Well the team the broncos could have beat except for

1) Champ sucking it up
    2) Fox leaving Champ 1 on 1 while he was sucking it up
    3) Moore going full retard
    4) Prater kicking the ground instead of the football
    5) Manning throwing interceptions
    6) Kuper getting run over
    etc

just won the super bowl. I'm a relatively new fan but aside from the patriots losses to the giants I can't think of any worse games for a franchise in the past 7-8 years in terms of reasonable expectation crashing and burning. This should have been the broncos' year but they completely blew it.

Comment

After them winning it all, #1 all-time, hands down.

Wasn't old enough for the Jax game to mean a whole lot.

And not sure if we beat NE or SF, but we'll never know. We had them beat, and yeah...

Gonna sting for awhile especially if we don't win a SB in the next 2 years.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
        After them winning it all, #1 all-time, hands down.

Wasn't old enough for the Jax game to mean a whole lot.

And not sure if we beat NE or SF, but we'll never know. We had them beat, and yeah...

Gonna sting for awhile especially if we don't win a SB in the next 2 years.
        I think I'm with you. I was too young to get really upset over the Superbowl loses, we usually were outplayed and blew out by half or the Jax game. I felt devestated after the loss. I'm a big NCAA fan and NBA fan. I've never felt so crushed after a loss ever. Coaching seemed to be better, QB, Offense and even Defense in my eyes were all heavy favorites. Not only did we lose, but Champ got smoked rotisserie style (and Champs my favorite Bronco), it hurt my heart. Pass rush played pitty pat, consistenty gave up plays that the scouting report should told us were coming (deep bombs with out of play safetys). And to put the icing on the cake, John Fox goes cowardly lion and tries leaves the game in the hands of a defense that was gashed all game. I don't know of an area that I felt good about in that game, special teams returns were excellent, but a missed FG by Prater, who was supposedly clutch and one of the best in the game to me kicks the dirt in a home game to eliminate a 10 point game???? It's #1 to me.

Peytons legacy is on the line, and I think he takes that very seriously. Hopefully Del Rio gets the secondary together, but I think Peyton crushes passing records this coming season.

Comment

Working...
        X