Is denver done with Koppen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johntbronco View Post
    Money and age ALWAYS comes into consideration in these decisions, so FYI heres the scoop on money and age issues:

Koppen is fairly cheap as far as salary. His 2012 salary was 825K and he is currently a UFA. It probably would be not much more to sign him since he is older (33 years old).

Kuper is now in a contract with the Broncos until 2015 (30 years old).
    He is shceduled to make 5.4 million this year. If the broncos decide to cut him, they will incur 2.7 million of dead money. So...Kuper is pretty expensive given the fact that he has been hurt alot, but alot of that money we are going to take a hit on anyway.

Jd Walton is the young one in this group at 26. This is the last year of his contract and will cost 1.5 millon with minimal dead money if they cut him.
    IIRC the vet minimum that Koppen would earn is near 970K, about the same money that the youngest of the group would make..

I do not beleive that John would cut their future OC to save 600K. Both him and Fox have stated he is their starting OC, has anyone heard differently.

Comment

Originally posted by Garfield View Post
      fixed that for you..

Since his ankle injury and especially the last game he played in he is one of the worst OL guy we had on the roster..
      well how nice of you ....I bet you would cut him... here is a Idea i bet if you played a season on a never fully mended broken leg you might play not as good as usaly. He had a new screw put back in..

Comment

Originally posted by 56crash View Post
        well how nice of you ....I bet you would cut him... here is a Idea i bet if you played a season on a never fully mended broken leg you might play not as good as usaly. He had a new screw put back in..
        But until he proves that he's healthy again he's not going to be handed the starting job. He's going to have to earn it. But it's speculation at this point, because June 1st is the date he would be cut if he's going to be cut. Same thing for Joe Mays.

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
          But until he proves that he's healthy again he's not going to be handed the starting job. He's going to have to earn it. But it's speculation at this point, because June 1st is the date he would be cut if he's going to be cut. Same thing for Joe Mays.
          Fox plans on Kuper being on the team

Comment

Working...
          X