Why so much hate for montee ball?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why so much hate for montee ball?

Why is there so much bashing in the media and fans against montee ball like he's not even going to be a decent running back? I keep hearing people say he's never going to be a probowl type RB and will only be serviceable while a RB like doug martin who was drafted in the first round last year and is basically the same RB and is a little little faster but is the same style yet did less against weaker competition in college.
    A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

I don't read into any of that. Don't really care either.

Going into his senior year, I had my doubts too. He put them all to shame in what I think was his best year in college, despite fewer tds, yds and ypc. And no, he's not a big back but he's a strong back and has got strong bones. Couple that with his feet, vision and overall elusiveness and there's something to be excited about.

He will be a franchise back for us and end up as Broncos' all-time rushing leader! I'm willing to take a sig bet or cp bet on this.
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosDivision View Post
      I don't read into any of that. Don't really care either.

Going into his senior year, I had my doubts too. He put them all to shame in what I think was his best year in college, despite fewer tds, yds and ypc. And no, he's not a big back but he's a strong back and has got strong bones. Couple that with his feet, vision and overall elusiveness and there's something to be excited about.

He will be a franchise back for us and end up as Broncos' all-time rushing leader, I'm willing to take a sig bet or cp bet on this.
      I don't think he will have much impact this year because its just fact that fox doesn't use rookie RB. With the reports that hillman got a lot bigger in the offseason and that he is a very talented RB I expect him to start with Moreno and ball subing in
      A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

We'll see.

I think he'll make an immediate impact.
        Adopted Poster
        AZ Snake Fan

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosDivision View Post
          We'll see.

I think he'll make an immediate impact.
          I agree......maybe not game one or two, but early on for sure. Let the horse run!! (Please, no horse jokes!!!)

Here's the deal.....good first year backs need little time to ramp up. They are like a hot new car.....all ready for a road test. Leaving them in the garage means you are saving them for something special (which in this case could translate to rust / missed opportunity) or you just don't like showing off.

As the late great John Riggins said, running backs know what to do. Just give them the ball.

Comment

I expect ball to start as they have stated multiple times he is an every down back and Elway has dropped subtle hints that he believes ball will start for us

Comment

I don't think he'll start immediately like CanDB said maybe not his first 1-2 games.

I don't understand why everybody flipped out when we drafted Ball over Lacy either. Ball is extremely durable, smart runner, wayyyy more experience, and yes they both had great O-Lines. You know who else has a great O-Line? The Broncos. I don't care if Ball isn't flashy, he's a great guy with a great attitude and is ready to put in the work.

He'll be our RB for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                I agree......maybe not game one or two, but early on for sure. Let the horse run!! (Please, no horse jokes!!!)
                No no, by immediate, I mean his first season
                Adopted Poster
                AZ Snake Fan

Comment

I don't see it as hate toward Montee Ball as he isn't the RB or player the person expressing the message wanted. If a person wanted us to draft Lacy or Franklin then anyone we drafted was a mistake and a bust in their opinion. Also Moreno has had some terrible luck with injury that any high round RB we get is going to be down played. Also he doesn't have the blazing speed that most fans want in their teams RB.
                  Denver has the best fans in the world BUT if someone doesn't perform up the their expectations they come down on him as a bust. If Ball doesn't gain 1500 yards the first year, expect to hear the "B" word immediately! lol

Comment

Originally posted by Kansas Bob View Post
                    I don't see it as hate toward Montee Ball as he isn't the RB or player the person expressing the message wanted. If a person wanted us to draft Lacy or Franklin then anyone we drafted was a mistake and a bust in their opinion. Also Moreno has had some terrible luck with injury that any high round RB we get is going to be down played. Also he doesn't have the blazing speed that most fans want in their teams RB.
                    Denver has the best fans in the world BUT if someone doesn't perform up the their expectations they come down on him as a bust. If Ball doesn't gain 1500 yards the first year, expect to hear the "B" word immediately! lol
                    I agree with every word. Ill have to CP when I get that capability back

Comment

He's not Eddie Lacy, that's why.

Comment

Originally posted by causticon View Post
                        He's not Eddie Lacy, that's why.
                        You're right and thank goodness he's not.
                        Follow me on Twitter
                        @gmoney8150 Personal account

My Broncos account @All_DenBroncos

^^^Follow^^^

Comment

PRO DAY:
                          Ball may have earned himself a much nicer paycheck, after breaking 4.5 seconds on both of his 40-yard dash attempts. He went 4.49 on his first run and 4.46 seconds on his second, both of which were much faster than 4.66 he posted in Indianapolis. Combined with his 4.11 shuttle run, Ball did just about everything he could to answer the questions scouts had about his speed and quickness.
                          http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-dra...13-montee-ball

Comment

Ball is going to start immediately for us. I do not know why people think otherwise.

If we drafted lacy would you expect him to start right away? Yes.
                            If we drafted bell would you expect him to start right away? Yes.
                            So why not Ball.

Its been said that we want a 3 down back, one who we will not have to sub out, thus allowing us to keep up our high tempo offense. Especially when manning goes no huddle and catches teams tired or in a look he likes. Ball does that for us.

He will start from day 1 and he will be a bowss! If anyone hates- then let them. They will be quiet real quick.
                            So far:
                            FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                            1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

Originally posted by crash123go View Post
                              its just fact that fox doesn't use rookie RB.
                              Yeah, may be Fox need to be more Un Fox going forward.

Time to realise he has to adapt a bit to win a title.

About time, John Elway should say to Fox what he said to Tebow - "Pull the trigger".

Comment

Working...
                              X