Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

With Welker, could Manning get 5200 yds and throw to 3-1000+ recievers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now that Peyton has a year under his belt with us and his surgery's no longer seem to be an issue, I think he will exceed by far last year's results. The WR corp we have is outstanding and why not pick defenses apart with the talent we have with our passing game.

Of course we will need a running attack but being able to move the sticks further and more often will wear out the defenses we face as our front line keeps Manning upright and on his feet.

Some say you need the running game to open up the passing game but it can work both ways. Use the passing game to open up the run.
    :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Whilst Manning is going to be like a kid in a candy store with the passing game - this team will still run the ball a lot. Manning will still check to runs often to take advantage of what the defense is showing. Plus the OL will be better as well.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoStampede View Post
        What does an aggresive coach have to do with "irrational morals and sportsmanship?" When did we become the scumbag Raiders of the NFL?
        i think he meant that whenever the broncos was leading late in games the broncos let up a lot and ran the ball even when the Defense stacked 9 in the box and its unsportsmanlike to throw the ball when your already leading by more than 20

Comment

Here is an interesting article that talks about the wide recievers. Looks like in 2004 Manning already had 3 1000 yard recievers: interesting!
          http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ith-wes-welker

Comment

I think Welker's numbers will be down from his years in New England. Not because he won't play as well, or because Manning can't dump it to him, but because DT and Decker will still get enough of a haul to spread the love around. Manning may end up with 3x 1,000 yard WR's, but it won't be absurd. Still, Manning is the guy who was getting these numbers before the rules were changed to favor passing over all else.

2012 was supposed to be a year for Manning to come back, and the defense to get acclimated to JDR. Instead they went 13-3 and were a few bone head plays from hosting the AFC Championship game (against a New England team they would have crushed this time around). Now a full, healthy off-season for Manning, a defense that knows JDR's system, some key acquisitions and a solid Draft could all mean a rather dangerous Broncos team.

Comment

Only reason Manning will break the record is if we trail every game in the 4th quarter. Which is highly unlikely.

Manning doesnt throw much when we lead during 4th quarter. No garbage TDs ( unless he has BB as the coach ).

Comment

Originally posted by Doogansquest View Post
                I think Welker's numbers will be down from his years in New England. Not because he won't play as well, or because Manning can't dump it to him, but because DT and Decker will still get enough of a haul to spread the love around. Manning may end up with 3x 1,000 yard WR's, but it won't be absurd. Still, Manning is the guy who was getting these numbers before the rules were changed to favor passing over all else.

2012 was supposed to be a year for Manning to come back, and the defense to get acclimated to JDR. Instead they went 13-3 and were a few bone head plays from hosting the AFC Championship game (against a New England team they would have crushed this time around). Now a full, healthy off-season for Manning, a defense that knows JDR's system, some key acquisitions and a solid Draft could all mean a rather dangerous Broncos team.
                Doogan it is good to see you again. I agree with your last paragraph and can't wait to see how it goes. Thanks for the post.

Comment

Originally posted by johntbronco View Post
                  Here is an interesting article that talks about the wide recievers. Looks like in 2004 Manning already had 3 1000 yard recievers: interesting!
                  http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ith-wes-welker
                  Bleacher Report Yuk,not bleacher report!

Just kidding,good read!

Comment

Something's gotta give in your projections, and it will be Tamme's numbers. In 3 wide sets, Dreessen will be the tight end because of his blocking ability, and we won't have Tamme in over Welker too often.
                    Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Comment

I think it's possible, but probably not likely because of John Fox. I wouldn't suggest still throwing every down in the 4th quarter if we have a big lead. However, unless Fox has a complete change of heart, Peyton's not setting those types of records. If we are in a position to pass that much, our defense probably isn't playing well. Last season it seemed like either Decker or Thomas would have a big game every week, but not both. This year 2/3 WRs will have a big game each week, so with that rotation it's possible. Personally, I'd love to see it happen and think it's definitely possible, but unlikely.

Comment

Broncos will build leads then try and control the clock, IMO.

I'm for it. I'd rather risk RB's to injury than Manning or WR's. I'd love to have the passing game healthy going into the playoffs.

Welker will help move the chains, sustain drives, and put points on the board. It is going to be beautiful to watch

Comment

Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post

I'm for it. I'd rather risk RB's to injury than Manning or WR's. I'd love to have the passing game healthy going into the playoffs.

Welker will help move the chains, sustain drives, and put points on the board. It is going to be beautiful to watch
                          I hear you but......I don't think we can undervalue the importance of the running game. As we saw vs Bmore, the offense changed a lot when Moreno got hurt. The playoffs are a different monster, not to mention the Super Bowl is going to be in early February in New York City. It may not be a big passing game. I do agree Welker on third downs is gonna be scary, but with the brittle RBs we have, running out the clock is going to be dangerous.

Comment

I don't think it will be possible, because we know if we lead by 7 and its 3 quarter, we are going to run it 3x and then kick it back to the other team 100% of the time.
                            Originally posted by broncos SB2010
                            I doubt Chubb is high on their radar.

Comment

Originally posted by Chronoless View Post
                              I don't think it will be possible, because we know if we lead by 7 and its 3 quarter, we are going to run it 3x and then kick it back to the other team 100% of the time.
                              Lead by 2 scores, we run more.

Lead by 1, attack as usual.

I'm not sure where you are coming up with "we know" and "100%" of the time, were there example last season where in the 3rd up by 7, and EVERY time (100%) we ran the ball 3 time and kicked it?

Comment

Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post

Yah......a lot like this past year, but with even more skill......that's a scary (good) situation!!!

Not sure about 3 players over 1,000 yards. Doesn't matter. In fact, I think Peyton will have a field day utilizing a bunch of receivers. Teams can't defend speed, strength and abundance of good hands without sacrificing. Possibly our TEs will even get more load, because they will be open so often!

But you're right.....we built up leads and cruised to victories by killing the clock. And if folks can recall, in that amazing streak, once we got to the 4th Q in SD, every game was pretty much decided well before the clock expired. Sure, some teams were a TD away, but they never made it difficult. It was dominant football.......and guess what, we're better on O this year!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X