What is Our Biggest Need in 2013?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is Our Biggest Need in 2013?

For arguments sake, let's say we re-sign Vickerson, Clady and Tony Carter. By my count that still leaves these potential holes: What do you think is our biggest concern going into this offseason?

Slot Receiver: We need a guy who can take advantage of the huge opportunities in the middle with Black & Decker taking so much heat outside.

Tight End: Same as above. Tamme was a disappointment if you compare his 2010 stats with his 2012 numbers and consider he played less games in 2010.

Middle Linebacker: I think we're OK with Joe Mays and DJ Williams but an upgrade is certainly possible.

Free Safety: Rahim Moore should improve and Champ can move to safety but this is a question mark.

Cornerback: A lot of "experts" are mocking our first round pick to be a cornerback. If Champ moves to safety, I could see it but Tony Carter and Chris Harris both played extremely well and both have room for improvement. That said, I don't know if they're ever going to be elite corners.

Center: Dan Koppen was a great fill-in but he's past his prime. I personally don't have confidence in JD Walton or Philip Blake.

Right Guard: Chris Kuper is a Pro Bowl guard when healthy but he can't stay healthy.
    Slot WR
    8.11%
    Tight End
    2.70%
    Middle Linebacker
    56.76%
    Free Safety
    10.81%
    Cornerback
    13.51%
    Center
    0.00%
    Offensive Guard
    8.11%

a Superbowl win!!
    sigpic

Comment

Wow, no choice for defensive tackle. That's new.

In my opinion, the Broncos are in a position to take the best player available, according to their own list, regardless of position.

I'm all in favor of interior line on both sides of the ball, a CB, a Mike Backer and a RB.

The Broncos are drafting well. Fifteen of the sixteen drafted in the past two are still with the team. They have also been good at getting good UDFAs.
      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

DT, DT, DT lol.
        But for the non-obvious choice, I said Slot WR. Peyton will play at least three more years, maybe 4. You want to start breaking in that slot wr with manning as soon as possible, expecting it will not be until year 2 before they're on the same page. I think if we draft one this year, then he can learn the offense slowly since we still have stokley. One other option is to get the greatest slot wr of all time in welker, and have welker be the slot, and stokley as the 4th wr (much prefer stokes over willis, peyton to willis = int lol)

Comment

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post

a Superbowl win!!

You beat me to the punch.

I'd settle for a playoff win but this goal is even more needed!
          :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

I would love to see Peyton work with Holiday to become our next slot receiver. Could you imagine that guy scampering away from the safeties, & LB's.
            sigpic
            Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
            2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
            2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Comment

Originally posted by one_bad_55 View Post
              I would love to see Peyton work with Holiday to become our next slot receiver. Could you imagine that guy scampering away from the safeties, & LB's.
              Holiday would literally get killed lol. But I would like to see Holiday become more involved in the passing game (sprinkled in there at different times, probably 3rd down).

Comment

Originally posted by one_bad_55 View Post
                I think he needs to get a little bit bigger for that though. He would get killed in the middle of the field. I was thinking they should use Holliday kinda like they use sproles but I agree we need a way to get Holliday involved in the offense. That kid is deadly with the ball in hand!
                sigpic

Comment

I think the 2 biggest holes are Dline and MLB right now, imo. that Dline spot could be a DE or DT depending on what they do with Wolfe. If Wolfe moves to DT full time then a DE is a need. That spot could be filled by Ayers or Malik Jackson so that may not be a need either. MLB could also be filled with Trevathan, Irving, DJ (if he stays) or Johnson. So all that being said...the 2 biggest holes could very well be filled by current players.

That brings me to the next biggest need which, imo, is CB or OC. The OC spot is up for debate since I hope they re-sign Koppen and I have no idea how they feel about Walton. The OC play seemed so much better, and the OLine as a whole, once Koppen came in after Walton's injury. I don't know if that is because Walton isn't very good or because he just hasn't developed yet. So once again...not sure about that spot until we see what the FO thinks.

CB is a position of need that is indisputable, imo, and won't be filled by current roster members. Champ is getting old (35 in June) and won't last too much longer. He has 2 years left on his contract and I think that is all he has left. Harris is decent #2 so far but still not sold on him 100%. Carter is a #3 at best and may not even be that if we get a top CB in the draft. Bolden is an unknown and Porter will be gone. Carter, Harris, and Bolden are all small CB and if that is all we have after Champ than we will be in the same boat as KC who have 2 small CBs and have trouble covering big WR. I say if DT, OC, and MLB are taken care of then go get a top CB such as Trufant, Banks, or Rhodes and let them learn from Champ for 2 years. Moving Harris back to the nickel would even be ok with me in that situation.
                  sigpic

Comment

Our biggest need is the best available player that moves the team towards a Superbowl victory.
                    sigpic

Comment

Well, I don't think it's o-line since Peyton (for the most part) had enough time to operate efficiently last year. Sure Ramirez was exposed on occasion, but hopefully Kuper can come back from injury and solidify the line. Koppen played well and should be re-signed. Plus Walton was decent-to-solid while he was in there as well.

I also do not think it is MLB. Oh yes, we need a MLB for sure, but I think we could survive with the guys we have now. Maybe DJ plays more in the inside or Irving/Johnson/Trevathan get more playing time. In either case, I think we'd be in decent shape without a new one.

Harris is a stud, and Champ is still really good. He had one bad half against a guy who was obviously too fast for him to cover one-on-one. Not Champ's fault; bad coaching scheme IMO. If we bring back Carter we'll have a solid trio of guys and a developmental 4th in Bolden.

I think our biggest need is slot WR. Now, that does not mean that we should necessarily draft one in the firs round, but I think we really need another WR to finish off our offense. I love Stokely as the slot guy, but it's pretty easy to game plan for DT/Decker outside and Stokes going short over the middle. If we had one more viable recieving threat our offense would be immensely better.

And yeah, it's weird DT is not an option. But once again, if we brought back Vick, Bannan, and Unrein I think we'd be solid enough in that spot as well. Not great, but solid.

And it's not FS. People need to get over Rahim's gaffe already. He was considerably better this year than he was as a rookie, and he's still way too young to give up on his development. Also, Dreessen and Tamme is still a respectable duo of TEs. No Gronk/Hernandez, but good enough. I actually wished we would have gotten Tamme more involved in that playoff game. Not really sure why we didn't...
                      Last edited by berlownacyo7s; 02-05-2013, 06:50 PM.

Comment

I didn't put defensive tackle as a need because I think the team will re-sign Vickerson or Bannan or move Derek Wolfe to DT though I suppose that make us in need of a DE. A lot of people are worried about our tackles but I personally think we're fine.

Comment

Why doesn't this poll have an option for DT or a healthy Running Back?

I guess on Defense our biggest need is going down the Middle and on offense I WANT A RB! Eddie Lacey anyone?
                          sigpic
                          Thanks Freyaka for the Sig! And Avatar!

Comment

Originally posted by sbxxxiichamps View Post
                            Why doesn't this poll have an option for DT or a healthy Running Back?

I guess on Defense our biggest need is going down the Middle and on offense I WANT A RB! Eddie Lacey anyone?
                            Lacy would be nice, but it may be worth it to pass on him and get someone like Montee Ball or Stepfan Taylor later on. I wouldn't be upset if he was the pick, though. Same with Barrett Jones.

I ultimately want Tavon Austin (slot WR), Eric Reid (put him next to Rahim), Xavier Rhodes, Des Trufant, or Jon Banks in the 1st. I honestly wouldn't mind seeing Irving get a shot at MLB before trying to address it in the draft.

Comment

Safety, a legit nfl RB, DT, MLB
                              Bring Back ORANGE Sunday!!!

Tim Tebow combines the intensity of Ray Lewis with the throwing ability of... Ray Lewis.

"It is a damn poor mind indeed which can't think of at least two ways to spell any word."-Andrew Jackson

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X