Plummer made it big time...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plummer made it big time...

As you guys already know Plummer was all over the place on ESPN last night. Sportscenter, PTI, Around the Horn etc. A few of the commentators (Wilbon, Woody Paige) even stated that Jake should be suspended a game for his antics Sunday. What do you guys think about that?
    http://i712.photobucket.com/albums/w...equenceyh5.jpg

sigpic

Originally posted by JHoward
    As you guys already know Plummer was all over the place on ESPN last night. Sportscenter, PTI, Around the Horn etc. A few of the commentators (Wilbon, Woody Paige) even stated that Jake should be suspended a game for his antics Sunday. What do you guys think about that?
    Suspended for a game? What morons. I've seen a lot of other things more deserving of a suspension than that.

Comment

Originally posted by JHoward
      Well... must be a slow day in the news.....

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
      2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Originally posted by AsianOrange
        Well... must be a slow day in the news.....
        They have to have something to talk about.

Comment

Suspended for being frustrated? None of those commentators have done something stupid while being fired up over something? Please. Yeah, he flipped off the fans who were booing him for a tipped ball interception. At least he didn'tjust take it with a "so what" attitude.

"Fans" need to get off Jake, he is not the sole problem with this team. Bad punting, shotty defense, receivers dropping passes...why isn't anyone calling for Champ Bailey to lose his job?
          I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Comment

Jake would be kicked off this board if he was one of us

Material that contains vulgar, obscene or indecent language or images

right from the Code of Conduct page.

So Jake would not be allowed to post anymore.

Robert

Comment

If I did that on my job,,,,I would be fired on the spot

If I flipped off a customer or a group of customers, especially publically, just because one of them made me mad,,,,welll,,,,,,I would be fired on the spot.

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by robmill
                If I flipped off a customer or a group of customers, especially publically, just because one of them made me mad,,,,welll,,,,,,I would be fired on the spot.

Robert
                Yeah, but Jake's not in sales, he's in the NFL. It's easy to keep the temper contained when one or two customers are pissing you off. Try have 75,000 customers booing you, accusing you of being the sole problem on the team. When clearly you weren't the sole problem. Think you'd be a little upset? I'm just happy he cares enough about it to be that pissed off.

Comment

There are people complaining about Champ's play. However, I think he has an out...no pass rush. Plummer doesn't have that. He just makes poor decisions and throws bad passes. This was just another example of his poor decision making. It was just plain dumb. He realizes it, and I bet that he doesn't do it again.

You are right, though. The Broncos problems should not be placed on Plummer. It is a team thing. They are underachieving. This is a coaching issue. I am not saying "fire Mike", but something needs to be done. The players just aren't motivated to play up to their abilities. There is NO WAY that Denver should have only won by 3 points against Miami at home.
                  Patriotic dissent is a luxury of those protected by better men than they.

Comment

not placing blame on jake

I'm not placing blame on anyone,,,,I'm not in sales,,,,,,I work for a large corporation,,,,bigger than the NFL probably.

I'm just tired of everyone holding Professional Sports Figures to a lower standard than the public and society holds me in my profession.

Even if I did it in front of co-workers,,,I would have at least been put on 6 months probation by personnal.

Robert

Comment

Don't think for one second that I haven't been frustrated by a lot of Jake's decisions. I know he's blown more than his share of plays, with nothing but on the spot stupidity to blame. But maye if some other guys stepped up and made big plays, he wouldn't feel that he has to make them all the time. He's still in that mindset after being on a team where he truly did have to make all of the plays. I just hate that everyone is trying to pin this season's disappointments on him and him alone. The entire team has had their moments of ineptitude. I don't enjoy watching them underachieve, but it's still better than being a fan of any other team.

Comment

Originally posted by broncosfaninaz
                        Don't think for one second that I haven't been frustrated by a lot of Jake's decisions. I know he's blown more than his share of plays, with nothing but on the spot stupidity to blame. But maye if some other guys stepped up and made big plays, he wouldn't feel that he has to make them all the time. He's still in that mindset after being on a team where he truly did have to make all of the plays. I just hate that everyone is trying to pin this season's disappointments on him and him alone. The entire team has had their moments of ineptitude. I don't enjoy watching them underachieve, but it's still better than being a fan of any other team.
                        Like the Cards, Niners, Bengals or Browns?

Comment

Originally posted by robmill
                          I'm not placing blame on anyone,,,,I'm not in sales,,,,,,I work for a large corporation,,,,bigger than the NFL probably.

I'm just tired of everyone holding Professional Sports Figures to a lower standard than the public and society holds me in my profession.

Even if I did it in front of co-workers,,,I would have at least been put on 6 months probation by personnal.

Robert
                          Well first of all if you work for a large corporation, good for you on that. Now your profession and a QB's profession are completely different... I dont know what your job is, but I am willing to bet that its probably not as competitive as Jake's job... what I mean by that is that you have to be one of the best in the country to do what he is doing, playing as a starting QB in the NFL... where as normal people like myself or most of the people on this board, who work for large corporations, even if we get fired, not a big deal, they can replace us... but unfortunately that does not work for a QB...

I agree with you that at the end of the day he is a sports figure, and they get more respect than normal employees do, but then again they are also more valuable to their organization than most employees who work for a large corporation. They have invested money & time in Plummer, cant just get rid of him for an obscene jesture... that does not mean that they dont warn him... i bet you if he does it again and again, action will be taken and he probably will be kicked out.

Comment

Well said, communist. Ask Eli Manning about the joys of being a starting QB in the NFL. Or Ty Detmer. Or Ryan Leaf. Or any one of the 43 starting QB's the Cardinals have used this year.

Comment

yeah they have invested alot of time and money in him, exactly the reason he shouldnt have done what he did, he's being paid millions to go out there and act like a professional, i could understand if he wasnt being paid a decent wage. While it doesnt deserve a suspension, a fine of some sorts is required.
                              "On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high."
                              Ayrton Senna..

Comment

Working...
                              X