Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One surprise player to make our final roster.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JBBronco1 View Post
    Where does it say that? I checked his Rotoworld page, and there was nothing of the sort.
    http://www.nfl.com/transactions

As for my surprise player, I think its going to be C.J. Anderson.

Montee Ball, Ronnie Hillman, C.J. Anderson, Knowshon Moreno, Jacob Hester are the backs I think make it if we keep 4 running backs and a FB this year. But if we utilize Hester more like a RB/FB, we could end up only keeping 3 RBs and 1FB/RB hybrid. In that case I really see it coming down to Moreno and C.J. Anderson. I really think they like Hester as a FB

McGahee and Ball are gone.
    Last edited by Botan; 05-22-2013, 12:05 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

• I think with Mario being cut the surprise to make the team will be C.J. Anderson. As an CFA and a guy who was production, skill on top of being young and healthy. He is exactly what the Broncos need. Think I'm wrong? Look back on last years games when we had to lean on L.Ball or J.Hester. Both proved to be useless. I personally like the idea of using a TE as a FB. I think it gives us better options at that position in case Tamme or Joel get hurt.

Comment

• Originally posted by JW7 View Post
        Come back to this thread at the end of August when Fannin is no longer a Bronco and Ball retains his roster spot.
        Didn't have to wait long for that, did I, Mattymaddog.
        sigpic

Comment

• Julius Thomas and Mario Fannin are like Greek mythycial creatures....we keep hearing how talented they are, how much upside they have, how much they 'flashed' in the past, yet combined they have done exactly NOTHING in the NFL to date. How we could possibly count on them for anything is a mystery to me.

Fannin, in particular has exactly NO SHOT to make this roster, IMO. He's about the 6th or 7th best RB option on the roster at best. Thomas may get another year simply because he was a fourth round pick of the current administration, but the question of if he will deserve it will be a different one altogether.

Comment

• Originally posted by JW7 View Post
            Didn't have to wait long for that, did I, Mattymaddog.
            Again, I said if healthy. Clearly he wasn't healthy and Lance Ball had yet to make the final roster so yes, you will be waiting

Comment

• And I even said myself multiple times that neither should make the roster. So nice try. Lance Ball has not made the final roster

Comment

• Too bad we couldn't convince Pryor to come to Denver over Jacksonville

Lonnie Pryor heard from Tampa Bay, St. Louis Houston and Denver during the final round of the draft

Comment

• After going back and watching some UCLA games, I think Aaron Hester is too talented to not make this team. He's got great size for a CB and he's really good in press coverage. Long speed isn't a problem for him either. If he didn't have to play so much zone I think he would have been mentioned with the top CBs in this draft. He beat Levine Toilolo on a jump ball and Toilolo is 6'8". If nothing else he may be able to cover TEs effectively.

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                    After going back and watching some UCLA games, I think Aaron Hester is too talented to not make this team. He's got great size for a CB and he's really good in press coverage. Long speed isn't a problem for him either. If he didn't have to play so much zone I think he would have been mentioned with the top CBs in this draft. He beat Levine Toilolo on a jump ball and Toilolo is 6'8". If nothing else he may be able to cover TEs effectively.
                    Now, that's bold. So who do you think gets the ax from the secondary to make room for Aaron Hester? Mike Adams? Quinton Carter? Tony Carter? Quentin Jammer?

Comment

• Originally posted by RSH View Post
                      Now, that's bold. So who do you think gets the ax from the secondary to make room for Aaron Hester? Mike Adams? Quinton Carter? Tony Carter? Quentin Jammer?
                      I don't expect Jammer to make the team, if he does he'll beat out Mike Adams so basically both of them will not make the roster. Honestly I think Bruton may be the odd man out even though we just re-signed him. He's purely a special teams player and unless he shows something on defense I can't justify keeping him over someone who can contribute on defense as well as special teams. Bolden was terrific on special teams last year, I think Hester/Webster can both be very good contributors there as well so I don't think we'd lose a ton by cutting Bruton. Tony Carter could end up being cut as well because the team does want to get bigger at CB. Even though Webster is 5'10" or whatever, his arms were some of the longest at the combine.

But all this is if everyone stays healthy and I highly doubt that'll happen. There will be some injuries that will make room for some guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                        I don't expect Jammer to make the team, if he does he'll beat out Mike Adams so basically both of them will not make the roster. Honestly I think Bruton may be the odd man out even though we just re-signed him. He's purely a special teams player and unless he shows something on defense I can't justify keeping him over someone who can contribute on defense as well as special teams. Bolden was terrific on special teams last year, I think Hester/Webster can both be very good contributors there as well so I don't think we'd lose a ton by cutting Bruton. Tony Carter could end up being cut as well because the team does want to get bigger at CB. Even though Webster is 5'10" or whatever, his arms were some of the longest at the combine.

But all this is if everyone stays healthy and I highly doubt that'll happen. There will be some injuries that will make room for some guys.
                        I also see Jammer and Adams not making the team, unless injuries occur
                        "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Working...
                        X