Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Champ Bailey 53 on Top 100

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
    In this league #1's aren't even always the top receiver anymore. The talent at the WR position is far greater than it was even at the beginning of champs career. Guys like Welker, Gregg Jennings ect... spend time in the slot and move around, they may not play #1 but they are still the main target. It's easy to dismiss what Harris has done based off who he plays against but he's still a hell of a corner.

    We could argue all day back and forth but regardless we don't have to prove each other wrong. Believe what you want to.
    I never dismissed him. He is a very good corner. Putting him on Baileys level is just wrong.

    Yes some slot receivers are good, a handful, but Champ matched up with Bowe twice, AJ Green, Andre Johnson, etc.......... a lot of times without help. Harris often had Mike Adams on the inside.

    I don't think people are all over Bailey, they have said he's not top 3 anymore, but when some posters list 6/7/8 or more corners (Like Verner, Hayward and Harris) who are 'better' thats just madness.

    There's a reason we don't move Champ to safety.

    Do you think Fox would cut Champ and have Harris match up against number one's. He would be in a world of trouble.

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
      I never dismissed him. He is a very good corner. Putting him on Baileys level is just wrong.

      Yes some slot receivers are good, a handful, but Champ matched up with Bowe twice, AJ Green, Andre Johnson, etc.......... a lot of times without help. Harris often had Mike Adams on the inside.

      I don't think people are all over Bailey, they have said he's not top 3 anymore, but when some posters list 6/7/8 or more corners (Like Verner, Hayward and Harris) who are 'better' thats just madness.

      There's a reason we don't move Champ to safety.

      Do you think Fox would cut Champ and have Harris match up against number one's. He would be in a world of trouble.
      So you keep saying.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #78
        Originally posted by Freyaka
        In no order
        Lardarius Webb
        Patrick Peterson
        Tillman
        Sherman
        Hayward
        Johnathan Joseph
        Maybe Chris Harris this year but we'll have to wait and see.

        Again none of you have to like or agree with my opinion, it's why I almost didn't post in this thread because it always results in a flame war of name calling from the "champ is 1337" crowd...You can't have a contrary opinion without people deciding you need to be assaulted... I also love how when you don't show undying love for someone you by default hate them....but moving on...
        I for one have no problem with anyone voicing their opinion but if you are going to voice an opinion don't be upset when people hold a different opinion and back up their opinions with stats as opposed to just saying champ is not top five and may not make your top ten.

        Again if you would bring facts to why you believe that player x is greater than champ then good let me see them otherwise we all just take it as you do not rate champ highly because of one game.
        Last edited by broncsfan219; 05-24-2013, 09:34 PM.

        Comment


        • #79
          Originally posted by Freyaka
          In no order
          Lardarius Webb
          Patrick Peterson
          Tillman
          Sherman
          Hayward
          Johnathan Joseph
          Maybe Chris Harris this year but we'll have to wait and see.

          Again none of you have to like or agree with my opinion, it's why I almost didn't post in this thread because it always results in a flame war of name calling from the "champ is 1337" crowd...You can't have a contrary opinion without people deciding you need to be assaulted... I also love how when you don't show undying love for someone you by default hate them....but moving on...
          Webb only played in 6 games last year so I wouldn't say he's better than Champ. He had a good year in 2011 but that has been his only good year so far.

          Peterson is good, but I wouldn't say he's quite up to Champ yet. I'd have him ranked a little below Champ. He needs to be more consistent.

          Charles Tillman gets too much credit for what he does after catches. Tillman is a terrific cover 2 corner, but he is by no means a good man corner. Allowing 65% isn't good for a top CB.

          I'll give you Richard Sherman. I really like him as well.

          Casey Hayward was absolutely excellent last year. That being said, it was his first year in the NFL and he wasn't facing No. 1 WRs week in and week out. I definitely think he'll be up there, maybe as soon as next year but until I see him covering No. 1 WRs, I can't put him over Champ.

          I'm really high on Johnathan Joseph, I really am. That being said, last year was not his best year. I know he was battling with injuries, but he has not been as good in Houston as he was in Cincinnati.

          There are few CBs in the NFL that I would let match up against the other team's best WR without safety help like we did with Champ last year. Sherman, Revis (if healthy), Cromartie, and Champ are the only CBs I would do that with.

          Comment


          • #80
            Good morning everyone. Let's keep the discussion on topic please.

            Thanks
            sigpic
            The Bronco fan pledge;
            I am a Broncos Fan and I believe
            I believe in Mile High Magic and bleed Orange and Blue.
            I celebrate the Orange Crush, The Drive, and the Mile High Salute.
            I create the THUNDER, share the common dream, and will forever be a proud citizen of
            Bronco's Country.


            Adopt a Poster AZ Snake Fan & SecondsAway131

            Comment


            • #81
              Originally posted by broncsfan219 View Post
              I for one have no problem with anyone voicing their opinion but if you are going to voice an opinion don't be upset when people hold a different opinion and back up their opinions with stats as opposed to just saying champ is not top five and may not make your top ten.

              Again if you would bring facts to why you believe that player x is greater than champ then good let me see them otherwise we all just take it as you do not rate champ highly because of one game.
              Look I'm not trying to prove you wrong I'm just stating an opinion I'm not going to all that trouble....I didn't get upset till people started calling me arrogant for voicing an opinion. You can believe anything you want about champ.
              sigpic

              Comment

              Working...
              X