WRs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WRs

I think we have a really good group of WRs and would like a alot of them to make the team but I know we can't keep them all, we know DT, DECKER AND welker will make the team as well as Holliday, me personally I like Caldwell because of his speed and I seen flashes of him in Cincinnati being good and when he was at Florida but most of u will count him out because of his twitter rant and that he didn't play much last year...T. king highlights looked good for playing in the SEC..... G.Robinson reminds me a little of brandon Marshall the way he is built and plays, this McDuffie kid looks fast as heck on his tape and like he could be a steal/ sleeper to make the team. Who do you guys have making the team? And why.

I understand Orton looked good today at OTA's. It will be interesting to see who wins out. We might be cutting some really good WR's late in August. Outside of Welker our WR core is nice and young and lots of young ones backing them up.

Comment

DT,Deck, Welker those are obvious locks. T-king in my eyes for sure makes it. Holliday I don't think you can keep him off the team with a performance like last year. I think it all comes down to if they want to keep 6 WRs. Gerrel Robinson would be that guy if we keep 6.

Edit
      Orton seemed to have a good day. Would not count him out he looked good last year too.
      Last edited by Tarheel23; 05-20-2013, 05:52 PM.

Comment

I'm not counting Caldwell out because of his twitter rant, I'm counting him out because he's not a good WR. Despite his speed, he struggled to average 10 ypc in Cincy. He drops a lot of passes and doesn't run good routes. Greg Orton and Gerrell Robinson are going to beat him out this year

Comment

Ok I can understand that but like I said I saw flashes of him being able to be a pretty decent wr kind of like ayers and his pass rush ability. But we will see.. I like orton also reminds me of chad Johnson the way he runs routes

Comment

I see Caldwell and Willis will getting cut
            "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Besides DT, Decker, and Welker, I think we have a nice reserve of receivers.

Tavarres King is my favorite as a 4th WR. I'd have to think Trindon Holliday makes the roster solely because of his extraordinary returning talent, even though I've seen flashes of what he could do on offense with his two catches. McDuffie doesn't look too big, so if he is primarily a returner, I'd expect him to be a camp body or a practice squad WR, despite his impressive camp showing. I like what I see from Greg Orton, it is nice to see him being patient with his opportunities. Gerrell Robinson was somebody I liked last year, but he'll have to really prove his worth in preseason again. Caldwell has talent, but he might just be a free agent bust unless he impresses in TC and preseason.

So here's what I think our WRs will look like goin into Week 1.

1. Demaryius Thomas
              2. Eric Decker
              3. Wes Welker
              4. Tavarres King
              5. Trindon Holliday
              6. (PS/Inactive) Greg Orton

1,000th post.
              2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
              Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

Comment

Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
                I see Caldwell and Willis will getting cut
                Matt Willis? He isn't on the team anymore. Last I heard he had a tryout with his good buddy McDaniels in New England.

I think we carry 5 WR's due to the fact that Jacob Tamme is essentially our 6th wideout.

1. Thomas
                2. Decker
                3. Welker
                4. King
                5. Holliday

Either Robinson or Orton land on the practice squad.

Comment

Greg Orton vs. Taverres King sounds like its gonna be a good battle for the #4 WR spot..

Other than that, I think we all know what the rest of the group looks like.

Comment

To me it comes down to who would Manning trust more if one of the big two in Decker and Thomas went down with injury and Orton seems like the guy for the job. We already know pretty much 5 of the guys that will make it in Thomas, Decker, Welker, King (you don't use a draft pick on a guy unless you plan on him sticking with the team long term), and Holiday. So that pretty much leaves one spot between Orton and Robinson. Orton at least at this time is the better route runner and has the more consistent hands. He just looks like a Manning type WR.

My hope is the Broncos can store Robinson on the practice squad and that this year he won't get snatched up. The kid has some potential and especially the fact that he has that connection with Oz already makes it to where in a few years as he keeps developing he could really find a place on this roster.

Comment

I guess I forgot about Caldwell but it just seems like the team is moving on from him. Caldwell is known as a speedster to help stretch the field which is exactly what King can do for this offense. Again I just don't see why the Broncos would use a draft pick on a kid unless they actually planned on him either being a part of the team this year or at least in the near future. This position really is the deepest it has been in years.

Comment

I don't think Caldwell makes the team because I believe they will want to develop younger players. King, Robinson, and McDuffie all seem to have good potential and I think one or two of them make the team as developmental players.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Den615 View Post
                          Matt Willis? He isn't on the team anymore. Last I heard he had a tryout with his good buddy McDaniels in New England.

I think we carry 5 WR's due to the fact that Jacob Tamme is essentially our 6th wideout.

1. Thomas
                          2. Decker
                          3. Welker
                          4. King
                          5. Holliday

Either Robinson or Orton land on the practice squad.
                          I think they go with another young WR to play special teams.

Comment

I like Robinson over Orton, I hope he makes it
                            "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Originally posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
                              Greg Orton vs. Taverres King sounds like its gonna be a good battle for the #4 WR spot..

Other than that, I think we all know what the rest of the group looks like.
                              Well it was just one day of camp. I think king makes it n Orton and Robinson battle

Comment

Working...
                              X