Shaun Phillips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kona bronco View Post
    McGhee isn't getting cut, on paper he is still our best RB, Monte doesn't have a single NFL carry and still needs to learn the play book. He will play but a healthy McGhee will start.

Kuper on the other hand still won't get cut but will have 3 options. One take a pay cut and be a back up guard, two beat out Walton for the starting center job or three get traded to a team needing a plug and play day one starter at the guard position. Cutting him isn't an option.
    I'm not so sure about McGahee. It's not just his age and injury, but his fumbling issue is a huge issue. Montee is great at holding onto the ball, and is likely one of the reasons we took him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
      I'm not so sure about McGahee. It's not just his age and injury, but his fumbling issue is a huge issue. Montee is great at holding onto the ball, and is likely one of the reasons we took him.
      over his college career two fumbles total that could be Willis' number in a quarter..

of those two fumbles ONE was on a goal line stand where he tried to leap the goal line with the ball extended in both hands,, IMO pure luck that he was met mid air by a defender and it came loose.. BTW with that leap he was trying to set a NCCA TD total record.. Which he now owns..

sounds like a money ball kind of guy..

Do not get me wrong I really like Willis and expect him to be the main man for a couple more years but looks like we have his replacement..

Comment

• Did they introduce Shaun Phillips yet.....??????/
        I support Kaepernick 100%

Comment

• They got their second pass rusher. That's good.
          My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
          You Mad Bro?
          Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Originally posted by assassin216 View Post
            Did they introduce Shaun Phillips yet.....??????/
            I was wondering the same thing. Heard they had a conference call but haven't seen that posted anywhere either...

Comment

• Originally posted by Garfield View Post
              over his college career two fumbles total that could be Willis' number in a quarter..

of those two fumbles ONE was on a goal line stand where he tried to leap the goal line with the ball extended in both hands,, IMO pure luck that he was met mid air by a defender and it came loose.. BTW with that leap he was trying to set a NCCA TD total record.. Which he now owns..

sounds like a money ball kind of guy..

Do not get me wrong I really like Willis and expect him to be the main man for a couple more years but looks like we have his replacement..
              0% chance Willis is "the main man" for a couple more years. He'll be extraordinarily lucky to even make the roster, much less start. Moreno outplayed him by far last year and I fully expect either he or Ball to be the starter, with the other obviously being the backup and Hillman the change of pace. There is no place for McGahee to take many carries in this rotation, if any at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                0% chance Willis is "the main man" for a couple more years. He'll be extraordinarily lucky to even make the roster, much less start. Moreno outplayed him by far last year and I fully expect either he or Ball to be the starter, with the other obviously being the backup and Hillman the change of pace. There is no place for McGahee to take many carries in this rotation, if any at all.

Hide and watch.. he is a Wiley old veteran.. Who is still hungry unless they trade him He will be getting reps until the rook is ready yo displace one of the other RB's most likely noshow..

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoSexyDaddy View Post
                  For the money Phillips is the best signing.His base salary is only 1 million and 2 million in incentives.I guess it's only a 1 million cap hit.Where can you find a 9.5 sack guy with a 1 million base salary,let me know.

Facts

http://www.milehighreport.com/2013/4...ips-dirt-cheap
                  You cant, last time we signed a big name Defender to play DE from a division rival was in 97. His name is Neil Smith who had a whooping 6.0 sacks the year prior to joining and Alfred Williams had 4.5 the year before he was signed.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Garfield View Post
                    Hide and watch.. he is a Wiley old veteran.. Who is still hungry unless they trade him He will be getting reps until the rook is ready yo displace one of the other RB's most likely noshow..
                    We have to make sure hes healthy enough, remember all the problems Terrell Davis had after so many knee injuries. Hopefully McGahee is in alot better shape, not only to play football but for later on in his life!
                    sigpic

Comment

• I love this signing. Especially considering it pretty much eliminates signing Freeney. He's been much more productive than Dwight, has more left in the tank, and comes at about 1/6 of the price. Plus we didn't have a legitimate backup to Von now that Irving is back in the middle. Solid replacement for Elvis at DE in pass rush situations too.

Every defense needs someone to annoy the heck out of the other team and get in their heads. We haven't had that in a long time. He might be an annoying pain in the butt, but he's our annoying pain in the butt now.

Comment

• A good read on Phillips

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...%3A+Broncos%29

Comment

• Shaun Phillips lock TEs up at the line of scrimmage taking them right out of the game.This is a huge pickup,we got the right guy!

Comment

• I bet he can't wait to hit Rivers in his mouth lol
                            I will always be a Bronco fan--->

But my Heart is with the UK Wildcats-->

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoSexyDaddy View Post
                              Shaun Phillips lock TEs up at the line of scrimmage taking them right out of the game.This is a huge pickup,we got the right guy!
                              Agreed :thumb: Sirius just interviewed a Broncos sideline reporter (Andy L. ?) who when asked about the loss of Dumervil responded by saying Phillips was probably the best defensive signing in free agency. Lots of other very encouraging commentary about Welker and Julius T as well.
                              [sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X