Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

who will be the broncos best wr this season?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • who will be the broncos best wr this season?

    Understanding that best is a bad term... whose gonna be our best wr this season? I feel like thomas is the answer but its a fairly loaded question :-) who will be Manning's go to guy ? I think Thomas can have 1500 yards easy 12 -15 TDs ...95 recs

  • #2
    DT. Hes ready

    Comment


    • #3
      The guy who is already the best. Wes Welker. He is the most reliable, the best route runner and has the best hands. Plus he gives full effort all of the time. Our other guys need to improve. Demaryius Thomas needs to play to his size, become a better route runner and catch the ball better. Same with Eric Decker. He needs to find ways to get more seperation and become more reliable with his hands also.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
        The guy who is already the best. Wes Welker. He is the most reliable, the best route runner and has the best hands. Plus he gives full effort all of the time. Our other guys need to improve. Demaryius Thomas needs to play to his size, become a better route runner and catch the ball better. Same with Eric Decker. He needs to find ways to get more seperation and become more reliable with his hands also.
        When DT does reach his potential as a WR, which I believe he will, his ceiling is much higher than Wes' for sure, just due to the fact that DT's role is a big play receiver. Whether that time for DT is now or not is yet to be determined.
        Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

        Comment


        • #5
          Yeah we will see. That has been the argument from day 1 with him and despite the huge production last season I don't think he is all that great of a wideout. However I do agree with what you said. Hopefully it happens, and with a quarterback like Manning throwing him the ball he will get chances to grow.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
            Yeah we will see. That has been the argument from day 1 with him and despite the huge production last season I don't think he is all that great of a wideout. However I do agree with what you said. Hopefully it happens, and with a quarterback like Manning throwing him the ball he will get chances to grow.
            Thomas has has injury issues , but when on the field he's lethal. Welker should have a nice year but I think that Thomas will continue to get better he's on the verge of big money if he can put up 1400 -1500 yards again keep making yards after the catch. I think he repeats and another off season to practice pays off for him. Hope fully manning pranks him and they keep building chemistry.

            Comment


            • #7
              I think it depends on how you define "the best" wideout. Catches? Wes Welker could easily have 110 catches, he will be Manning's new safety blanket. Yards? DT could put up a 1500 yard season, he is getting better every play. Touchdowns? Eric Decker could come away with 15 TDs or better, he has been unstoppable in the red zone.

              One thing is for certain, our WR corp is awesome.

              If I had to put it to a vote, I would give it to DT.

              Comment


              • #8
                Thomas does things no other WR his size does like take screens to the house 80yds...

                Idky John doesn't at least give him credit where he's due...

                Welker will probably have a huge year too, but I still say Thomas

                I'll put it this way, I think our offense loses alot more if Thomas goes down over Welker (although I have faith in King as an outside WR)

                Both Thomas and Welker will likely have huge years but I gotta go with my guy Thomas

                Comment


                • #9
                  One difference between Welker and Thomas - toughness.

                  Once Welker catches the ball, he doesn't drop or fumble even a truck hits him. I have seen safeties and corners unload him but ball never comes out. See this.

                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&fe...&v=Kk7BL3V5KhA

                  I have seen Thomas drop with extremely mild hits. I hope he has worked on it during the off season.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    DT.. by a decent margin I would think.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by ManningForLife View Post
                      One difference between Welker and Thomas - toughness.

                      Once Welker catches the ball, he doesn't drop or fumble even a truck hits him. I have seen safeties and corners unload him but ball never comes out. See this.

                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&fe...&v=Kk7BL3V5KhA

                      I have seen Thomas drop with extremely mild hits. I hope he has worked on it during the off season.
                      Yeah Demaryius Thomas is scared with bodies around his legs. However I don't blame him with the injuries he has had to that part of his body. Also I don't think it really matters. If he is great at catching the ball and getting first downs I will take that instead of trying to get an extra 5 yards. People were critical of Brandon Lloyd for doing the same here however he was amazing at making tough catches.

                      Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
                      Thomas does things no other WR his size does like take screens to the house 80yds...

                      Idky John doesn't at least give him credit where he's due...

                      Welker will probably have a huge year too, but I still say Thomas

                      I'll put it this way, I think our offense loses alot more if Thomas goes down over Welker (although I have faith in King as an outside WR)

                      Both Thomas and Welker will likely have huge years but I gotta go with my guy Thomas
                      Yeah you are a great fanboy for Demaryius Thomas no doubt. He also doesn't do things guys his size do. Like win on jump balls or play big. I am still waiting for replies from you where you called me a hater regarding this, I asked you to name more then one or two jump ball wins for him after you said he is great at it Yet I am still waiting.

                      I give him props. However people give him to much props. He is good however needs to do a lot of things better before he is considered a better wide receiver then Wes Welker. Things which I have tried to inform you of in the past but you don't listen. His production last year is more indicative or being in an offense where he gets targeted a lot by a top quarterback in the game. Not his exeptionally pass catching skills, route running or smarts because he is lacking in those areas.

                      Originally posted by denversdivision View Post
                      Thomas has has injury issues , but when on the field he's lethal. Welker should have a nice year but I think that Thomas will continue to get better he's on the verge of big money if he can put up 1400 -1500 yards again keep making yards after the catch. I think he repeats and another off season to practice pays off for him. Hope fully manning pranks him and they keep building chemistry.
                      He is good. I wouldn't say lethal. His route running leaves room to be desired and that is why is not a top receiver in the game despite his stats. The pro bowl selection was based off that and I wonder if Fox being the coach had anything to do with that. Sort of like with Beadles. Both guys were undeserving last year. And when it comes to big money I wouldn't pay him it as of right now. Matter a fact I wouldn't pay no big money (10 Million Plus) to anyone at the wide receiver position. Just use a high draft pick and use money else where. And if Brock Osweiler is good after Peyton Manning goes he will be able to make guys look better then they are. Like Manning does.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by BroncoooJohnson View Post
                        When DT does reach his potential as a WR, which I believe he will, his ceiling is much higher than Wes' for sure, just due to the fact that DT's role is a big play receiver. Whether that time for DT is now or not is yet to be determined.
                        his ceiling is much higher than Welker? Welker, who had three consecutive 110-reception seasons (and has five total), is the first receiver in NFL history with at least three 110-reception seasons, and the first with five 100-reception seasons.

                        Saying DT ceiling is higher is kind of reaching at this point considering he hasn't hit 100 once yet and has only played more than half a season one time so far. Don't think I am down on DT but Welker is one of, if not THE, best WR of this generation.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                          his ceiling is much higher than Welker? Welker, who had three consecutive 110-reception seasons (and has five total), is the first receiver in NFL history with at least three 110-reception seasons, and the first with five 100-reception seasons.

                          Saying DT ceiling is higher is kind of reaching at this point considering he hasn't hit 100 once yet and has only played more than half a season one time so far. Don't think I am down on DT but Welker is one of, if not THE, best WR of this generation.
                          Whoa...best of the generation? Not even close. He's a very good slot receiver but you cannot make that claim with a straight face. I would not give Welker HOF consideration, and the best players at their position for a generation are usually first ballot. Welker is and always was a solid player. Don't think I would have ever had him top 5.
                          sigpic
                          Sig by Blondie79

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I pretty much disagree with everyone here. The Welker hype, the Welker downplaying, and downplaying DT. In regards to best WR it's DT.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by JaysusCutler View Post
                              Whoa...best of the generation? Not even close. He's a very good slot receiver but you cannot make that claim with a straight face. I would not give Welker HOF consideration, and the best players at their position for a generation are usually first ballot. Welker is and always was a solid player. Don't think I would have ever had him top 5.
                              He has the led the league in receptions 3 of the past 6 years and led the league in yards in 2011. name 5 better playing today. I would say Calvin Johnson and Roddy White would be up there and Welker right there with them.
                              Last edited by broncos SB2010; 05-11-2013, 09:10 AM.
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X