Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

With Welker, could Manning get 5200 yds and throw to 3-1000+ recievers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With Welker, could Manning get 5200 yds and throw to 3-1000+ recievers?

Im bored/frustrated with the #ElvisDumervil #faxgate #hesaidshesaid threads...so im making my own

Manning threw for 4654 yards and 37 touchdowns and threw to:
    DT - 1434 and 10 TDS
    Decker - 1063 and 13 TDS
    Stokeley - 544 and 5 TDs
    Tamme - 555 and 2 TDs
    Dressen - 544 and 5TDS
    RBs and other recievers - 718 and 2TDS

(Welkers stats last year were 1354 yards and 6 TDS)
    Now, lets say that Manning has a STELLAR year and gets 600 more yards (2nd best ever in history) and he throws to 3-1000+ yard recievers! (lets hope!)
    so...2013/2014 regular season (assume without Stokely) would look like this:

DT = 1300 yards and 11 TDs
    Decker - 1000 yards and 14 TDS
    Welker - 1300 yards and 7 TDs
    Tamme - 500 yards and 2 TDS
    Dressen - 500 yards and 4 TDS
    RB and other - 600 yards nd 2 TDS
    5200 yards and 40TDS
    What happens is there is only a limited amount of extra yardage that Manning is ever going to get. And when you increase one recievers yardage, another will have less.

Is it possible that Manning will get 5200 yards and 3 - 1000+ recievers? YES! But, more likely two will get the 1000+ and the rest Manning will spread around.

DT, Decker, and Welker will get 1000yds each im very sure. I dont know about 5200yds passing for manning but we will see.
    Last edited by Djsquirtle; 03-15-2013, 08:50 PM.

Comment

In answer to your question, no its not possible. Although Im sure they could in Madden. Thank you, have a nice day.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoStampede View Post
        In answer to your question, no its not possible. Although Im sure they could in Madden. Thank you, have a nice day.
        Drew Brees 2011-5476 yards passing 46 TDs

His top receivers:
        Jimmy Graham 1310 yards with 11 tds
        Marques Colston 1143 and 8
        Darren Sproles 710 and 7
        Lance Moore 627 and 8
        Robert Meachem 620 and 6

For full breakdown of information it is found here.

It could happen, but as the OP said it's more likely there will be 2 1000 yard receivers and the love will be spread around just like Brees did.
        Last edited by 100%Broncoholic; 03-16-2013, 07:05 AM.
        sigpic
        The Bronco fan pledge;
        I am a Broncos Fan and I believe
        I believe in Mile High Magic and bleed Orange and Blue.
        I celebrate the Orange Crush, The Drive, and the Mile High Salute.
        I create the THUNDER, share the common dream, and will forever be a proud citizen of
        Bronco's Country.

Adopt a Poster AZ Snake Fan & SecondsAway131

Comment

Originally posted by 100%Broncoholic View Post
          Drew Brees 2011-5476 yards passing 46 TDs

His top receivers:
          Jimmy Graham 1310 yards with 11 tds
          Marques Colston 1143 and 8
          Darren Sproles 710 and 7
          Lance Moore 627 and 8
          Robert Meachem 620 and 6

For full breakdown of information it is found here.

It could happen, but as the OP said it's more likely there will be 2 1000 yard rushers and the love will be spread around just like Brees did.
          It would be a TERRIBLE thing if the passing stats happen. It will mean our defense sucks and Manning had to air it out like crazy just to keep us in games.

Two 1,000 yard rushers would mean we're either the best team in the league by far, or Manning was hurt and Oz cant throw at all.

Comment

It would be a TERRIBLE thing if the passing stats happen. It will mean our defense sucks and Manning had to air it out like crazy just to keep us in games.

Two 1,000 yard rushers would mean we're either the best team in the league by far, or Manning was hurt and Oz cant throw at all.
            Meant Receivers.
            sigpic
            The Bronco fan pledge;
            I am a Broncos Fan and I believe
            I believe in Mile High Magic and bleed Orange and Blue.
            I celebrate the Orange Crush, The Drive, and the Mile High Salute.
            I create the THUNDER, share the common dream, and will forever be a proud citizen of
            Bronco's Country.

Adopt a Poster AZ Snake Fan & SecondsAway131

Comment

Or it means we found an aggressive coach who doesn't care about irrational morals and sportsmanship.

Comment

Just because Manning produces more yards doesn't mean that we had to air it out to keep us in games. Adam Gase's plan for the offense is petal-to-the-metal football.
                Some of the stats for Brees shows my point that it would be hard to have 3-1000+ yard recievers.

Comment

I can see Manning's totals increasing from the 2012 figures. How much is anyones' guess.
                  Manning really doesn't want to throw THAT much. He prefers a balnaced approach. Much will depend on Denver's running game.
                  Last year, Manning's YPA, was 7.99 which was the 3rd best YPA of his career, only bested by 9.17 in 2004, and 8.27 in 2005. IN those seasons he ad 497 attemps and 453 attempts respectively. In those years. the Colts rested him during the last 2-3 games, killing his overall yards output, which were 4557, and 3757.

In 2012, Manning had 583 attempts, which is a lot. If he passes 600 times in 2013, he'd have to be at 8.33 YPA to make 5000 yards. This would probably be the upper limit of his stats. I can see 600 attempts, and I think his YPA will be even better than in 2012, but how much better?

I'd project around 550-600 attempts and 4500-4800 yards in 2013. He'll spread it around, but Denver will be playing with leads for much of the season, so I would not expect 5000+ yards.

Having said that.........pour it on baby!

Comment

Barring any injuries, we have the potential to become the highest scoring offense in NFL history this season. I expect DT's number only to increase; catches, yards, and TD'S. I expect Welker to catch about 105-110 passes, 1,200 yards. Decker will see a drop off in targets, but I still predict he'll haul in at least 7 TD's

Comment

shoot i dont care if he passes for less than a 1000 yards this season as long as we win the big game stats dont mean crap without the wins

Comment

Maybe if we don't run the ball at all that could happen. You also forget who the head coach is. We'll be up by two TDs in a lot of games, so that means a lot of foot off the gas, running the clock.

Comment

I think offense will have the potential to rival New Englands 07, Indys 04, and Minnys 98 offenses. This offense is going to be explosive. I wouldnt be surprised if Manning reclaims the single season TD record at all.

Comment

Originally posted by HatianRubble View Post
                            I think offense will have the potential to rival New Englands 07, Indys 04, and Minnys 98 offenses. This offense is going to be explosive. I wouldnt be surprised if Manning reclaims the single season TD record at all.
                            I agree with you in that if we have any semblance of decency on defense, we will have homefield advantage locked again.

Comment

Originally posted by Brohemoth View Post
                              Or it means we found an aggressive coach who doesn't care about irrational morals and sportsmanship.
                              What does an aggresive coach have to do with "irrational morals and sportsmanship?" When did we become the scumbag Raiders of the NFL?

Comment

Working...
                              X