Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll - What ta do with McGahee

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Poll - What ta do with McGahee

    Denver post has a recent article about McGahee. He has not shown up in OTA's. I guess he's working down in Miami somewhere.

    So....I am bored....so i decided, lets do a poll on what ta do with McGahee. If i dont get the entry you want, just make a comment and tell us what you think.

    http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...ps-otas-but-is
    65
    Cut him! - We will save 2 million off the cap.
    41.54%
    27
    Willis should start. He was starter last year and should start again.
    12.31%
    8
    Keep Willis as a backup only just in case.
    9.23%
    6
    Wills should be part of a running back by committie approach.
    29.23%
    19
    Other option? if so, please comment!
    7.69%
    5
    Last edited by johntbronco; 06-04-2013, 07:40 AM.

  • #2
    Broncos RB Willis McGahee skips OTAs but is expected to be at minicamp
    Posted: 06/04/2013 12:01:00 AM MDT
    June 4, 2013 7:8 AM GMTUpdated: 06/04/2013 01:08:30 AM MDTMike Klis, The Denver Postdenverpost.com

    Willis McGahee (Denver Post file)To understand why Willis McGahee has been absent from the Broncos' offseason program, it helps to know where he came from.

    Before the running back signed with the Broncos two years ago, McGahee was a Baltimore Raven. In Baltimore, Ray Lewis and Ed Reed didn't show up for organized team activities (OTAs). Terrell Suggs, Haloti Ngata and Vonta Leach are continuing the Ravens' veteran tradition this year by skipping OTAs.

    McGahee has transplanted the roots of his OTA beliefs by staying away from Dove Valley the past two years. The audience is a little different in Denver, though. Aside from left tackle Ryan Clady, who is staying away from OTAs in protest of his contract situation, McGahee is the only veteran not attending.

    His

    Photos: NFL

    View slide show of Broncos OTAs on Monday at Dove Valley.
    agents say he is not asking for more money and that their client has some personal family matters he has been attending to. And, McGahee's knee injury from last season would limit his repetitions in practice anyhow.

    McGahee could not be reached for comment.

    Whatever the reasons for his absence, he is not around to stem the development of young running backs Ronnie Hillman and Montee Ball.

    "We do anticipate Willis will be here for the (mandatory) minicamp next weekend," Broncos coach John Fox said.

    Comment


    • #3
      I think at this point it would be pointless to cut him unless you will use that money to re-sign Clady, someone else or bring in a free agent. If none of these things are what the Broncos want to do then why cut Willis Mcgahee ? It doesn't affect me or you if Pat Bowlen saves 2.5 Million Dollars this year. I would prefer to keep him and have depth and insurance at the position.

      In saying that. If the Broncos do want to Re-sign Clady now, someone else or bring in a Free Agent like say, Richard Seymour then I would be all for cutting him. If his 2.5 Million being cleared off the books meant bringing in Richard Seymour I would be stoked. Richard Seymour, Sylvester Williams, Kevin Vickerson and Terrance Knighton is a very nice rotation and the best we would have had at that position in a long time.

      Comment


      • #4
        I think they keep McGahee on the roster as an insurance policy until they find out more about Knowshon Moreno's injury and how well he's gonna hold up.

        Comment


        • #5
          Bring him to camp, let them duke it out for roster spots.

          Comment


          • #6
            I really think the writing is on the wall for either Moreno or McGahee. My vote is to cut the older McGahee. They will definitely keep M Ball and Hillman.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
              I think at this point it would be pointless to cut him unless you will use that money to re-sign Clady, someone else or bring in a free agent. If none of these things are what the Broncos want to do then why cut Willis Mcgahee ? It doesn't affect me or you if Pat Bowlen saves 2.5 Million Dollars this year. I would prefer to keep him and have depth and insurance at the position.

              In saying that. If the Broncos do want to Re-sign Clady now, someone else or bring in a Free Agent like say, Richard Seymour then I would be all for cutting him. If his 2.5 Million being cleared off the books meant bringing in Richard Seymour I would be stoked. Richard Seymour, Sylvester Williams, Kevin Vickerson and Terrance Knighton is a very nice rotation and the best we would have had at that position in a long time.
              Well except for the fact that it carries over to next year and gives us a little wiggle room next year...I get that we are in "Win now" mode but you still gotta think about the future at least a little or you end up colapsing in on yourself.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                Cut him and Mays. Give money to Ryan Clady. End of story IMO.

                Comment


                • #9
                  This was our weakest position going into the playoffs last year. Keep him available in the unfortunate event that we need three games out of him. I have every confidence that Montee and Knowshon will be the workhorse brigade with Hillman added for speed, But...
                  [sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    i would definitely keep the veteran back. He has been our work horse the last couple years and he is the only veteran back with enough experience Imo on the roster to help mentor our very young backs. I believe we should keep him and let him start to begin the year and work Ball in the rotation more and more as he gets experience. He has 0 NFL plays on the field and WM could really help his transition not to mention he is another insurance against injury.. I believe the front office believes KM is third down back and Hillman is change of pace back so we need depth as the workhorse back. I definitely would not be comfortable with L Ball being that depth. I would keep WM. I believe we could make a run for the SB this year but the running game will be very important so I think we should definitely keep the veteran for the year
                    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I think it's ridiculous how many votes there are for cut him and save a mere 2 million.

                      I realize he fumbled a lot last year and is injury prone. But when healthy and holding onto the football he is still easily the best option we have at RB right now.

                      At least until Ball and Hillman develop.

                      So 1 more year can't hurt anything. Especially knowing how easily Denver RB's get injured these past 5 years.
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Personally, I wanna keep him. I just don't see it happening.

                        But since this is about what WE (the fans) think or want, I'll go with option three (keep him as a backup).
                        Adopted Poster
                        AZ Snake Fan

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I'd like to keep him and have a stable with mcgahee, Moreno, ball and hillman which may be one of the best groups in the league except that that would leave us with no special teamers
                          A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                            I think it's ridiculous how many votes there are for cut him and save a mere 2 million.

                            I realize he fumbled a lot last year and is injury prone. But when healthy and holding onto the football he is still easily the best option we have at RB right now.

                            At least until Ball and Hillman develop.

                            So 1 more year can't hurt anything. Especially knowing how easily Denver RB's get injured these past 5 years.
                            I think the decision isn't just for cutting 2 million off the cap. IMO either Moreno or McGahee is going to be cut. Our future is going to be the combo of M Ball and Hillman.

                            McGahee is old and has a tendancy to fumble sometimes. Moreno has flashes of good stuff, but is injury prone. So...which one do you cut? I say go younger and keep Moreno.

                            We also need to keep a RB that can also do special teams. We have the following left not in particular order 1) Lance Ball 2) Jacob Hester 3) J Johnson 4) CJ Anderson.

                            From the Gase interviews, he mentions how versitile Hester is... I don't know if that means they want to keep him.

                            I know they like Lance Ball for special teams, but IMO he is less than mediocre in RB position.

                            I am not sure but J Johnson has been on the practice squad for a long time and i dont know if they have the ablility to keep him around any longer.

                            IMO CJ Anderson's best shot is the practice squad.


                            so...my guess is either Moreno or McGahee will get cut.

                            and....either Hester or Lance Ball will get cut.

                            and...J Johnson will get cut

                            and...CJ Anderson will HOPE for a sweet practice squad positon!
                            Last edited by johntbronco; 06-04-2013, 10:06 AM.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by crash123go View Post
                              I'd like to keep him and have a stable with mcgahee, Moreno, ball and hillman which may be one of the best groups in the league except that that would leave us with no special teamers
                              This!

                              I hate keeping a roster spot for ball just because he plays ST. Make one of them play Punt protection on ST and KO...We should be keeping the best backs on this roster. That is hillman, knowshon and mcgahee, montee, (alphabetical order for those who want to get prissy).
                              So far:
                              FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                              1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X