McGahee Skipping OTA's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McGahee Skipping OTA's

Perhaps he sees the writing on the wall?

Source: Rotoworld.

BTW...

I think letting him go is the smart play. Moreno showed a lot at the end of the season last year and hes good in pass protection.

I think its the smart move.

Originally posted by Gsam View Post
    Perhaps he sees the writing on the wall?

Source: Rotoworld.

BTW...

I think letting him go is the smart play. Moreno showed a lot at the end of the season last year and hes good in pass protection.

I think its the smart move.
    Agreed, plus Moreno has shown more as a team oriented guy when faced with diversity like last year.

Maybe mcgahee has already been informed that he will be released after June 1st
    A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

Loved mcgahee when he came here but Its time to move on to the younger backs good luck to him wherever he goes

Comment

Originally posted by captainbronco View Post
        Loved mcgahee when he came here but Its time to move on to the younger backs good luck to him wherever he goes
        I agree with this, I really liked McGahee as well but after Morenos performance later into last season, it'd be ludicrous to release him.

Comment

Or maybe he's a veteran. It's not unusual for vets to skip OTA's

Comment

Yah, I'm pretty convinced that McGahee will be released. He was a good back for us, but age and injury are not on his side. Moreno has injury problems too, but he did prove himself last year as a true team player, and had he stayed healthy in the playoff game, I am convinced we win. And I love his play on pass downs.....he can block and catch with skill.

I say start Montee. Lets believe in this pro ready back, just like many teams have in their rookie backs, with great success.

This will provide us with a potential star RB from day one, complimented by a more mature Hillman (I expect more this year), and a proven load carrier (Moreno). And if Hillman improves his blocking, we will have three complimentary pass down backs.

So, I expect Willis to be the guy to go shortly.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
              Yah, I'm pretty convinced that McGahee will be released. He was a good back for us, but age and injury are not on his side. Moreno has injury problems too, but he did prove himself last year as a true team player, and had he stayed healthy in the playoff game, I am convinced we win. And I love his play on pass downs.....he can block and catch with skill.

I say start Montee. Lets believe in this pro ready back, just like many teams have in their rookie backs, with great success.

This will provide us with a potential star RB from day one, complimented by a more mature Hillman (I expect more this year), and a proven load carrier (Moreno). And if Hillman improves his blocking, we will have three complimentary pass down backs.

So, I expect Willis to be the guy to go shortly.
              Actually, Moreno going down against the Ravens and Hillman unable to pick up short yardage could be attributed to why Ball was drafted and RB was regarded so highly in the draft.

Comment

Not to take anything away from McGahee as I appreciate everything he has done for Denver but he appears to be the odd man out. There is a stable of hungry young backs ready for an opportunity. I foresee Monte and Moreno splitting carries, Fox going with the hot hand approach. Hillman really impressed me last year when he had to step up in a high pressure situation and will compliment as a COP guy. And that leaves a battle royale for the 4th spot (I think we will carry 4) and the PS.

Needless to say I can't wait for TC to watch how things play out at the running back position.
                sigpic

Defense wins championships

Comment

I don't think McGhee is going anywhere unless he injuries hold him back from his potential , McGhee isn't know to attend teams OTAS ever or conditions programs he does his own thing and train at Miami U. Think people are reading to much into him not attending

Comment

This is the part I hate most about the NFL.

If McGahee gets released I see the reasoning why, still sucks though. He is a very serviceable player for us but age and injury take it's toll eventually. If he does get released I mile high salute him to wherever he goes.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosTX77 View Post
                      Actually, Moreno going down against the Ravens and Hillman unable to pick up short yardage could be attributed to why Ball was drafted and RB was regarded so highly in the draft.
                      Good assessment. I thought that way too (that's not why it's a good assessment)

Originally posted by DarkHorse26 View Post
                      Not to take anything away from McGahee as I appreciate everything he has done for Denver but he appears to be the odd man out. There is a stable of hungry young backs ready for an opportunity. I foresee Monte and Moreno splitting carries, Fox going with the hot hand approach. Hillman really impressed me last year when he had to step up in a high pressure situation and will compliment as a COP guy. And that leaves a battle royale for the 4th spot (I think we will carry 4) and the PS.

Needless to say I can't wait for TC to watch how things play out at the running back position.
                      I love the youth movement in the backfield. Moreno doesn't qualify for that label, but when he is healthy, he plays with energy. Might motivate the younger guys, although they should be motivated.

Originally posted by Ehveek03 View Post
                      I don't think McGhee is going anywhere unless he injuries hold him back from his potential , McGhee isn't know to attend teams OTAS ever or conditions programs he does his own thing and train at Miami U. Think people are reading to much into him not attending
                      I am not reading the OTA situation into the equation. I just think Willis has run his course here. He is too vulnerable now, at his age, and fumbling is not winning him friends.

Comment

I like Willis but he's too old and had too many significant injuries with his fumble problem as of now. Moreno's not an overall improvement but that's why we drafted Ball.

Plus, getting rid of McGahee will give us more cap space to extend Clady, and that's way more important.
                        :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                        sigpic

Comment

I don't take this as a sign to come. He's a vet, and he historically skips OTA's and works out on his own a lot like Clady, Bailey, etc.

I still think he will be released though.
                          sigpic
                          2012 Broncos Country Pick 'Em Challenge Champion

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosTX77 View Post
                            Hillman had a solid game against the Ravens. Even the Broncos staff have gone on record post draft as saying they were rather impressed with the momentum Hillman ended the season with. It was Jacob Hester that couldn't get the short yardage. Ronnie Hillman was not called upon to get the short yardage.

22 carries for 88 yards (Long of 11 yards) vs. 8 carries for 11 yards (Long of 2 yards)

Comment

Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
                              I like Willis but he's too old and had too many significant injuries with his fumble problem as of now. Moreno's not an overall improvement but that's why we drafted Ball.

Plus, getting rid of McGahee will give us more cap space to extend Clady, and that's way more important.
                              We already have the cap space. Releasing Joe Mays will give us even more space.

Comment

Working...
                              X