Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

With Welker, could Manning get 5200 yds and throw to 3-1000+ recievers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I assume he did, and am too lazy to look it up, but did Manning break Cutler's franchise record for passing yards in a season last year?

Comment

I really do not think that he is going to be close to those kinda stats......Brees did it with Sean Payton so they were wide open all the time. I think that PM is going to suffer cause I see us blowing out a lot of teams, and when we get far ahead Fox is going to just go to the 3 yards and a cloud of dust O.
      Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

Originally posted by japfaff View Post
        I really do not think that he is going to be close to those kinda stats......Brees did it with Sean Payton so they were wide open all the time. I think that PM is going to suffer cause I see us blowing out a lot of teams, and when we get far ahead Fox is going to just go to the 3 yards and a cloud of dust O.
        I believe Adam Gase is the new Offensive Coordinater and i recall him saying "we will push the pedel to the medal",on that note i think it's not far out of reach to put up amazing stats.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...6-aaf574b67e89

Comment

Unless the Defense is sucking it up, Manning won't see that kind of yardage. He is all about winning the game.. not chasing stats or running up scores. he'll do what needs to be done. If that means going to the air with Black and Decker/Welker he will. I doubt it though. The reason he had big passing yards in the past was because after Faulk left the Colts and Addai had one good season, the Colts rushing was mediocre at best. Had to rely on his arm.
          PROUND MEMBER OF THE MILE HIGH MANNING FIVEHEAD FAN CLUB! MEMBER #101!

Comment

Originally posted by BRONCOLT View Post
            The reason he had big passing yards in the past was because after Faulk left the Colts and Addai had one good season, the Colts rushing was mediocre at best. Had to rely on his arm.
            I hate to say it, but I think our run game is mediocre as well. Not saying Knowshon and MacGahee or not good, but I don't think they're dominant enough where I see us winning solely by running down teams throat. Peyton's gonna have to throw pretty often. Not to mention with our RB health concerns, we're asking for trouble if we get a lead and then run out the fourth quarter. Our RBs seem to be injury prone. Hopefully we make a move this offseason. The offense would seem to be top notch with an everydown healthy RB.

Comment

Can Denvers big 3 break 1000 yards each?

DT and Welker combined for over 1000 yards of yac last season , and Deckers a TD machine , can they all co exist while each breaking 1000? I say they can and will. The thoughts scary on paper. Manning with the best wr group he's ever had look out

Opinions?

Comment

There is already a thread like this. But yes...

Comment

Yes, and they will. And each will have 10+ TDs as well.

Comment

In an ideal situation, yes.

By that, I mean no injuries to any of them, Manning, or any of our key OL. If we have our 5 lineman in place like we did in 2011, than I see it happening. If any of the three go over 1,400, I can't see all three getting to 1,000. If one were to go under 1K, I believe it would be Decker.

If we have this feat accomplished, we will be the greatest show on EARTH. It would be a light show for real, and I would love to see teams try to stop us, with three receivers that can win underneath, and and three can get over top the defense, with the most cerebral quarterback in our game's history. I hope they're working on their timing as we speak, because if they hit stride in week one we could see the closest thing to unstoppable that we've seen from our offense in years, and maybe ever.
                    Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Comment

This offense will mirror the 2004 Colts in terms of production. If you recall, he "only" needed 4500 yards to get 49 TDs. I'm not so concerned with the yardage, but I think this team will be unstoppable in the red zone with Welker, and I think its going to show on the stat sheets every week. Odds are Manning will build on what he did last year, so assume close to 5000 yards, and I really do think he'll challenge Bradys 50. I mean, on a new team coming off a year off of football he came within 13. Now, I'm not going to guarantee it, but this team will have the ability to put up 30 in a half.

What it really comes down to in my opinion, is the defense and their ability to turn the ball over. If the can take the ball away more this year, especially early in games, they'll have an extra opportunity or two to put points on the board and really hammer teams early. I dont want to see us go all 2007 Patriots and run the score up for the sake of breaking a record, but I do believe the defense is good enough to give them extra opportunities early enough in games where Peyton and Co. will be watching Brock do work with a 40 burger on the board early in the 4th.

Comment

Originally posted by johntbronco View Post
                        Here is an interesting article that talks about the wide recievers. Looks like in 2004 Manning already had 3 1000 yard recievers: interesting!
                        http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ith-wes-welker

that was a really good read actually thanks for posting it.
                        GO BRONCOS AFC Champs!!!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoooJohnson View Post
                          In an ideal situation, yes.

By that, I mean no injuries to any of them, Manning, or any of our key OL. If we have our 5 lineman in place like we did in 2011, than I see it happening. If any of the three go over 1,400, I can't see all three getting to 1,000. If one were to go under 1K, I believe it would be Decker.

If we have this feat accomplished, we will be the greatest show on EARTH. It would be a light show for real, and I would love to see teams try to stop us, with three receivers that can win underneath, and and three can get over top the defense, with the most cerebral quarterback in our game's history. I hope they're working on their timing as we speak, because if they hit stride in week one we could see the closest thing to unstoppable that we've seen from our offense in years, and maybe ever.
                          I disagree, only a situation that is not ideal will produce 3 different 1000 yard receivers.

An ideal situation has us rushing for 2500 not passing for 5000.
                          Last edited by THEdraftnik; 04-08-2013, 01:07 PM.
                          Denver Broncos GM
                          Originally posted by Mosk
                          Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

Comment

That article was a whole lot to do with nothing. Basically just someone rambling for the sake of rambling.

Comment

Working...
                            X