Come June 1, Who Are We Signing????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Come June 1, Who Are We Signing????

If anyone, who do we sign when June 1 rolls around, and salary caps are potentially rearranged with player releases?

Of course, the horse before the cart, or the chicken before the egg.......which means we could also discuss who will no longer play here. I guess Mays is vulnerable, as is one of our RBs. That's the hard part......which one? Not a new topic for sure......and although I keep hearing McGahee, who really knows? Could be Moreno. I lean towards keeping Knowshon.

And if we move some players out, and save some decent cash......who's next to wear Orange & Blue? Woodson could help in the backfield. Freeney's still on the prowl, and being entertained again. I doubt Abraham's in the cards. And some of us don't mind a lower paid Urlacher.

Then again, could be more about depth. Never have enough of that.

I am not in the majority here, but if we could get Freeney for lower salary and incentive based, I feel confident we would be able to force QBs all over this league. And same with Urlacher.....a reduced salary and incentive based as well, would get him for reasonable dollars. He would be a force on run downs, and provide leadership, especially on those cold late season days, when you need more than talent. As for Woodson, could we play him at Safety, if need be?

Lots of questions. Lots of age related concerns. Do we add one more dash of "seasoning" to a talented squad? Or do we acquire more depth, with less age and possibly more upside from a physical perspective?

Long story short.....I think we should add to the roster, come June 1. This is fine-tuning time, and we are a "fine" group as it is.

Doesn't this depend on who is available? I would think lots of teams will cut many over priced personal and there will be a few more that might interest us available.
    A better header might be "who will our Broncos cut after June 1st? I think you probably keep hearing Moreno from Moreno haters. I don't look for him or McGahee to get cut until toward the end of camp. I hope Kuper doesn't get cut but I don't see him starting this season and I don't think Denver will pay that kind of money for a backup.
    Last edited by Kansas Bob; 05-11-2013, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Quincy McDuffie wore #14 in college, yet he is wearing #16 for the Broncos which makes me believe #14 was not presented as an option. Is this a sign that Brandon Stokley might be signed in the near future? Last season only 2 active WRs played on special teams. They were usually Holliday as a returner and Willis covering kicks. Tavarres King will probably take Willis' spot on special teams. Holliday will continue to return kicks. Maybe Stokley will take Caldwell's spot as the inactive receiver and become a veteran insurance during the season.
      sigpic

Comment

I don't know about signings, but I could see Mays and Kuper being cut.

If Woodson decides to play for a super bowl at a reduced rate, I would love to bring him in. At SS, He would round out our secondary nicely, having Champ, DRC, Harris, Rahim, and Woodson on the field at once would be nice.
        Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Comment

Originally posted by Kansas Bob View Post
          Doesn't this depend on who is available? I would think lots of teams will cut many over priced personal and there will be a few more that might interest us available.
          A better header might be "who will our Broncos cut after June 1st? I think you probably keep hearing Moreno from Moreno haters. I don't look for him or McGahee to get cut until toward the end of camp. I hope Kuper doesn't get cut but I don't see him starting this season and I don't think Denver will pay that kind of money for a backup.
          Yes it does depend on who's available, after other players are released. But I am simply talking about what we know today, and who may go and who we may still have an interest in. A better title is your opinion.

And to further respond to you, you can qualify those we do not know about as of today, as depth to our lineup. And that being the case, do you have any suggestions as to which position(s) we might be trying to address.

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
            Quincy McDuffie wore #14 in college, yet he is wearing #16 for the Broncos which makes me believe #14 was not presented as an option. Is this a sign that Brandon Stokley might be signed in the near future? Last season only 2 active WRs played on special teams. They were usually Holliday as a returner and Willis covering kicks. Tavarres King will probably take Willis' spot on special teams. Holliday will continue to return kicks. Maybe Stokley will take Caldwell's spot as the inactive receiver and become a veteran insurance during the season.
            I like Stokley a lot.......so does Peyton.

Comment

We still need another safety. That should be our top prioirty.
              :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post

good possibility.

Comment

Does anyone know what Charles Woodson's demands for a contract? He is not getting the demand he thought he was going to get and I wonder if he is bringing his price down.

Comment

Originally posted by johntbronco View Post
                    Does anyone know what Charles Woodson's demands for a contract? He is not getting the demand he thought he was going to get and I wonder if he is bringing his price down.
                    I'm not sure, but the money saved from cutting two of Kuper, Mays, and McGahee should more than do it.
                    Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Comment

no, we don't. Adams, Carter, Moore, Ihenacho, and Webster (possibly). They may sign one, but we don't "need" one.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                        no, we don't. Adams, Carter, Moore, Ihenacho, and Webster (possibly). They may sign one, but we don't "need" one.
                        Those five players are mostly trash. They don't even equal one decent Safety. We "NEED" a safety.

Comment

Originally posted by sethro109 View Post
                          Those five players are mostly trash. They don't even equal one decent Safety. We "NEED" a safety.
                          Moore was fantastic last season minus one play in a game where even Champ struggled.

If Carter comes back from injury like he did in the playoffs 2 years ago he's a starter.

Those two could easily be our starting tandem for years.

Adams is a serviceable starter and that makes him an excellent backup.

Webster and Nacho, okay, yeah, complete unknowns. One's still technically a corner.

Could we use another Safety? Sure. Do we NEED one? No way.

Comment

Originally posted by JerseyBronco58 View Post

that could be said for just about any position. We have a fairly complete team. we have no glaring needs on paper.

Comment

Originally posted by JerseyBronco58 View Post
                              Moore was fantastic last season minus one play in a game where even Champ struggled.

If Carter comes back from injury like he did in the playoffs 2 years ago he's a starter.

Those two could easily be our starting tandem for years.

Adams is a serviceable starter and that makes him an excellent backup.

Webster and Nacho, okay, yeah, complete unknowns. One's still technically a corner.

I hope everyone realizes that we have two Carters playing the same position anyway with that said Quentin Carter not (Tony Carter) is a beast of a play maker assuming he's completely recovered from his knee injury but after that hopefully he's able to play after the whole cheating incident in Las Vegas. That'd be the only reason we go hunting for a safety after June 1st. Not against bringing Woodson in though.

Comment

Working...
                              X