by IABronco05 View Post
      Ok so they were within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage, did you notice they all turned their hips and started RUNNING downfield right when the ball was snapped. That, to me, screams playing a prevent D. We had someone on the hashmark of Rahim's side covering the deep middle so I don't know what Rahim was doing. Rahim made two big mistakes on that play. His position and his play on the ball. Carter should have been high tailing it to the area where the ball was caught, right when Flacco threw it
      no they didn't Adams played short and let Pitta go free.
      sigpic

Comment

no they didn't Adams played short and let Pitta go free.
        Sorry. I generalized by saying EVERYONE started running, Adams just backpedalled to about 15-20 yards, where Pitta broke his route off and ran an out= not Rahim's responsibility. If anyone's it would have been Adams/Carter's to either break that pass up or at least bring him down inbounds.

Another indicator of a prevent D is only rushing 3 on that play
        Don't give up... Don't ever give up

Comment

That play still makes me mad. They had no timeouts. We only had to keep the ball in front of us and make a tackle. They probably would have only had time for one more play by the time they got to the LOS and spiked the ball.

That was one of the biggest blunders in team history.
          sigpic
          Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
            That play still makes me mad. They had no timeouts. We only had to keep the ball in front of us and make a tackle. They probably would have only had time for one more play by the time they got to the LOS and spiked the ball.

That was one of the biggest blunders in team history.
            Yep, that is the best way to put it.
            A Classic.... :thumb:
            sigpic

Comment

DBs only jam/exert leverage on LOS when they are in Man (Cover 1/0).

Taller, more physical DBs are usually better at Zone/break on the ball.
              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

First off I think Tony Carter had a good year for us. Before people go nutz on the way he played the WR on The Bomb please remember it is exactly the same way Champ played the WR on his two deep TD passes he gave up which should have been 3.

No not going to go too crazy praising Carter...he only did it one year. Also when you have a pass rush like we gave our DBs most of the time it makes the DBs job easy.

Still I like the way he fights. Not as fighty as Harris but still Carter is tough and imo that is a required trait for a DB

Originally posted by 22cannon View Post
                Tony Carter didn't jam Jacoby Jones at the line of scrimmage and got burnt down the sidelines for the tying score 2 weeks ago. Don't get too carried away with Carter's abilities.
                Something was going on with our DBs and/or the coaching.

On every deep TD pass we gave up no one bumped the WR at all. This includes the deep pass that Flacco overthrew.

All year long we struggled against good teams when our DBs were not playing the WR tight.

No idea why we did not play tight against Balt and no idea why we did not change things up when it was obvious even our best CB was struggling with the way we were playing.

My guess this is why we fired the DB coach but honestly it happened in the playoffs....where was JDR's adjustments? Where was Fox's adjustments? Was there something more important for them to change then the 2 almost 3 deep TD passes we gave up?

No adjustment....it happened a 3rd time and the game went to OT.

It came from a movie but so take it for what it is worth ... doing the same thing but expecting different results is the defination of insanity...but I guess that is what playing the odds gets you.

Mark my words Playing the Odds and Best Chance to Win are going to be on the same level when it comes to Fox's regrets...least we should hope so or Fox will never bring us a Ring
                Last edited by Hadez; 01-31-2013, 06:02 AM.
                Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

based on what? I think he made some plays here and there but I don't think I would want to count on him full time yet. I would wait to see how consistent he can be before I claimed how good he is.
                  How about you take a look at every starting roster in the NFL. Each team has about 5 corners. Then tell me you wouldn't take Carter over more than half of each team's 3rd best corner, which would make him above average.
                  Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoooJohnson View Post
                    How about you take a look at every starting roster in the NFL. Each team has about 5 corners. Then tell me you wouldn't take Carter over more than half of each team's 3rd best corner, which would make him above average.
                    No. What would make him average is if I would take him over half of the total CBs in the league. Would I do that? No. I didn't say he he was an average #3 CB. I said average CB.
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X