Who is the better Center J D Walton or Koppen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is the better Center J D Walton or Koppen

I have been thinking about this the whole offseason.Who should be our center going into the season.Should we resign Koppen or go with J D Walton.Who is the better center? Thoughts!
    J D Walton
    32.08%
    Koppen
    67.92%

I will take Koppen.He did a fairley decent job and i hope he gets resigned for another season.

Comment

I felt better about the pass protection with Koppen and he did a good job directing the OL and helping Manning during the no-huddle.
      sigpic

Comment

Koppen. JD Walton is below average and just isn't very good.
        sigpic

Comment

I wanted Koppen over Walton before the injury and made it well known...the fact that it actually happened was interesting ...but, I wasn't super impressed with Koppen either (but I do still give him the nod) I'm SO TIRED of seeing Walton give away every snap with his head nod...

Anyhow I'd keep both n let them battle it out in camp along with Kuper

Now that I think of it...I'd really like to see Kupe get a shot there

Comment

I think Koppen may be slightly better, but it is questionable if the talent gap between them is worth benching a younger player with some potential.

I'd rather have Walton, but they'd both be suitable.

Comment

I think they should sign Koppen just for depth, at the worst, I have zero faith in anyone else besides Walton at OC unless Kuper can play OC as well. I think they will be switching to a predominantly ZBS and I think that will fit Walton much better so I believe he will improve.
              sigpic

Comment

I dont know much about Walton and based on the feedback by fellow members here, he isnt that special either.

Koppen is a proven commodity. He is a 2 time SB champion and knows what it takes to play with an elite QB with no huddle offense and did a good job for us last year. I am a bit surprised he isnt signed.

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised is Koppen is a late-camp signee. I like Koppen as well.

Comment

Walton by a mile. Koppen was terrible in the run game.

Comment

Originally posted by Matymaddog View Post
                      Walton by a mile. Koppen was terrible in the run game.
                      Agreed. Most fans don't want Walton because of previous years but he was playing very well last year before the injury. There's a reason they didn't resign Koppen and have openly stated it will be a competition but at this point Walton is the starter
                      A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

Originally posted by crash123go View Post
                        Agreed. Most fans don't want Walton because of previous years but he was playing very well last year before the injury. There's a reason they didn't resign Koppen and have openly stated it will be a competition but at this point Walton is the starter
                        This is my thought too. That and Koppen being so much more seasoned is not necessarily a good thing. JD was playing quite well before his injury last year and at his younger age definitely has the potential to grow and get better for the next few seasons.
                        sigpic

Comment

I have no clue. From what I have seen last year I'd definitely say Koppen but I don't think I have a profound knowledge of the guys' current relative skillset.
                          "Brady... drops back... sees receiver wide open... and throws it away"

Comment

Kuper. Put the 5 best OL on the field.

Comment

I am not an OL personnel expert as others have admitted. But it didn't take an expert to see the immediate, drastic improvement in the entire offense's play last year when Koppen came in the game. Night and day.

Comment

Working...
                              X