Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Offseason analysis... Guys.. we did fantastic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Garfield View Post
    It amazes me that other than take lots of Wades players (mostly our HOF guys) add in a few couple year rentals beng in a Great OL guy. Proceed to get our butts kicked in the home playoff game by an expansion team, then win two, great wins BTW.

From that point on a downward spiral to getting fired after wasting close to 50 mil in signing bonuses for the likes of gardner and carter amoung others.. Having ethe team in cap hell for way to long.

Of that starting defense in 08 only 3 made the team in 09. Champ, Williams and Doom, of the rest where were they in 09 and 10. Out of the NFL and they were our starting D..

Of all his draft players and actual starters in 08 how many made the 10 team and how may are still with the team starting last fall.. Two.

Pretty pathetic.

So go ahead and give him all the love you want just do not expect it to be universal.

I like the lombardis but after he won those it was time for us to move on.
    Six words in your essay about bak to bak rings thanks for supporting my point

Living in a big city without a NFL team I get the talk with allot of different fans of different teams and no one, not even Raider fans, bash their championship coaches or players like Bronco fans and give so little appreciation
    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

This team is going to be like the 1998 team. They dominate throughout the year. Hopefully, like the '98 team they'll dominate in the playoff games as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
        Six words in your essay about bak to bak rings thanks for supporting my point

Living in a big city without a NFL team I get the talk with allot of different fans of different teams and no one, not even Raider fans, bash their championship coaches or players like Bronco fans and give so little appreciation
        I'm sure this will go right over your head.

It could have been more easily could have been a threepete but he did not have the team ready for the Jags in that stunner.

While I'm glad for the two rings he should have retired or moved on after that because he did us NO favors after that. His success with UFA in those first couple of year he relied on it from that point.

Where responsible GMs where building their teams with cheap draftees he was trying without success with expensive rentals that for the most part washed up.

The last top rd1-3 draft choice he resigned was DJ Williams before that it was a guy taken before 2000.

Not the way to build long term teams, seems Elway has taken that lesson to heart.

Comment

Originally posted by speardog View Post
          This team is going to be like the 1998 team. They dominate throughout the year. Hopefully, like the '98 team they'll dominate in the playoff games as well.
          I think we're going to field the best Denver team that's ever played. It's scary to watch guys from last year that got a handful of reps like ayers and Irving and watch them make a impact every play they're in there, then add in a couple guys like DRC and QC and if they play up too there potential we may just have a big time Super Bowl team
          A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

I'm sure this will go right over your head.

It could have been more easily could have been a threepete but he did not have the team ready for the Jags in that stunner.

While I'm glad for the two rings he should have retired or moved on after that because he did us NO favors after that. His success with UFA in those first couple of year he relied on it from that point.

Where responsible GMs where building their teams with cheap draftees he was trying without success with expensive rentals that for the most part washed up.

The last top rd1-3 draft choice he resigned was DJ Williams before that it was a guy taken before 2000.

Not the way to build long term teams, seems Elway has taken that lesson to heart.
            His GM skills sucked no doubt about it.

There are a few flaws with your points imo but while I have shown the ability to admit your right in some areas I do not get the feeling you have the ability to do the same as u keep bashing one of the few coaches in NFL history to win bak to bak rings
            Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

This has been one of the best offseasons in recent memory. Every free agent pick up was solid. I think they have been drafting very well also.

This team was a contender last year and they vastly improved in the offseason. The only key loss was doom - which isn't devestating IMO.

The defense has turned into a force and I don't see any reason to think they won't be a top 10 defense this year.

The offense was very good last year in spite of the fact that they didn't click on all cylinders; late starts, turnovers, drops, etc. Now that Peyton has had another offseason of recovery and acclimation to the mile high city, I believe the offense will also easily be top ten. Again, no reall key losses and they added great acquisitions.

This team is pretty much better overall (on paper) and they were pretty darn good last year.

Thank you front office for taking a bottom feeder team and turning them into a contender in a couple short years.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                His GM skills sucked no doubt about it.

There are a few flaws with your points imo but while I have shown the ability to admit your right in some areas I do not get the feeling you have the ability to do the same as u keep bashing one of the few coaches in NFL history to win bak to bak rings
                Why should I just see the glory and not hold him accountable for the rest of the years?

he does not walk on water like you seem to think he does..

his EGO cost us many other games and possible rings..

those are facts of life his revolving door on any credible DC that did not suck up to him is beyond comprehension.
                his stead fast belief hat light weight LOS folks cost us games..

Especially playoff games.. you know where the rubber meets the road.. the big dawgs win there and he lost all but one meaningless playoff game after TD and John retired..
                one playoff game because our guys could not get to the QB with out blitzing everyone but the cheerleaders.

or when our lack of running game inside the red zone cause Elam to be a league leader in scoring for most of his career in denver..

yes he won two rings after that NADA.. and his own comments were we get paid to win playoff games.. the ultimate goal is superbowl wins..

yet lots of "fans" were content because of something he did a decade before.. unbelievable..

Comment

Why should I just see the glory and not hold him accountable for the rest of the years?

he does not walk on water like you seem to think he does..

his EGO cost us many other games and possible rings..

those are facts of life his revolving door on any credible DC that did not suck up to him is beyond comprehension.
                  his stead fast belief hat light weight LOS folks cost us games..

Especially playoff games.. you know where the rubber meets the road.. the big dawgs win there and he lost all but one meaningless playoff game after TD and John retired..
                  one playoff game because our guys could not get to the QB with out blitzing everyone but the cheerleaders.

or when our lack of running game inside the red zone cause Elam to be a league leader in scoring for most of his career in denver..

yes he won two rings after that NADA.. and his own comments were we get paid to win playoff games.. the ultimate goal is superbowl wins..

yet lots of "fans" were content because of something he did a decade before.. unbelievable..
                  There is a difference between "content" and "appreciative". I appreciated what he meant for this team. But it was clear we needed to go in another direction.

Comment

Working...
                  X