McGahee Skipping OTA's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
    Yup, he's just improving his chances of getting cut, not because this makes him look bad to the team but because it lets those he's competing against have more time to show why we don't need him.
    nobody really shows anything during OTAs. TC is where things actually get started.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by RSH View Post
      I keep reading that McGahee skipped OTAs last season, but I don't believe that to be true. See http://www.procanes.com/files/5fab96...f0c-12038.html.

Ha! too funny! So does that mean that McGahee's agent was lying when he said that he always skips OTAS????

Comment

• Originally posted by johntbronco View Post
        Ha! too funny! So does that mean that McGahee's agent was lying when he said that he always skips OTAS????
        That was the only time I can remember McGahee reporting. I remember when there were some chirps about McGahee wanting a new contract after his first year, and a lot of people ripped him for it when he didn't show up for OTAs. McGahee routinely works out in Miami in the offseason, he always has, most Miami players do.

Comment

• someone probably already mentioned this but i didn't want to read 9 pages of posts to find out...i was a little disappointed to see McGahee post a photo of him trying to snowboard (and failing according to him) on Twitter, only a couple weeks ago. It seems that while rehabbing a knee injury, again, a person might want to avoid an activity like snowboarding. it seems.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncos1963 View Post
            someone probably already mentioned this but i didn't want to read 9 pages of posts to find out...i was a little disappointed to see McGahee post a photo of him trying to snowboard (and failing according to him) on Twitter, only a couple weeks ago. It seems that while rehabbing a knee injury, again, a person might want to avoid an activity like snowboarding. it seems.
            He also posts pictures of him working out, pulling cars, etc. all the time. Maybe he's learning how to snowboard because he anticipates being here in the winter time. He looks to be very healthy right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
              He also posts pictures of him working out, pulling cars, etc. all the time. Maybe he's learning how to snowboard because he anticipates being here in the winter time. He looks to be very healthy right now.
              All that matters is that Willis is ready to go when it counts, and I believe he will be. He knows this will be his last, best shot at a ring. I expect McGahee to come out ballin

Comment

• Didn't we have a thread like this last year? I could have swore he skipped last year as well because he trains on his own.

Side note: it's not good that he's not with the team though I sort of dont see him making the team.
                Follow me on Twitter
                @gmoney8150 Personal account

My Broncos account @All_DenBroncos

^^^Follow^^^

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                  Most pictures don't bother me: working out, even pulling cars, etc. are controlled movements that are part of a rehab/strength process. It's easy to stop should something feel a little strange. But, falling while doing a dynamic activity leaves a person with no control of the angles and or impact to vulnerable joints...like a busted knee.

But, hey, he's a grown-up, so he can do what ever he likes (even though many professional sports contracts specifically forbid most activity like that). I expect Denver will rely on M. Ball, Hillman, and L.Ball for next year, unless something significant changes before the season begins, with Anderson and Johnson as the depth/practice squad guys.

Comment

• I believe Johnson's eligibility for the PS expired going into this season. I also believe Hester will be leaned on more than Lance Ball

Comment

• Originally posted by Matymaddog View Post
                      I believe Johnson's eligibility for the PS expired going into this season. I also believe Hester will be leaned on more than Lance Ball
                      I think you're right about Johnson, I forgot about that. You might be right about Hester too - I hope you are. I like Hester more than L. Ball but Ball seems to always gain the coaches confidence and get some playing time.

Comment

Most pictures don't bother me: working out, even pulling cars, etc. are controlled movements that are part of a rehab/strength process. It's easy to stop should something feel a little strange. But, falling while doing a dynamic activity leaves a person with no control of the angles and or impact to vulnerable joints...like a busted knee.

But, hey, he's a grown-up, so he can do what ever he likes (even though many professional sports contracts specifically forbid most activity like that). I expect Denver will rely on M. Ball, Hillman, and L.Ball for next year, unless something significant changes before the season begins, with Anderson and Johnson as the depth/practice squad guys.
                        I imagine he's pretty much done with his rehab. He's working on getting in shape for the regular season now. He would have played if we advanced in the playoffs. And apparently Denver doesn't put those clauses in their contracts because Clady tore his patella playing basketball. Plus he's just beginning as a snowboarder, I doubt he's trying to fly down mountains or anything. He's a Florida boy, I'd be surprised if he did more than stand on the snowboard to be honest. I doubt he hurts himself snowboarding or doing any other activity, he knows how crucial this year is in his career.

Comment

someone probably already mentioned this but i didn't want to read 9 pages of posts to find out...i was a little disappointed to see McGahee post a photo of him trying to snowboard (and failing according to him) on Twitter, only a couple weeks ago. It seems that while rehabbing a knee injury, again, a person might want to avoid an activity like snowboarding. it seems.
                          I'm less worried about his knee than I am his ability to hold onto things...He can post all the snowboarding pics he wants to if he also starts posting pics of holding onto things and not letting go.
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X