Reminder: Rahim Moore was really good in 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reminder: Rahim Moore was really good in 2012

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade of negativity, but here's an interesting perspective on Moore's production in 2012. Personally, I don't really put too much stock in many of PFF's numbers.

But I think it's clear that Moore's gaffe in the playoff game is making people vastly underrate his ability. In addition to these numbers, keep in mind that he flew around the field like a mini Brian Dawkins all year after barely being able to tackle his rookie season.

I think we have a starter here and a guy who's hungry to be a great player. Rather than writing him off as a weakness like many uninformed fans tend to do, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that he'll be an asset for us this year.

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/prim...y-good-in-2012

Douglas Lee May 21, 2013 10:00 AM
    Secret Superstar: Rahim Moore
    www.profootballfocus.com

A year after spending some Sundays as a healthy scratch, Moore played more snaps in 2012 than any other Broncos defender. Often lining up deep as Denver’s last line of defense, Moore allowed just 0.46 Yards Per Coverage Snap and surrendered a first down or touchdown on only 1.64% of his snaps. At the same time, he frequently showed the speed and instincts to provide support against backfield screens. And when he got to the point of attack, he sealed the deal.

After amassing 11 missed tackles in 43 attempts in 2011 (including the playoffs), Moore had just eight in 96 attempts in 2012. Amazingly, he’d transformed himself from one of the worst-tackling safeties in the league into one of the best. And with a +9.0 grade in the regular season that tied for the 10th-highest of any safety, he was one of the more promising young defenders in the league. This would have been the lasting image of Moore heading into the upcoming season, except for the outcome of one play.

We're obviously not done hearing about that play, and frankly, it will continiue to be a sore spot no matter how many SB titles potentially follow it (Michael Dean Perry, you're still not off the hook). But Rahim Moore is just 23 years old, and there's no reason to think he can't live up to his pre-draft billing, if he hasn't already.

I think the majority of the board believes in Moore. I highly doubted him after his first year but was surprised by his improvement in his second year. I think he actually was by far the most improved player on last years roster. Lets hope he continues to build and get better.
    sigpic

Comment

He very well could perform this year but thats all speculation. Time will tell.

I am putting my money on DRC for deep ball and Chris Harris over all. I am not trusting Champ with deep ball. After i saw how Torrey killed him with speed on 2* 7 points plays. I could have driven a car in between.

Comment

Originally posted by ManningForLife View Post

I am putting my money on DRC for deep ball and Chris Harris over all. I am not trusting Champ with deep ball. After i saw how Torrey killed him with speed on 2* 7 points plays. I could have driven a car in between.
        The point of the article is that - outside of that one play - HE DID perform last year. "Speculating" that he won't perform is more misguided than saying that he'll be better - given the improvement level he showed last year.

And If Baltimore doesn't stonewall our pass rush all game, I doubt any of that ever happens.

Dumervil and MIller were basically just shut down, which no one likes to talk about. Prater missing the FG and Peyton throwing a pick were also just as much to blame.
        Last edited by IBeWriteGood; 05-21-2013, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ManningForLife View Post

Huh?

Champ had a bad game. Moore had a bad play. They both Had great Seasons... it's not speculation if it already happened.
          sigpic
          2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Another thing we don't want to admit is Flacco torched every team in the playoffs with the deep ball.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IBeWriteGood View Post
              The point of the article is that - outside of that one play - HE DID perform last year. "Speculating" that he won't perform is more misguided than saying that he'll be better - given the improvement level he showed last year.

And If Baltimore doesn't stonewall our pass rush all game, I doubt any of that ever happens.

Dumervil and MIller were basically just shut down, which no one likes to talk about. Prater missing the FG and Peyton throwing a pick were also just as much to blame.
              This is what you said in Quotes.

"I think we have a starter here and a guy who's hungry to be a great player. Rather than writing him off as a weakness like many uninformed fans tend to do, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that he'll be an asset for us this year.
              "

You mentioned he will be an asset. That is why i said its speculation at this point. Time will tell.

Your understanding of what i said is misguided.

Also, point of this thread according to you is Rahim Moore not who was the reason we lost Ravens game. If you want to talk about all the reason we lost, put the headline such a way.
              Last edited by ManningForLife; 05-21-2013, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
                Huh?

Champ had a bad game. Moore had a bad play. They both Had great Seasons... it's not speculation if it already happened.
                I was referring to the future. I know speculation wont apply for past.

Comment

I was pissed at Moore for that mental mistake and one bad PI call he made in the first couple weeks but other than that he was really good. Tony Carter didn't jam Jones at the LOS on that play either. I think our Del Rio will work on giving the safeties a little more help and Moore has only used that play as determination. I saw him in and interview and he looked beefier, reminded me a lot of Lynch. With another offseason and time to reflect on that I think he will be a lot smarter and more mentally prepared and his maturity level has increased. He's going to have a big season this year.

I'm a lot more worried about Sam Adams, Quinton Carter and whoever else will be playing back there.

That whole game left a terrible taste in every Broncos fans mouths and most of the player (and Fox) who made or called bad plays got less than their fair share of berating if compared to the flak Moore has taken. Does anyone else remember that Prater missed a FG at a terrible time, Fox made terrible coaching decisions, Champ got burned and Manning threw that ridiculous INT in overtime on 2nd down when he could have just thrown the ball away?
                  Last edited by Houshmazode; 05-21-2013, 10:48 AM.
                  :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanNC View Post
                    Another thing we don't want to admit is Flacco torched every team in the playoffs with the deep ball.
                    Well said. He did torche every one.

Comment

Moore is more motivated than ever. You could hear it in his voice in the interview the other day.

I believe in the kid and wish him nothing but the best. He loves the organization and he loves his teammates and it sounds like he is ready to make up for his mistake.

Ill be rooting hard for #26 this year.
                      Go Broncos

Comment

Originally posted by Broncs_for_life View Post
                        Moore is more motivated than ever. You could hear it in his voice in the interview the other day.

I believe in the kid and wish him nothing but the best. He loves the organization and he loves his teammates and it sounds like he is ready to make up for his mistake.

Ill be rooting hard for #26 this year.
                        All Broncos fans should be. He's taken a lot of undeserved crap and the media won't let it die.
                        sigpic

Comment

Rahim is going to be just fine. The FO believes in him, too...

Comment

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/...ce=rsshomeblog

Last year, Broncos rookie running back Ronnie Hillman was the youngest player in the NFL. He was so young, a year later, he’s still the youngest Bronco even younger than the current crop of rookies. And second-year quarterback Brock Osweiler is younger than the Broncos’ two rookie backups. And how about this: Third-year safety Rahim Moore is younger than rookie draft picks Sylvester Williams, Quanterus Smith, Vinston Painter and Zac Dysert:
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
                              All Broncos fans should be. He's taken a lot of undeserved crap and the media won't let it die.
                              I think Moore was greatly improved last year and I look forward to seeing how he responds this year. I am saying now that I believe he will use it as motivation and become a solid starter. That said, when you make such a bonehead play on such an easy play and it costs your team the playoffs and maybe SB, you can expect a lot of crap. The question with me about him is not will he play well all year, its if he is tested in a position like last year with everything on line will he let it get to him and blow it or will he respond to the challenge. I guess we will have to wait and see, I am believing in him and think he will step up with all the pressure on but until it happens we won't know.
                              My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Working...
                              X