Rodgers-Cromartie signs 1 year, 4 million dollar contract

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by azfanz View Post
    I notice nobody is talking about and making comparisons to Andre Goodman...and for good reason. I didn't miss screaming at my television last season. Until the last game that is.
    He was fine in pure coverage, but he was terrible at anything related to tackling. Also, towards the end of his time here in Denver he had a lot of hamstring problems, which was really his undoing.

As for Dre Bly, I think a lot of his problems stemmed from that our entire defense was crap, and that we really didn't have much of a pass rush during his time here. He was never a shut down guy, but a gambler, much like an Asante Samuel. When he didn't have a decent pass rush to hurry some throws, he was very much exposed.
    Adopted 2010 Bronco: Chris Kuper
    Adopted 2011 Bronco: Brian Dawkins

Comment

Originally posted by Combo1985 View Post
      Dre Bly went poorly yes, because he gambled and got burnt alot. I wouldn't say Tracy Porter went that poorly I mean he played pretty well for the little time he played, just got out for the whole season with his seizures. and RIP D-Will but he wasn't that good. Champ is getting older, we really need to draft a good CB prospect.
      I must object to the d will thing , he was very good , fast , good hips , had a deion sanders type flare , he would have turned into a multiple pro bowl starter , its screwed up but the first thing I thought when I read the paper was WHY NOT JAVON WALKER , but as I true fan I over look the politically correct version and only see our teams best interest , but again Williams was a star , and he was just get going

Comment

Another issue is that we are spoiled in Denver. We hold corners up to a huge standard kinda like qbs , we compare everyone along side champ , there is not and will never be another champ , but DRC is a huge step forward , its funny to me that kolb and DRC both became free agents around the sameme time

Comment

People always blame the players, but for so many decent players to "fail" requires bad coaching.

Comment

I think dominique rodgers-cromartie will be a beast!

I know he had a rough year in philly. But this is a new start and I think it is a perfect fit for him in denver all 3 of our corners can play man coverage now! I predict 7 int this year for cromartie!

Comment

Originally posted by J-AcE View Post
              I know he had a rough year in philly. But this is a new start and I think it is a perfect fit for him in denver all 3 of our corners can play man coverage now! I predict 7 int this year for cromartie!
              The secondary play will be dictated by our pass rush. Without Doom, I am not sure. Unless we get some one like Doom in the draft. I am not sold on Ayers.

Comment

www.bleacherreport.com rated him #21 best cornerback in the league.

Coverage62/70
                Rodgers-Cromartie is known for his athleticism, and that’s on full display when you watch him out in space on a receiver. The former Eagle has excellent recovery speed and the ability to turn and run with any receiver in the league. He possesses excellent fluidity in his hips at 6’2" and the short-area quickness to break on balls in his area and get his hand in there to break up a pass.

He uses the sideline well when directing receivers down the field and shows an ability to go up and get a ball at its highest point in traffic. He shows a good awareness of his area on the field in relation to the receiver and quarterback. He can lose his footwork jamming at the line of scrimmage, and that can lead to receptions, although he has the speed and agility to recover.

Run Defense9/15
                Doesn’t show much in the run game. If he’s not near the play or is locked up by an offensive player, he isn’t a factor in run defense. The phrase "business decision" comes to mind.

Tackle11/15
                Rodgers-Cromartie is a better tackler than most would believe. He uses his length to get into the backfield and can attack the ball in space.

Overall82/100
                He’s a boom-or-bust player. His coverage abilities combined with his elite athleticism will carry him through as a guy that will flash brilliance one game and the opposite the next. Always a factor, always a question.

Comment

I love the Welker move, but DRC could be the biggest pickup of the offseason. Chris Harris is still a great corner, but with his size and speed I feel comfortable putting DRC vs the Calvin Johnsons and Torrey Smiths of the league. Champ's great in short to mid range pass plays. He can take a receiver out of the game in those situations, but at his age isn't as dangerous vs the deep pass. Chris Harris is better vs the deep pass, but I'm not sure he can go 1 on 1 with some of the bigger WRs. I'm not saying he's unbeatable, but I trust DRC with no safety help vs the Calvin Johnsons and Torrey Smiths of the league. Now tackling and run defense is another story, but right now I worry about the deep pass a little more than our DBs missing tackles.

Comment

Originally posted by rush_limbaughII View Post
                    The secondary play will be dictated by our pass rush. Without Doom, I am not sure. Unless we get some one like Doom in the draft. I am not sold on Ayers.

I feel that. Im Not sold on ayers either

Comment

• Originally posted by champ&dreallday View Post
                      I love the Welker move, but DRC could be the biggest pickup of the offseason. Chris Harris is still a great corner, but with his size and speed I feel comfortable putting DRC vs the Calvin Johnsons and Torrey Smiths of the league. Champ's great in short to mid range pass plays. He can take a receiver out of the game in those situations, but at his age isn't as dangerous vs the deep pass. Chris Harris is better vs the deep pass, but I'm not sure he can go 1 on 1 with some of the bigger WRs. I'm not saying he's unbeatable, but I trust DRC with no safety help vs the Calvin Johnsons and Torrey Smiths of the league. Now tackling and run defense is another story, but right now I worry about the deep pass a little more than our DBs missing tackles.

I agree! I think he definitely be better with Denver then he was in philly

Comment

Working...
                      X