Who is the better Center J D Walton or Koppen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    Pretty hard to say that when he only played 4 games.
    Doesn't matter, he may have been our best lineman before his injury, idk how he got so much better but he did. No wonder the FO feels comfortable with him. I hope we get him resigned ASAP
    A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

I think Ramirez played some center in preseason last year.I just want to note that just in case people are not aware of it.The ideal is,Ramirez at 6'3 313 Lbs"Bigger than Walton and Koppen", will be our center until Walton shows he is ready.If Walton is not ready,it is a possibility Koppen gets signed.

Comment

People always talk about how they want their linemen to have a mean streak. Walton has never been as bad as people made him out to be. Beadles used to be absolutely pathetic and Walton got a lot of heat for it from the fans. Beadles improved a lot and was actually good out there last year and Walton looked a lot better. I'd like for Kuper to contend for the C spot though. I think he could win it if he's completely healthy.

Edit: All that being said, we should still bring Koppen back. O-line depth is not a bad thing at all. And should an injury occur, it's a lot better to have a veteran that has experience over someone unproven at the position.

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
          People always talk about how they want their linemen to have a mean streak. Walton has never been as bad as people made him out to be. Beadles used to be absolutely pathetic and Walton got a lot of heat for it from the fans. Beadles improved a lot and was actually good out there last year and Walton looked a lot better. I'd like for Kuper to contend for the C spot though. I think he could win it if he's completely healthy.

Edit: All that being said, we should still bring Koppen back. O-line depth is not a bad thing at all. And should an injury occur, it's a lot better to have a veteran that has experience over someone unproven at the position.
          at kupers cap hit unless he redoes his contract he is gonzo..

as soon as he/they can each an injury settlement he will be released

They did not just pay big money for his replacement just to "TRY" him at OC.. that is a lateral if that move for the OC position.. JD was showing his stuff last year when he got injured, the improvement in Beadles play came from one spot the new OL coach expect much the same from JD when he comes back.

I suspect you failed to get that memo..

Comment

Originally posted by Garfield View Post

They did not just pay big money for his replacement just to "TRY" him at OC.. that is a lateral if that move for the OC position.. JD was showing his stuff last year when he got injured, the improvement in Beadles play came from one spot the new OL coach expect much the same from JD when he comes back.

4.5 mil is nothing for us to keep especially when if we cut him it frees up around 2 mil. We have more than enough cap room currently to sign anyone on the FA market, we'll have enough when people start getting cut in training camp. There's no reason to cut him, having experienced depth on the o-line is a great thing to have. Whether he backs up Beadles or backs up Walton, it does not matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Garfield View Post

If kuper is 100% he will most likely take beadles position. I know a lot of fans are head over heals for beadles but in the starting lineup of clady, beadles, Walton, Vasquez and Franklin beadles is the weak point
              A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

Working...
              X