Cap Room???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cap Room???

Anyone know what our cap situation looks like? Just thinking, we've got to sign Clady, (or tag him). Peyton makes more this season. Doom and Champ make a pretty penny. Other than that, I don't know of any major financial issues.

We've got a solid team and I'm excited for next season. It seems like a lot of our eggs are in the Peyton Manning basket, meaning I think we'll spend more than we normally would or give up a couple draft picks to get this ring with Peyton in the next couple years. I wouldn't mind Revis, but I don't think we're willing or should pay him $14-16 mil a season. With the injury prone status of McGahee and Moreno, I'd like to get a physical everydown RB, but I'm sure it's gonna cost us. I'm just not sure if we have the cap room to bring one in.

There was s thread about it a couple weeks ago. We are 18 mil under the cap. We would have to dump several big contracts to fit Revis in, and would still have trouble fitting Clady in, if that's the direction we go.

I dont think it happens because i believe signing Clady is more important.
    sigpic
    Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Yeah, I'm 95% sure we don't touch Revis, way too expensive. My biggest concern is RB, but I'm not sure if we can sign a big name RB.

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
        There was s thread about it a couple weeks ago. We are 18 mil under the cap. We would have to dump several big contracts to fit Revis in, and would still have trouble fitting Clady in, if that's the direction we go.

I dont think it happens because i believe signing Clady is more important.
        I agree with you here entirely. Clady is going to be where a good chunk of the money goes here in the off season. I also am very wary of Revis because while I think he is a phenomenal player he has already gone through one contract holdout in NY and there is rumor that he is going to want another upgrade in payment when his contract ends next year. Now if you are just going to trade for him as a one and done then it might happen but I still don't see how it does. We currently have a lot of cap room but I think most of it is quietly being spoken for.
        sigpic

Comment

Id rather we give Clady the big contract before Revis, I wouldnt mind Revis but this thing about "I need to be the highest paid cornerback" is getting really old. Really old at any position, I just dont get how a player can say something like such and still expect us to believe he is of high character. Sure they should be paid according to their performance but that look at me, look at me attitude is just ludicrous.

Not to mention that Revis has become somewhat injury prone, I think he'd spell Ty Warren all over again.
          Besides we still have Omar Boldin, who should get a very long look this season.

Comment

Originally posted by 86Elwayfan View Post
            I agree with you here entirely. Clady is going to be where a good chunk of the money goes here in the off season. I also am very wary of Revis because while I think he is a phenomenal player he has already gone through one contract holdout in NY and there is rumor that he is going to want another upgrade in payment when his contract ends next year. Now if you are just going to trade for him as a one and done then it might happen but I still don't see how it does. We currently have a lot of cap room but I think most of it is quietly being spoken for.
            No rumor, he's looking to be paaaaid for contract #2 and deservedly so. His main issue with the holdout b4 was to get that F-tag clause in on his rookie contract. He's still technically under his rookie deal, it was just re-adjusted. If we were to acquire him, they will work his deal to keep his actual cap$$$ down. And that $18mil may easily wind up closer to 23-25mil once we give a few guys their walking papers.
            #swapping

Comment

I don't think we'll even get into the Revis competition. My focus is on a RB and how much we'd spend. Besides Stephen Jackson, I'm not even sure what RBs are free agents.

Comment

Originally posted by champ&dreallday View Post
                I don't think we'll even get into the Revis competition. My focus is on a RB and how much we'd spend. Besides Stephen Jackson, I'm not even sure what RBs are free agents.
                My thoughts exactly. I don't want Revis, and I don't think it's realistic to think we'll go after him. I wouldn't mind Jackson coming to town, though.

Comment

I believe 18.5, but another 7-8 mil or so can be added with possible cuts.

And i don't want Revis for the simple $$ terms, use that money on 2-3 others to fill needs.

Comment

Cap Room is fine. Like Al Wilson 4 Mayor posted, it is a little over $18-Million.

You can google it, but here is a detailed list: http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-broncos/yearly/

Dumervil's salary actually decreases next year by $2-Mil. As you can see, some of the top earners will be gone: DJ Williams, Joe Mays, and possibly McGahee and Kuper. These vacancies would add back significant cap room.

I am not sure they would want to blow a chunk of it on Revis when they have Chris Harris and Champ Bailey and the prospect of a high-round CB-- Revis would not make sense. I could see them spending some money on a badly needed veteran chain-moving RB such as Steven Jackson.
                    sigpic

Comment

I have to agree that we are not going to make any big FA splashed other than locking up Clady. We will look to draft some more youth @ Safety, MLB, WR, RB, DT. Revis is not worth the money he is asking for.

I don't think that adding Jackson really gets us further ahead over Moreno/McGahee combo. If we can have both of these guys healthy we will be great... unfortunately I think we are better off drafting a workhorse (good blocking) RB in the early rounds of the draft. Aging RBs are not the answer in today's NFL.

Comment

I hear you dukes88, the biggest move needs to locking up Clady. However, I hate to say it, but I have very little faith in McGahee/Moreno staying healthy. We still ran the ball well with Hillman, but the game just seemed different when Moreno went down. You could say it's not likely to lose him in the playoffs again, but Moreno always seems to break my heart and get injured. I agree aging RBs aren't typically what you want to target, but I'll be honest, we have a lot of eggs in the win with Peyton in the next couple of years basket. I don't know if I trust a young back with blocking for Peyton.

Comment

We are on the same page - I believe that we lost the game because we didn't have a Moreno/McGahee (a solid blocker) in the backfield that second half. Once Peyton was under pressure we made mistakes and ultimately cost us the game. Had tons of chances to win, forget all the blown coverage issues. If we can get a RB that can do that for us, great - Jackson to me is just what we have... an injury prone workhorse (have two of them

Maybe we can find a cheaper veteran to add into the fold (Greene, Benson, Hillis, Mendenhall) - Ball is not reliable in any facet of the game.

Comment

I don't know but it's not going to look pretty after the offseason

Comment

Mays needs to go and probably D.J. as well. That would open up some cap space.

Lock up Clady, make a few value signings if possible, and go into the draft looking to add talent all around.
                              Go Broncos!!!:thumb:

Comment

Working...
                              X