X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surprise Starters at (almost) each position

QB is set. FB we have only one.

RB: Knowshon Moreno

The way I can see this happening is if Moreno is actually more impressive running in the zone than Ball. Not to say Ball won't get carries if it does happen, but the carries may be split in the slight favor of Knowshon.

WR: Tavarres King

If Decker is moved to the slot more then I can see us putting King on the outside. This would actually mean we play a lot of 4 WR and 1 RB sets

TE: Julius Thomas

Thomas finally shows why we drafted him. He stays healthy and becomes one of the most dynamic TE's in the NFL, in the mold of Gronk.

OL: Chris Kuper
    I have about zero confidence in Walton as a center. If it's all about having the best 5 lineman on the field to protect our investment than Kuper should get a shot. I have no idea if he can play the position, but I have no doubt he would be better than any of the ones we have.

DE: Quanterus Smith

Long story short, I think this guy may be the next Julius Peppers.

DT: Terrance Knighton

I think people believe Kevin Vickerson might start. But I believe JDR will get this guy back right and have him as a run-stopping force. Williams will start too, in case you were wondering.

LB: Nate Irving

I believe in Nasty Nate. He has better instincts than Mays ever had and a few pro seasons under his belt, so he should be strong enough to handle blocks and handle what's thrown at him. I see him as an emotional leader in the middle of the line.

CB: Omar Bolden

This guy has all the potential in the world. He told Fox that he was going to come back and take somebody's job and I believe him. Fox also has said Bolden has first round talent.

S: Champ Bailey

Champ is team first. Champ is our best tackling DB. Champ is also losing a step and I'm sure he wants to remain dominant, not just almost as dominant as he once was. Let Champ, already a HoF player, do what the other HoF's did later in their career and move him to S. Moore can man the other spot and Champ can communicate to him what he sees, making him a better player. Mike Adams isn't our God-sent safety and Carter will get his playing time, one way or the other, because the guy is too talented not to be on the field and the league is too pass-happy for him not to be needed.

It would look like this (roughly):

QB: Manning/ Oz
    FB: Hester
    RB: Moreno / Ball / Hillman
    WR: DT / King / Decker / Welker / Robinson
    TE: Tamme / Thomas / Dreesen / Green
    OT: Clady / Franklin
    OG: Beadles / Vasquez
    C: Kuper

RDE: Smith / Ayers
    LDE: Wolfe / Beal
    DT: Williams / Knighton / Vickerson
    SLB: Von
    MLB: Nate
    WLB: Woodyard
    CB: DRC / Bolden / Harris / Webster / Carter
    S: Champ / Moore / Carter / Adams

Originally posted by ZeusOnEarth View Post
    QB is set. FB we have only one.

RB: Knowshon Moreno

The way I can see this happening is if Moreno is actually more impressive running in the zone than Ball. Not to say Ball won't get carries if it does happen, but the carries may be split in the slight favor of Knowshon.

WR: Tavarres King

If Decker is moved to the slot more then I can see us putting King on the outside. This would actually mean we play a lot of 4 WR and 1 RB sets

TE: Julius Thomas

Thomas finally shows why we drafted him. He stays healthy and becomes one of the most dynamic TE's in the NFL, in the mold of Gronk.

OL: Chris Kuper
    I have about zero confidence in Walton as a center. If it's all about having the best 5 lineman on the field to protect our investment than Kuper should get a shot. I have no idea if he can play the position, but I have no doubt he would be better than any of the ones we have.

DT: Terrance Knighton

I think people believe Kevin Vickerson might start. But I believe JDR will get this guy back right and have him as a run-stopping force. Williams will start too, in case you were wondering.

LB: Nate Irving

I believe in Nasty Nate. He has better instincts than Mays ever had and a few pro seasons under his belt, so he should be strong enough to handle blocks and handle what's thrown at him. I see him as an emotional leader in the middle of the line.

CB: Omar Bolden

This guy has all the potential in the world. He told Fox that he was going to come back and take somebody's job and I believe him. Fox also has said Bolden has first round talent.

S: Champ Bailey

Champ is team first. Champ is our best tackling DB. Champ is also losing a step and I'm sure he wants to remain dominant, not just almost as dominant as he once was. Let Champ, already a HoF player, do what the other HoF's did later in their career and move him to S. Moore can man the other spot and Champ can communicate to him what he sees, making him a better player. Mike Adams isn't our God-sent safety and Carter will get his playing time, one way or the other, because the guy is too talented not to be on the field and the league is too pass-happy for him not to be needed.

It would look like this (roughly):

QB: Manning/ Oz
    FB: Hester
    RB: Moreno / Ball / Hillman
    WR: DT / King / Decker / Welker / Robinson
    TE: Tamme / Thomas / Dreesen / Green
    OT: Clady / Franklin
    OG: Beadles / Vasquez
    C: Kuper

RDE: Smith / Ayers
    LDE: Wolfe / Beal
    DT: Williams / Knighton / Vickerson
    SLB: Von
    MLB: Nate
    WLB: Woodyard
    CB: DRC / Bolden / Harris / Webster / Carter
    S: Champ / Moore / Carter / Adams
    Walton and ayers were 2 of our better young players last year, Walton may have been our best olineman while I think ayers is going to blow up this year at DE
    A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

^ both above posts are absurd...to the 2nd post, Walton was never our best anything

Also, Julius Thomas would never be Gronk, Jimmy Graham is a more realistic comparison...

Quantareus Smith can't possibly start because of his ACL...and would never be like Julius Peppers...that's not his mold

For Tavares King to start, would have to mean an injury to one of our top 3...even if he played in the 4 WR set, which he may...that doesn't make him a "starter"

How in the hell does Omar Bolden have "sky is the limit potential"???...That's DRC...I can see Bolden actually being cut possibly, never liked the pick and I'm damn sure he's not starting this year barring injury because there's no way anybody's replacing Champ, DRC, or Harris which happens to be the best CB trio in the league without question...

N yeah let's take our #1 CB, who shut down #1 WR'S on an island all last year and put him at S...

FTR, I believe Kayvon Webster should be our other starting safety

Comment

Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
        ^ both above posts are absurd...to the 2nd post, Walton was never our best anything

Also, Julius Thomas would never be Gronk, Jimmy Graham is a more realistic comparison...

Quantareus Smith can't possibly start because of his ACL...and would never be like Julius Peppers...that's not his mold

For Tavares King to start, would have to mean an injury to one of our top 3...even if he played in the 4 WR set, which he may...that doesn't make him a "starter"

How in the hell does Omar Bolden have "sky is the limit potential"???...That's DRC...I can see Bolden actually being cut possibly, never liked the pick and I'm damn sure he's not starting this year barring injury because there's no way anybody's replacing Champ, DRC, or Harris which happens to be the best CB trio in the league without question...

N yeah let's take our #1 CB, who shut down #1 WR'S on an island all last year and put him at S...

You need to go back and watch Walton this last year. He was dominate in the middle of our oline until his injury. The weaknesses in our oline were beadles and manram

No way is bolden cut, that's one of our young stashes just like Irving who won't see much of the field until a couple years of development
        A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

I'm getting tired of seeing people say we should move Decker to full time slot WR. He's perfectly fine in the position he's been playing the last two years, and we already have the best slot WR in the league in Wes Welker. Makes absolutely no sense. None.

And Julius Thomas stinks. We've been waiting for him to do anything for 2 full seasons and he just hasn't done jack. It really would not surprise me at all if he gets cut this year. Virgil Green at least can stay healthy...

Comment

Walton was actually performing very well, I can't speak to JT but every report out of training camp says he doesn't stink. He just has the same problem DT had coming out. Remember when everyone said DT sucked and was a bust because he couldn't stay healthy his first two years? C'mon now. You can't say the guy stinks. That's just silly.

Also why would decker play in the slot when we have Welker?

Comment

Originally posted by ZeusOnEarth View Post

Not trying to be rude but the quoted statement is completely insane. Firstly if Smith does pan out he is nowhere in the mold of Peppers as a player or athlete. Peppers is a mountain of a man and a complete physical freak of nature that dominated on multiple levels. Smith has a smaller frame and has never shown continual dominance over elite competition(Alabama game was nice for him but he never replicated that against weaker teams.) You are reaching massively on the players and projections they can fulfill.
              Backing Moreno, Ayers, and Smith for 09.
              Supporting this staff!
              Yes, I know my name is outdated, too lazy to care though hah = )

Comment

I feel like people say Decker should play in the slot just because he's white.

He is an outside receiver, not a slot guy.

Comment

Ok.

10 char
                  Go Broncos!!!:thumb:

Comment

No way Knighton stats over Big Vick. Anyone that goes back and watches videos from last year will see Big Vick was verrrry good for us. Resigning him was of great importance this past offseason

Comment

RB: Knowshon Moreno. He's being counted out by nearly everybody, but he showed me enough to have my trust.

TE: Virgil Green. Dreessen will be hands down number one IMO, but Green is our most gifted tight end, and does a lot of things well.

SS: Quinton Carter. If he bounces back and plays like he did in the playoffs, we will have a pair of dynamic safeties to ride into the season with.
                      Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Comment

Utterly insane
                        So far:
                        FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                        1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

Saying Quanterus "can't possibly start" is also absurd. He's going to be ready to go within weeks, not months...
                          Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Comment

Originally posted by berlownacyo7s View Post
                            I'm getting tired of seeing people say we should move Decker to full time slot WR. He's perfectly fine in the position he's been playing the last two years, and we already have the best slot WR in the league in Wes Welker. Makes absolutely no sense. None.
                            I guess because he's white, people have always wanted to peg him as a "slot guy" a la Ricky Proel and Brandon Stokley... despite being 6'3 and being able to beat people on the deep ball and in the redzone. It's never made sense to me, either.

Comment

Uhm, All year is probably a little exaggerating. Torrey Smith might have an issue with that statement.

Comment

Working...
                              X