Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ummmmmmm.....Moore 'really good'??

How many INT's did he have?

Weren't the Broncos among the worst teams in the League defending the TE, primarily a safties responsibility??

I guess I have a different definition of 'really good', because Moore certainly wasn't that
    Last edited by Idiot_Kicker; 05-22-2013, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Idiot_Kicker View Post

Weren't the Broncos among the worst teams in the League defending the TE, primarily a safties responsibility??

I guess I have a different definition of 'really good', because Moore certainly wasn't that
      So Moore isn't good because he only had 1 pick (2 less than the elite Earl Thomas/Dashon Goldson), and because the team collectively wasn't great against TEs. Didn't know Moore played both safety spots, also covered TEs as a LB sometimes, and sat with JDR to design the defensive scheme.

People hate him based on one play, whether they realize it or not.

Comment

"No that was NOT Rahim Moore guarding Lebron on that last play."

They got jokes haha.
        sigpic

Comment

Manning, Bailey, Dumervil and Prater all had good years too, they all stunk in that game against the Ravens
          A Classic.... :thumb:
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanNC View Post
            "No that was NOT Rahim Moore guarding Lebron on that last play."

They got jokes haha.
            yea, crap like that is going to happen when someone makes that big of a mistake. The thing about those mistakes though is people forget them fairly quickly when you play well consistantly.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IBeWriteGood View Post
              That's pretty exciting, IMO.

We have a 2nd round pick who appears to have the physical tools and made immense strides last year, turning the weakest part of his game (tackling) into a strength. Not many young guys can do that. I think a lot of people forget how awful Moore was in the open field tackling area his rookie year.

He's got plenty of time to burgeon into a consistent staple in the defense, if he hasn't already. 23 years old? Jesus. He's got more than a decade left in this league if he stays healthy.

Can't wait to see how he respond to the gaffe.
              Me neither. Everyone knows that the play wasn't the sole reason the Broncos lost but everyone knows that if he makes that play, the Broncos win. He took one on the chin but he didn't sulk, he stood up there like a man and acknowledged his failure and promised to work harder to be better.

He'll be fine and hopefully he'll have a Super Bowl this year for his efforts.

Comment

Rahim made a huge mistake, one of the worst I've seen. It's over and time to worry about this season. However, saying he was really good in 2012 is a stretch to me. I can't recall many great or game changing plays that he made. He's a Bronco so I support him and hope has a great year, but I don't recall many really good plays from him. The greatest (only) compliment I usually hear is that he got so much better from his rookie year. He missed a ton of tackles his rookie year and improved on that last year. His coverage is still a little shaky. Just because he can now tackle, doesn't mean he's really good to me. Earl Thomas/ Dashon Goldson put fear in QBs and WRs because they cover well and when a catch is allowed, they lay the wood (especially) Goldson.

I hope Rahim improves this season again, but I don't think his play so far (forgetting all about the Jacoby TD) has locked up a safety position as many have assumed. If he earns it this summer great, but I'm not one to say he was great last year and is a lock at the position.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosAreMyFavorite View Post
                  Manning, Bailey, Dumervil and Prater all had good years too, they all stunk in that game against the Ravens
                  Yet the only one people Blame the game on is Moore. I gotta admit I was upset at moore too, but now that I think about it Bailey, Dumervil, Prater, and our DL who couldn't put pressure in the middle were bad too. Manning, I can live with.

Comment

Originally posted by PhoenixDread View Post
                    Are you trying to say that we need access to film to be able to form an opinion on a player? How about saying I actually watch the guy on Sundays? Is that good enough or not?
                    -
                    Absolutely isn't good enough. Because you only really see safeties when they screw up.

Watching film is the only way to truly evaluate a player - yes.

So, you're basically admitting that you don't know what you're talking about.

If you're ever interested in informing yourself rather than being a part of the mob who is only concerned with selective observation - dive on in: http://www.nfl.com/coachesfilm

Also, if you don't know any NFL/college coaches or players, get in touch with a local high school coach on how you grade film. They aren't as good at the pros, but they can be of some help.

Everyone would be better football fans if they know what they were looking for before forming opinions about things they know little/nothing about.

The surprising conclusion is that Moore, by all measurable standards, had a good year...regardless of the one playoff gaffe that wouldn't have even mattered had Peyton not thrown a pic in overtime, or had Champ not been burned or had Prater not missed a kick, or had our offensive line been able to block anything.
                    Last edited by IBeWriteGood; 05-23-2013, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Idiot_Kicker View Post

Today I learned that the number of interceptions a safety has is directly correlated to how well they perform their responsibilities. (/sarcasm)

And NO. The person responsible for covering the TE depends exclusively on the personnel grouping and the play call. Moore played centerfield more than anything this year. It was Mike Adams who was responsible for TEs most of the time (that's to say - when the play required a Safety to cover a TE). There are plenty of formations that call for a LB or nickel/CB to cover the TE. The Broncos as a whole were bad in that regard.

Football isn't as simple as you'd like to make it out to be. And yes, your definition of "really good" is different and obviously wrong, seeing as how it's based on two misguided statements/premises.

Comment

Originally posted by IBeWriteGood View Post
                        Today I learned that the number of interceptions a safety has is directly correlated to how well they perform their responsibilities. (/sarcasm)

And NO. The person responsible for covering the TE depends exclusively on the personnel grouping and the play call. Moore played centerfield more than anything this year. It was Mike Adams who was responsible for TEs most of the time (that's to say - when the play required a Safety to cover a TE). There are plenty of formations that call for a LB or nickel/CB to cover the TE. The Broncos as a whole were bad in that regard.

Football isn't as simple as you'd like to make it out to be. And yes, your definition of "really good" is different and obviously wrong, seeing as how it's based on two misguided statements/premises.
                        I know, imagine my surprise when I found out that John Lynch wasn't a good safety...I mean he only had 3 int's while he was here....what a loser....
                        sigpic

Comment

I find it hilarious whenever I read comments about Champ or Rahim on websites like PFT, they always say they are both complete garbage due to the one game against the Baltimore Ravens. I cannot see how any person believes one game or one play is enough tape to make a judgement on a player. I hope these people are not anyone I associate with. I would hope my friends and colleagues have more mental capacity than that.

Rahim will improve and get better next year. If anything, that play and this offseason should give him the motivation to be the best player he can be. Let him have the chip on his shoulder and hopefully we see him respond to the criticism in a big way next season.

Comment

Working...
                          X