Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peyton's Renegotiated Contract

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Originally posted by fullcollapse View Post
    Hey, you're the one who introduced that arbitrary "playoff manhandling" qualifier.
    "Blowout playoff losses after winning SB" seems even more arbitrary.
    All that is moot however, as Rodgers was not manhandled in that playoff game (see his 91.5 rating.)

    You're right about your last point though, Manning wasn't considered elite until the 2003 season.
    Arbitrary?. Whatever you say.

    Comment


    • #92
      Again, Rodgers receivers were not "decent" they are very good as is he. The offensive line problems are overblown, they have plenty of guys and just drafted two more talented players despite being set at guard and tackle. They will never have much of a run game, it's simply mike mccarthy's system. Even with Lacy and Franklin I don't expect then to lean on the run much. Packers in recent years have had very good defenses. they suffered injuries to key players like the ravens did. Flacco won a Super Bowl in less years than Rodgers and manning, does that make him better? I don't get that point. Brady had won 3 superbowls in the amount of time Rodgers won 1, yet Rodgers is better? Still don't get that contradicting point. It is an opinion and as m4l pointed out, you clearly don't value leadership much, moreso physical skills. Lets wait till this next year plays out. When sherrod is healthy, they have players to run the ball and the defense is healthy

      Comment


      • #93
        Originally posted by Matymaddog View Post
        Again, Rodgers receivers were not "decent" they are very good as is he. The offensive line problems are overblown, they have plenty of guys and just drafted two more talented players despite being set at guard and tackle. They will never have much of a run game, it's simply mike mccarthy's system. Even with Lacy and Franklin I don't expect then to lean on the run much. Packers in recent years have had very good defenses. they suffered injuries to key players like the ravens did. Flacco won a Super Bowl in less years than Rodgers and manning, does that make him better? I don't get that point. Brady had won 3 superbowls in the amount of time Rodgers won 1, yet Rodgers is better? Still don't get that contradicting point. It is an opinion and as m4l pointed out, you clearly don't value leadership much, moreso physical skills. Lets wait till this next year plays out. When sherrod is healthy, they have players to run the ball and the defense is healthy
        Cant argue with this.

        Comment


        • #94
          Rodgers does have a good group of receivers, but the offensive line problems are legitimate despite the high draft picks.

          Rodgers is a top 3 QB. Would only put him behind Brady.
          Go Broncos!!!:thumb:

          Comment


          • #95
            Originally posted by Iron Clady View Post
            Rodgers does have a good group of receivers, but the offensive line problems are legitimate despite the high draft picks.

            Rodgers is a top 3 QB. Would only put him behind Brady.
            Riley Reiff is a good player. I understand Derek Sherrod missed his entire last season but TJ Lang and Sitton are solid if not above that. Don't mistake Rodgers penchant for being mike Vick like with holding onto the ball forever

            Comment


            • #96
              Originally posted by Matymaddog View Post
              Riley Reiff is a good player. I understand Derek Sherrod missed his entire last season but TJ Lang and Sitton are solid if not above that. Don't mistake Rodgers penchant for being mike Vick like with holding onto the ball forever
              Guessing you meant Bulaga since Reiff plays for Detroit. Bulaga and Sitton have been good in the past, but beyond those 2 the blocking has been average at best. There's a reason they keep bringing in OL through the draft and FA (Saturday).
              Go Broncos!!!:thumb:

              Comment


              • #97
                Brian Dawkins has said on Sportscenter the past few days that Rodgers is the best QB in the league. While I don't like to point to purely what players say since the existence of that crappy Top 100 players list shows they aren't exactly the most knowledgeable people, it is outrageous to say Rodgers is not a top 5 QB.

                The accuracy, the command of the offense, the decision making, the velocity on his throws, the mobility and ability to throw on the run are all superb. This guy has been playing at an elite level for a few years now.
                Go Broncos!!!:thumb:

                Comment


                • #98
                  Originally posted by Iron Clady View Post
                  Guessing you meant Bulaga since Reiff plays for Detroit. Bulaga and Sitton have been good in the past, but beyond those 2 the blocking has been average at best. There's a reason they keep bringing in OL through the draft and FA (Saturday).
                  Meant Bulaga, who I have always liked more at guard than tackle but he can play tackle. Derek Sherrod was pretty solid for a rookie and then suffered injury. He will be back. TJ Lang is not a joke, he is solid. Not to mention they have a fair amount of young talent, as you have said they keep bringing in OL via the draft. Center, like I said is the huge question mark for the packers. Rodgers also holds onto the ball for a heck of a time, often standing in the pocket to take the big hit to make a play. He has a heck of a release but he also plays in a passing game that doesn't call for the snap pass that guys like Manning and Brady do. If he doesn't like something in rythym, he has the arm and release to make the play so he takes quite a few sacks. He's kind of like Jay Cutler with that or Brett Favre. Guys that always had a fair amount of sacks whether a solid o-line or not.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X