Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I hope Del Rio sticks around for awhile.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope when Fox retires, Jack becomes our next Head coach!

Comment

It is awesome to have JDR at DC. We are fortunate.

I do not know what his motivation is for being here, but I hope he retires here. Get some jewelry, settle down.

Foxxy will always provide consistency on D.
      Waiting to hear from adoption agency

Comment

Originally posted by johnjoda View Post
        It is awesome to have JDR at DC. We are fortunate.

I do not know what his motivation is for being here, but I hope he retires here. Get some jewelry, settle down.

Foxxy will always provide consistency on D.
        I imagine its how it would have been if Nolan had been allowed to continue to improve our D, I just hope JDR shows loyalty like Keith Butler has with Pitt, he knows hes the heir apparent and because of that hes turned down jobs nearly everywhere else. Otherwise if we continue to improve on D, I dont see JDR lasting much longer here.

Still we have Jay Rodgers who Nunnelly believed was good enough to be his successor and has lived up to that expectation by developing Vickerson better then most would have imagined. Theres also his brother Jeff whose the ST coach but without Burns we dont have anyone who can replace him that well. Still I think if JDR leaves Jay is someone who like Gase has been groomed for the opportunity
        2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

I was sad to see Nolan go, but when we hired Del Rio, I was more than ecstatic. He has always been a great defensive coach, I think he will be around for a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
            I imagine its how it would have been if Nolan had been allowed to continue to improve our D, I just hope JDR shows loyalty like Keith Butler has with Pitt, he knows hes the heir apparent and because of that hes turned down jobs nearly everywhere else. Otherwise if we continue to improve on D, I dont see JDR lasting much longer here.

Still we have Jay Rodgers who Nunnelly believed was good enough to be his successor and has lived up to that expectation by developing Vickerson better then most would have imagined. Theres also his brother Jeff whose the ST coach but without Burns we dont have anyone who can replace him that well. Still I think if JDR leaves Jay is someone who like Gase has been groomed for the opportunity
            I am estatic to have JDR. He for the first time in years have stopped our D from being a big part of blow out losses. For all the love Nolan gets, it was only the first 6 games he was here that the defense was impressive. During the 2-8 stretch, it was the Defense that went from superstars to not so terribly impressive. I know that it is an unpopular notion here, but I didn't see a huge difference between the defense in the 2-8 stretch under Nolan and the 4-12 under Wink. Doom was a monster in those first 6 games and when opposition adjusted/he was lost for the season our D looked really bad.

What JDR has done here however is to take a D that under Dennis Allen were instrumental in huge losses, where we were blown out in 40+ point losses. The defense has been much more cohesive under Del Rio and I hope he stays around. Fox is not my cup of tea, but Del Rio is a great addition

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
              I am estatic to have JDR. He for the first time in years have stopped our D from being a big part of blow out losses. For all the love Nolan gets, it was only the first 6 games he was here that the defense was impressive. During the 2-8 stretch, it was the Defense that went from superstars to not so terribly impressive. I know that it is an unpopular notion here, but I didn't see a huge difference between the defense in the 2-8 stretch under Nolan and the 4-12 under Wink. Doom was a monster in those first 6 games and when opposition adjusted/he was lost for the season our D looked really bad.

What JDR has done here however is to take a D that under Dennis Allen were instrumental in huge losses, where we were blown out in 40+ point losses. The defense has been much more cohesive under Del Rio and I hope he stays around. Fox is not my cup of tea, but Del Rio is a great addition
              I agree. I don't mind Fox as long as he keeps Foxball out of Denver though. JDR needs to stay for sure, he's been great for us.
              Adopted Poster
              AZ Snake Fan

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosDivision View Post
                I agree. I don't mind Fox as long as he keeps Foxball out of Denver though. JDR needs to stay for sure, he's been great for us.
                You mean that ultra conservative crap like he had in the playoff game

Comment

You mean that ultra conservative crap like he had in the playoff game
                  Precisely.

Hindsight is 20/20 but win or lose, that's not football where I'm from. I like aggressive defense so hopefully we don't see any of that crap again. Peyton on O, JDR on D and Fox around his players, winning combo.

I know Peyton backed the decision but what he's supposed to say? Anyway, it's not gonna happen again.
                  Last edited by BroncosDivision; 04-05-2013, 09:24 AM.
                  Adopted Poster
                  AZ Snake Fan

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosDivision View Post
                    Precisely.

Hindsight is 20/20 but win or lose, that's not football where I'm from. I like aggressive defense so hopefully we don't see any of that crap again. Peyton on O, JDR on D and Fox around his players, winning combo.

I know Peyton backed the decision but what he's supposed to say? Anyway, it's not gonna happen again.
                    Fox does that a lot, I dont mind his belief in grooming rookies especially in leadership roles, but conservative play calling is what I feared most when he was hired. Gase, is young but hes been groomed well for the OC position and from what hes said, I expect a more high octane no bards hold offense

Comment

Fox does that a lot, I dont mind his belief in grooming rookies especially in leadership roles, but conservative play calling is what I feared most when he was hired. Gase, is young but hes been groomed well for the OC position and from what hes said, I expect a more high octane no bards hold offense
                      Yep.

I'm not at all worried about our offense, they'll roll and do their thing. What worries me is the possibility of Foxball in crucial situations. I would rather go out with a bang than play not to lose. Play aggressive, have no mercy on both sides of the ball.

If Fox needs any pointers, he should watch the Helicopter Dive by #7. Play to win coach, thanks.
                      Adopted Poster
                      AZ Snake Fan

Comment

Working...
                      X