Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

who will be the broncos best wr this season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Matymaddog View Post
    I actually expect Tavarres King to have the highest avg per catch for us. While everyone is focused in on DT, Decker, and Welker. King will be beating safeties peaking at our stars deep.
    I agree with this 100%
    "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

• Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
      Brandon Marshall is better than 10 or 11 guys on that list of 12.

DT is considerably better than 3, arguable better than 4 or 5.

Yep, i forgot about Marshall and V-Jax. They both should be there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matymaddog View Post
        I actually expect Tavarres King to have the highest avg per catch for us. While everyone is focused in on DT, Decker, and Welker. King will be beating safeties peaking at our stars deep.
        What you think about Andre Caldwell?. I actually heard Adam Gase speak about him very highly and he mentioned Caldwell was injured last year during training game and it affected him getting into the main roster.

Comment

• Originally posted by ManningForLife View Post
          What you think about Andre Caldwell?. I actually heard Adam Gase speak about him very highly and he mentioned Caldwell was injured last year during training game and it affected him getting into the main roster.
          I like bubba Caldwell and he does have the deep speed but I see him more as a speedy slot guy who can catch it deep or get yards after catch as that's what he was while with the bengals and filled that role in training camp last year. He has great speed though and really seems to be working hard to carve out a role on the team.

Comment

• Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
            Dude should probably get on the field first. It will be easy to set the high average though when you have two catches for 40-50 yards on the season.
            That's pretty much my thought. He won't be on the field much therefore won't get the ball much outside of a few deep targets in various packages. I could see him getting somewhere around 15-20 catches this year with limited targets. About 3 or 4 head scratching drops.

Comment

• DT is the teams best receiver, he just hasn't reached his full potential but as a lot of ppl dont seem to realize last season was like his first complete season really.. and he was in a offense in college where the receivers didnt run complicated routes, because its an option offense. he went deep basically all the time in college. with that being said he def. improved his route running from what it was idc what anyone says about that watched him play all last year. when DT reaches his potential, he'll be great. That being said welker is going to get us yards that we didnt pick up last year because his catching and route running is phenomenal im sure decker will have a good amount of TD's so its hard to really say 1 is the best, but id have to say its DT. (they are all good in alot of different things so its hard)

Comment

• When i mentioned DT is not Top 10 yet, there are some members who took extreme offense to it and said he is Top 5. Well, here is what the fellow players think ( keep in mind, this is all players, no fan voting ). I am sure players know it better.

DT is ranked 68th. The WRs ranked ahead of DT so far.

Dwayne Bowe
                Victor Cruz
                Vincent Jackson
                Wes Welker
                Roddy White
                Dez Bryant

The following WRs have not been voted yet and most probably are in the Top 30.

Calvin Johnson
                Larry Fitzgerald
                AJ Green
                Julio Jones

Based on this, he is not Top 10. Like i said, he fixes his stuff and shows improvement this year, he will break into it.

Comment

When i mentioned DT is not Top 10 yet, there are some members who took extreme offense to it and said he is Top 5. Well, here is what the fellow players think ( keep in mind, this is all players, no fan voting ). I am sure players know it better.

Dwayne Bowe
                  Victor Cruz
                  Vincent Jackson
                  Wes Welker
                  Roddy White
                  Dez Bryant

Calvin Johnson
                  Larry Fitzgerald
                  AJ Green
                  Julio Jones

Based on this, he is not Top 10. Like i said, he fixes his stuff and shows improvement this year, he will break into it.

You are still arguing over something that is purely opinion? So just because it is voted by players makes it better?

Don't forget Tebow made that list. So by your logic because he made that list he could be in contention for top 15 QB. Players opinions are still opinions and im going to guess they forget players.

But any ways I think DT will take yards Decker will take TDs and Welker receptions

Adopted Broncos:
                  (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                  (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                  (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                  Adopted posters:
                  Everyone

Comment

• The players also voted Patrick Peterson better Darrelle Revis, Champ Bailey, Richard Sherman and Charles Tillman

Last year, Joe Thomas, the perennial top LT in the game was like 78th...I don't take the list too seriously, they don't even know what they're voting on if they did they wouldn't have Revis at 60 something

Oh yeah and Vernon Davis at 38?? He has a ton of ability but he's never consistent
                    Last edited by #24 Next Champ; 06-07-2013, 01:36 PM.

Comment

When i mentioned DT is not Top 10 yet, there are some members who took extreme offense to it and said he is Top 5. Well, here is what the fellow players think ( keep in mind, this is all players, no fan voting ). I am sure players know it better.

Dwayne Bowe
                      Victor Cruz
                      Vincent Jackson
                      Wes Welker
                      Roddy White
                      Dez Bryant

Calvin Johnson
                      Larry Fitzgerald
                      AJ Green
                      Julio Jones

id take DT over Bowe and VJ, I do not count Cruz or Welker as they are a different type of WR. But if I had to just pick between DT or cruz or Welker, Id still prob take DT, as its easier IMO to find a slot guy.

I would put DT, White and Dez all right there behind those other guys. Id take DT over white ONLY because Roddy is getting Older, but im not sure about Dez. If Roddy was same age as DT, id prob take Roddy.
                      So far:
                      FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                      1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

• Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
                        id take DT over Bowe and VJ, I do not count Cruz or Welker as they are a different type of WR. But if I had to just pick between DT or cruz or Welker, Id still prob take DT, as its easier IMO to find a slot guy.

I would put DT, White and Dez all right there behind those other guys. Id take DT over white ONLY because Roddy is getting Older, but im not sure about Dez. If Roddy was same age as DT, id prob take Roddy.
                        Is it really easier to find a slot WR though? How many noteworthy slot WRs are there in the NFL? Cruz (but he lines up on the outside a lot too), Welker, Amendola, and Cobb are the only ones I can really think of that put up big numbers.

Comment

Dwayne Bowe
                          Victor Cruz
                          Vincent Jackson
                          Wes Welker
                          Roddy White
                          Dez Bryant

Calvin Johnson
                          Larry Fitzgerald
                          AJ Green
                          Julio Jones

That list doesnt include Marshall who Im sure will be up with the top guys.
                          But outside of doing it for longer, Jackson, Bowe, and even Roddy White dont do anything now, thats any better than what DT does.
                          Is he top 10 maybe...is he top 12 perhaps....is he top 5...depends on who you ask. But one thing is for certain he is an elite player and a top WR. The exact number is subjective, but the message is clear.

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                            Is it really easier to find a slot WR though? How many noteworthy slot WRs are there in the NFL? Cruz (but he lines up on the outside a lot too), Welker, Amendola, and Cobb are the only ones I can really think of that put up big numbers.
                            Harvin, plus probably Austin...I think there's no question that it's harder to find a DT than a good slot WR

Comment

• Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
                              Harvin, plus probably Austin...I think there's no question that it's harder to find a DT than a good slot WR
                              I see a lot more WRs like DT out there than good slot WRs. Almost every top WR in the game today has a similar game as DT. Yet there's only a handful of good slot WRs in the whole league.

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                                I see a lot more WRs like DT out there than good slot WRs. Almost every top WR in the game today has a similar game as DT. Yet there's only a handful of good slot WRs in the whole league.
                                Idc if their game style is like DT's....there's only 2 other WR'S that are 6'3+ 235lbs+ and move as fast as him while still being great receivers...

I believe slot WR's are easier to find...now obviously there is only one Welker but overall DT is more valued than any slot WR and the contracts reflect that

Comment

Working...
                                X