Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your opinion: Who threatens our AFCW crown?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your opinion: Who threatens our AFCW crown?

The "experts" talk about it, and we occasionally throw our two pennies in there from time to time. However I was just curious to how a poll would show Broncos Country's greatest threat.

Denver swept the division last season and Peyton Manning made it look easy. (Aside from the SD comeback thriller.. that one looked over)

Kansas City- Is making a lot of changes for the better. New coach Andy Reid is going to be a lot more aggressive with his offense than any of the previous KC coaches since Dick Vermeil. Alex Smith is also twice the QB Cassel can pretend to be. And they've got a very young and talented D. This team is seriously a lot of discipline away from being a playoff contender. I see them as a very high threat to our crown.

San Diego- If anyone knows me.. they know I hate hate hate HATE the San Diego Chargers with a passion. I live to watch them lose. I live to see their team fall to pieces...

/end of rant

Anyways. As long as the SD offense has Phillip Rivers they are an immediate threat in the air. They've also revamped their D by grabbing Dwight Freeney and drafting Teo'. Lets face it, publicity embarrassment of the Manti hoax doesn't change the kid's god given athleticism. He'll be good with proper coaching and so forth. Also their new HC Mike McCoy; has an uncanny talent of actually being able to utilize his player's skill sets. Making SD a lot more deadly.

Oakland- My beautiful Momma raised me in the mindset that if I have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all.. So I wont. I don't see Oakland as a threat; don't forget they did sweep the Divison like us back in 2011 (or was it 2010?)
    Kansas City
    81.08%
    San Diego
    16.22%
    Oakland
    2.70%

FYI - Last time Oakland won the AFC West was way back in 2000,2001 and 2002

I'm a little concerned with KC. Especially playing them "IN" KC. We ALWAYS seem to struggle there. Even last year we struggled to win there. But I feel we will have no problem taking AFC West barring a catastrophe.

Comment

Kc no doubt, we struggled in Arrowhead last year and although we have improved our roster they have too. But we still got this!

Comment

Originally posted by johntbronco View Post
        FYI - Last time Oakland won the AFC West was way back in 2000,2001 and 2002

I'm a little concerned with KC. Especially playing them "IN" KC. We ALWAYS seem to struggle there. Even last year we struggled to win there. But I feel we will have no problem taking AFC West barring a catastrophe.
        Agreed. In KC is probably my least favorite place to play. Hopefully by then our run game will be established to the point where Peyton's not gonna have to do it all.

Comment

Nobody in the division should contend with us. I see SD coming in second, followed by KC then Oakland.
          sigpic
          2012 Broncos Country Pick 'Em Challenge Champion

Comment

Originally posted by TH3JUICEMAN View Post
            Nobody in the division should contend with us. I see SD coming in second, followed by KC then Oakland.
            Granted the Andy Reid Chiefs have yet to play a down in the 2013 season.. I just see the Chiefs being far more formidable than the Chargers this year. SD gets progressively worse and worse every year. Their only hope of turning into a SB team over night is if Rivers has a magic season. Which is improbable but not impossible.

Comment

Andy Reid hasnt been the Andy Reid of past in a number of years. Maybe getting out of Philly will help, but I just don't see it.
              sigpic
              2012 Broncos Country Pick 'Em Challenge Champion

Comment

Originally posted by TH3JUICEMAN View Post
                Andy Reid hasnt been the Andy Reid of past in a number of years. Maybe getting out of Philly will help, but I just don't see it.
                Maybe...

Personally, I see Reid like Shanny. Darn good coach. Can lead a team to the playoffs. However he was just stuck in such a rut with his old team and old personnel that nothing was able to get accomplished. Hard to say though

Comment

KC, best QB of the 3, best RB PERIOD, best home field advantage of the 3, best HC of the 3, and best D of the 3
                  "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

I say the Raiders. I think McFadden will stay healthy this year and will put up some big time numbers. Reid and McCoy are going to take time to find their groove with their new teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Denver Mike View Post
                      The "experts" talk about it, and we occasionally throw our two pennies in there from time to time. However I was just curious to how a poll would show Broncos Country's greatest threat.

Denver swept the division last season and Peyton Manning made it look easy. (Aside from the SD comeback thriller.. that one looked over)
                      Disagree with you saying Manning made it looked easy,because we had a hard time with putting points up against the Chiefs in the first game and had a hard time against the Raiders in the second game.....Not saying you're wrong,but I wouldnt say it was easy either...
                      I support Kaepernick 100%

Comment

No one in our division will threaten us, barring serious injuries to key players.

That being said, I think the division will end up Den, SD, KC, Oak

Not drinking the Andy Reid/Alex Smith koolaid. Reid has been a lousy coach for a few years and Smith isn't much of an upgrade over Cassell

Comment

Nobody ...but KC will be the only decent challenge

Comment

Originally posted by mray View Post
                            No one in our division will threaten us, barring serious injuries to key players.

That being said, I think the division will end up Den, SD, KC, Oak

Not drinking the Andy Reid/Alex Smith koolaid. Reid has been a lousy coach for a few years and Smith isn't much of an upgrade over Cassell

I agree. KC seems to be a popular pick but lets keep in mind that they were the worst team in the league last year. I know they have talent but i'm not buying into A. Smith as a viable option. I'm going with SD as they have the best QB out of the three teams.
                            sigpic

Comment

I said KC for a few of reasons.

1. They had a solid young defense last year that I only see getting better.
                              2. They got better at a key position of need in adding Alex Smith at QB.
                              3. They have a better HC than they have had in a while.
                              4. Jamal Charles if he can stay healthy is a dangerous threat out of the back field.
                              5. The final reason i say KC is the other 2 are just not that good. Joakland is just a poorly run franchise at this point, and San Diego is in rebuild mode for the next few seasons it appears with a rookie head coach.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X