RIP Dave Costa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Dave Costa

I read in the Denver Post this morning that former Bronco DL Dave Costa passed away at the age of 71 after a long battle with leukemia. The Post didn't have the obit online but I did find this link:

http://www.talesfromtheamericanfootb...a-passes-away/

Costa was the first Bronco I ever saw in person. He belonged to the same parish my family belonged to and I remember seeing him in church when I was a kid.

RIP Mr. Costa.
    sigpic

Dave Costa, Paul Smith, Rich Jackson and Lyle Alzado/Pete Duranko may be the two best D-Lines (1970-71) the Broncos have ever had. There was a center fold two page photo of Dave Costa knocking Joe Namath off his feet and flying through the air captured by a photographer published in Life magazine the year after the Jets had won Super Bowl III.

Requiescat in pace, #63.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
      Dave Costa, Paul Smith, Rich Jackson and Lyle Alzado/Pete Duranko may be the two best D-Lines (1970-71) the Broncos have ever had. There was a center fold two page photo of Dave Costa knocking Joe Namath off his feet and flying through the air captured by a photographer published in Life magazine the year after the Jets had won Super Bowl III.

Requiescat in pace, #63.
      Is this the pic? Namath isn't flying through the air, but it looks like he took a good shot from Costa.

sigpic

Comment

Just found this one. This must be the one you referred to, Sam...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 80stheman View Post
          Just found this one. This must be the one you referred to, Sam...

That's it! Haven't seen it in years. Great photo. :thumb:

Dave Costa was an old school tough guy.

This reminds me of how much I loved the American Football League in the 1960s. It was one of the things that made surviving the sixties possible.
          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Working...
          X