John Fox will be the X factor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Fox will be the X factor

I am fairly convinced, we winning or losing the SB is in the hands of John Fox.

We do have the players to get it done even with few turnovers. It all boils down to how Fox manages and makes situational decisions.

Elway has done a great job. Ball is clearly on John Fox's court. He knows or should know he has to come out of his conservative shackles.

Amen to that. If he ever coaches like he did in the last game in Baltimore, we never win. Period! I want peddle to the metal, every game, no matter the score so we show teams good and bad we aren't going to let up.

I hope with Adam as our new OC, he will be the one to call the shots.
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
      I want peddle to the metal, every game, no matter the score so we show teams good and bad we aren't going to let up.
      Just like the team where you are living :thumb:

Comment

Not likely. I can't see him giving up control to a new OC in a situation like we faced in Baltimore. I suspect his stripes remain true.
        Canadian Denver Bronco Fan Club #60

Comment

Originally posted by ManningForLife View Post
          I am fairly convinced, we winning or losing the SB is in the hands of John Fox.

We do have the players to get it done even with few turnovers. It all boils down to how Fox manages and makes situational decisions.

Elway has done a great job. Ball is clearly on John Fox's court. He knows or should know he has to come out of his conservative shackles.
          Amen to that. If he ever coaches like he did in the last game in Baltimore, we never win. Period! I want peddle to the metal, every game, no matter the score so we show teams good and bad we aren't going to let up.

Elway hired Fox because he wanted a mature methodical and yes, conservative coaching scheme. The call everybody hated at the end of the last possession against the Ravens was based on probabilities. Fox reiterated that he makes that call 10 out of 10 times based on various factors like Moreno going down, (no pass block) Baltimore out of time outs and confidence in his defense not to mention the freezing cold and the age of his QB. We should have won that game with that play call. I won't go into my rant about how we should have been up by 2 scores if not for some hiccups and some incredible luck on the part of the Ravens.

Keeping the pedal to the metal results in stupidity like Gronkowski breaking his arm in a pointless scoring drive ala Patriots running the score up again. We need to stay healthy before we start talking Super Bowl.
          [sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
            Elway hired Fox because he wanted a mature methodical and yes, conservative coaching scheme. The call everybody hated at the end of the last possession against the Ravens was based on probabilities. Fox reiterated that he makes that call 10 out of 10 times based on various factors like Moreno going down, (no pass block) Baltimore out of time outs and confidence in his defense not to mention the freezing cold and the age of his QB. We should have won that game with that play call. I won't go into my rant about how we should have been up by 2 scores if not for some hiccups and some incredible luck on the part of the Ravens.

Keeping the pedal to the metal results in stupidity like Gronkowski breaking his arm in a pointless scoring drive ala Patriots running the score up again. We need to stay healthy before we start talking Super Bowl.
            Sorry the NFL article actually states that his play call on the 3rd and 7 was a bad judgment but that he would choose the knee 10 out of 10 with a tied game and 31sec/two timeouts left. Both were bad calls but I think it was a much worse decision to take the knee than to not go for it on 3rd and 7, though I cussed Fox on that decision

Comment

I have a feeling that none of the players or assistant coaches blame John Fox for the loss to Baltimore in the playoffs. I'm not inclined to, either.
              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                I have a feeling that none of the players or assistant coaches blame John Fox for the loss to Baltimore in the playoffs. I'm not inclined to, either.
                He is responsible for his share.

Moreover, for the future decent wont cut it. Got to be aggressive to win a SB.

I want to know one creative coaching decision he did this last season other than a failed Beadles/Prater. I give him credit for trying.

Comment

Originally posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post

The third down call was inexcusable, the taking the knee was just flat out a terrible decision. He mentions doing that 10 out of 10 times and in a later interview eluded to the fact that many coaches would likely have done the same......thats where it really irks me. There are many things that could happen to benefit us in that situation including (gasp) actually completing a sideline pass or perhaps even getting a clock stopping penalty. Sure there is always the chance that the ball gets picked off, but a very very slim chance they could return it. He eluded to the fact that many coaches would do the same thing, well that just makes it worse IMO. Had the unthinkable happened and a Manning Deep pass gets picked, time would have ticked down and then the Ravens would take the knee to go into overtime with probably less than 15 seconds on the clock. We had 31 seconds, 2 timeouts, Peyton Manning and the ball....yet we never even tried.

Fox claims to play the odds, yet doesnt take that into account for what the other coach would "likely" do with even less time on the clock.

Comment

i dont care what "probabilities" or whatever factored into his terrible decision 30 seconds to go with 2 time outs and you have arguably the greatest Quarterback to ever play and 2 stud Wide Receivers and you dont even take a shot??? thats just a absolutely terrible call

it was a high risk high reward type situation

Comment

Since it's not posted yet.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/93...denver-broncos

John Fox revisits playoff decisions
                      Updated: May 26, 2013, 2:58 PM ET
                      ESPN.com news services

Email
                      Print

Four months after the Broncos' playoff loss to the Baltimore Ravens, coach John Fox said he'd still have Peyton Manning take a knee and go to overtime rather than try for the win with 31 seconds left. He has second-guessed a pivotal decision he made on Denver's previous offensive possession, however.

AFC West blog

Williamson ESPN.com's Bill Williamson writes about all things AFC West in his division blog.

• Blog network: NFL Nation

Fox told The Denver Post that he's debated the Broncos' final play before overtime with his staff and his wife during the offseason and he "would do the same thing 10 times out of 10," similar to statements he made in the team's news conference in January two days after the 38-35 overtime loss.

Fox said then that he stood by a decision to call a running play on third-and-7 at the Broncos' 47 and then punt the ball away with 1:15 remaining. He has a different opinion now, however.

"That's the one that gnaws at me. We get the first down there, and Baltimore can't stop the clock again, and the game's over," Fox told the newspaper.

Despite being down to their third-string running back, 188-pound Ronnie Hillman, the Broncos called three straight running plays, including a run off right guard on third-and-7 that went for no gain. That ran the clock down to 1:15 and made Baltimore burn all its timeouts.

But three plays after a punt, Joe Flacco threw an improbable 70-yard touchdown over Rahim Moore and into the hands of Jacoby Jones that tied the game.

Asked what call he would have selected instead of Hillman's run off right guard, Fox told the newspaper: "I don't know, but something that would pick up a first down."

As for having Manning kneel down, however, Fox said the Broncos needed to regroup after the Ravens' improbable touchdown.

"When they scored the touchdown, you could hear crickets in the stadium," he told the newspaper. "You think the crowd was shocked? It was a lot harder on the players and the coaches. It was a 12-round fight. We had been knocked down by a hard punch. The best thing we could do was get up, regroup and get to the next round."

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
                      Fox knows he screwed up big time and cost him maybe his best chance at getting to the super bowl again. Things will be different this time around if it's still bothering him that much. I was yelling at the tv when he ran 3 straight times.
                      :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
                        Since it's not posted yet.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/93...denver-broncos

Fox knows he screwed up big time and cost him maybe his best chance at getting to the super bowl again. Things will be different this time around if it's still bothering him that much. I was yelling at the tv when he ran 3 straight times.
                        Boy you and me both.....

as for the article, The team didnt need to regroup....he did. His players are in game mode and sometimes desperation brings out peoples best. The offense was rested and ready to take a shot. We only needed 40 yards, to have a real shot at winning.....yet we didnt even try. Our coach sees nothing wrong with that and will likely take the same approach the next time out of stubborness. His pride wont even let him say he wished we took a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
                          Boy you and me both.....

as for the article, The team didnt need to regroup....he did. His players are in game mode and sometimes desperation brings out peoples best. The offense was rested and ready to take a shot. We only needed 40 yards, to have a real shot at winning.....yet we didnt even try. Our coach sees nothing wrong with that and will likely take the same approach the next time out of stubborness. His pride wont even let him say he wished we took a shot.
                          I know Elway publicly supported Fox which is a good thing but I'm pretty sure he ripped Fox a new one in private. Those kinds of calls in that situation is just inexcusable.
                          :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                          sigpic

Comment

I think this is why we drafted Montee Ball. We need a RB that can get yards when teams know you're going to run it. Montee Ball ran against more stacked boxes than any other RB in the draft. Ball was brought in to be the closer than Fox needs to win with his conservative approach.

Comment

John Fox on the kneel down. he would do it the same 10 out of 10 times again.
                              http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...gs-can-happen/

he plays not to lose, instead of play to win i think. I can understand that when Delhomme was his QB, but not when Manning is the QB.

Comment

Working...
                              X