Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trindon Holliday says he's is the fastast man in the NFL

Trindon Holliday says he’s the Fastest Man in the NFL

Trindon Holliday was the only player in 2012 to go undefeated in the regular season. He played his first five games with the Houston Texans (5-0) and his last 11 games with the Denver Broncos (11-0). After he was traded to the Broncos in week 6, he led the league in kick return average (32.5 yards per return), and in punt return average (10.8 yards per return).

Holliday had a 105-yard kick return for a touchdown against the Cincinnati Bengals, and a 76-yard punt return for a touchdown against the Carolina Panthers in the regular season. Then we all remember what he did in the divisional playoff game against the Baltimore Ravens with the longest kick return touchdown (104 yards) and the longest punt return touchdown (90 yards) in post season history.

Prior to his regular season and postseason performances, he had two touchdowns on punt returns and one touchdown on a kick return with the Texans in preseason. It’s hard to fathom why he was released in the first place.

With a unique season like that, Pro Football Talk had Holliday on their show on Monday. There, he said that he can run as fast as anybody in the NFL.

“Right now to be honest with you I don’t think there’s none in the NFL that’s faster than me.” – Trindon Holliday

Holliday was a star on the gridiron and on the track at LSU. In fact, he won the 2009 NCAA title in the 100-meter dash.

I’d be all for an NFL 100-meter dash reality show in the offseason. Imagine the interest it would draw.

http://predominantlyorange.com/2013/...an-in-the-nfl/
    Last edited by BroncoSexyDaddy; 04-02-2013, 11:55 AM.

Comment

He is probably right. He isn't just fast but he is quick. The last game against the Ravens he juked someone clean out of their shoes on the 104 yard return.
      sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

Originally posted by roushmartin6 View Post
        He is probably right. He isn't just fast but he is quick. The last game against the Ravens he juked someone clean out of their shoes on the 104 yard return.
        Imagine Welker and Holliday lining up on the field,it would be a lot of speed out there.I don't know if it could happen,but i can imagine what would happen.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoSexyDaddy View Post
          Imagine Welker and Holliday lining up on the field,it would be a lot of speed out there.I don't know if it could happen,but i can imagine what would happen.
          It may, remember holiday did line up on o a few times.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoSexyDaddy View Post
            Welker really isn't that fast though. He has good short area quickness, but he has never been a great straight line sprinter..

Comment

Originally posted by Captain_23 View Post
              Welker really isn't that fast though. He has good short area quickness, but he has never been a great straight line sprinter..
              This.

Welker is capable of getting deep for the opposite reasons of Holiday; because he sets up his routes to perfection. Holiday, on the other hand, should spend this offseason refining some of the routes he could benefit us with. Having both on the field would be lethal, because teams would have to honor Trindon's speed while also having to put a body on Welker, DT, and Decker.
              Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Comment

Welker is great because he is quick.. but he isnt FAST

Comment

Originally posted by elecshoc View Post
                  It may, remember holiday did line up on o a few times.
                  If my memory serves me correct he was lining up in the backfield too
                  sigpic
                  2012 Broncos Country Pick 'Em Challenge Champion

Comment

It will be a disservice if we don't find a role for Holiday on this offense. Gase will have a lot weapons to work with and with DT and Decker on the outside, Welker at one slot, teams have no choice but cover him one on one (unless its a zone). I see a lot of screens and drags in Holidays future. He's not too big, so you don't want him taking a bunch of hits, but he's gotta get some snaps on O.

Comment

Originally posted by champ&dreallday View Post
                      It will be a disservice if we don't find a role for Holiday on this offense. Gase will have a lot weapons to work with and with DT and Decker on the outside, Welker at one slot, teams have no choice but cover him one on one (unless its a zone). I see a lot of screens and drags in Holidays future. He's not too big, so you don't want him taking a bunch of hits, but he's gotta get some snaps on O.
                      We had him in the backfield for a couple plays in a game last year. I wonder if they stopped because they wanted to keep him fresh and not hurt because he is a deadly kick returner
                      sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

Originally posted by DENVER BRONCO56 View Post
                        Welker is great because he is quick.. but he isnt FAST
                        same can be said for stokley

Comment

I'm just imagining run after the catch yardage would be amazing.I could see Manning throwing quick screens to both players on blitz packages,they would pick up the yardage necessary to move the chains and avoid a sack.

I see a lot of mismatches our WR core would impose on the league.Coaches better really have their gameplan ready if they want to stop this offense.

Comment

I love Holliday.

That said, I'd like to keep him as a returner, with limited snaps as a WR. Think of the great returners of the last few years - Hall, Hester come to mind.

Both were deadly as returners. Both were very mediocre as WR's. But when they started spending time as WR's, their production on returns dropped drastically. Not saying that Holliday would for sure, but it is a concern of mine.

Let's keep his legs fresh for the returns IMO.

Comment

I have no reason not to believe him.

One of the reasons I would love for them to bring the skills competitions back during pro-bowl time.

Comment

Working...
                              X